So let's start planning for next year....

While Amon Amarth are one of my favorite bands, they don't fit this fest. They're just too damn heavy and anyone who has gone to their shows know that their floor is nuts. They'd have to rope off the floor.

Nope, they wouldn't, since moshing at ProgPower is strictly prohibited.

And I don't know about you, but Amon Amarth fits this festival imo. If you think about it, we've had bands that don't exactly fit the fest and have gone over rather well.

Nope, they wouldn't, since moshing at ProgPower is strictly prohibited.

And I don't know about you, but Amon Amarth fits this festival imo. If you think about it, we've had bands that don't exactly fit the fest and have gone over rather well.

Oh I know, but usually when they don't fit they're lesser known names. Amon Amarth if they were to play would have to be a headliner due to their popularity.

Excellent choice. While I wasn't crazy about their second release, "The Seventh Sign" was phenomenal!!!! Happy to hear they have a new release scheduled...I had no idea.

I've been talking to Torben and Anders. Should be out the end of May :headbang: Why didn't you like Parallel Lives? I happen love both discs!

While Amon Amarth are one of my favorite bands, they don't fit this fest. They're just too damn heavy and anyone who has gone to their shows know that their floor is nuts. They'd have to rope off the floor.

Hell the floor for a Type O Show is nuts too. Kind of silly IMHO.

With bands like Tyr and Korpiklaani being the rage, it couldn't hurt the fest.

Oceans of Sadness is pretty heavy and I'll be right up front for them.

I think they would be a good "odd ball" band and would be a much better fit than say, Lady GaGa (who would be much competition for my wacked out outfits).

-Metal

I thinking more of opening bands than anything else, but personally I would love to see the likes of:

Spastic Ink/Fractured Dimension/Blotted Science (anything with Mr. Jarozembek)
Akphaezya (they would have the Diablo Swing Orchestra effect, I think)
Section A (wish I would have thought of this)
Mind's Eye
Bigelf
Manimal
Red Circuit
At War With Self
Orden Ogan
Myrath

Headliners:

Redemption
Symphony X
Blind Guardian
Derek Sherinian and company
and of course, anything with Arjen

Wishful thinking, but what the hell, I just can't help but to play along.

How about Section A? Anyone into them?? New album coming out in a few months!

+1

How about for some more lesser knowns?

AtmOsfear
Day Six
Dante
Eyefear
LanFear
Lord of Mushrooms
Oceansize
Orphan Project
Subsignal
Subterranean Masquerade