So let's start planning for next year....

How about that Sabaton headliner slot? You know you want it.

Mob Rules
Within Temptation
Heavenly
Masterplan
Savage Circus
Vanden Plas
Therion
Arjen Lucassen doing whatever the hell he wants to

I'm fairly sure Christofer Johnsson has ruled out any "normal" return to the States for Therion any time soon..... Then again, ProgPower is far from normal. :)

They'd still cost the Moon, but damn, what a show!

Maybe with enough sponsorships.... I mean, I'm unemployed, but I'd still kick in for that.

Gotthard - I think these guys would go over HUGE!

AMEN to that!!! :headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

I have never listened to anything from this band before. For what ever reason I thought these guys were a Black/Death band. Don't ask me why, maybe the name and that they are from Sweden. But anyways, I checked them out since I normally like the same style as you John, and this is right up my alley. I definitely need to get their CDs asap. Thanks for posting this as I have found another band to get into. This is the reason why I love this forum.

Reason: Booking Sabaton back in 2011 would violate Glenn's "no return in less than two years" rule, and most of us know his rules.

O'course, rules were meant to be broken.... :lol:

Just expressing an opinion about nobody mentioning them, rules or no rules. IMO, having a lineup with NO returning bands would totally kick ass. But that is just MO.

(and yeah Sabaton coming back next year would be cool, rules or no rules.)

It slays me that the thread went this way. What will we have next, a wish list for PP14? Shall we say we want bands that have not even formed yet?

I have never listened to anything from this band before. For what ever reason I thought these guys were a Black/Death band. Don't ask me why, maybe the name and that they are from Sweden. But anyways, I checked them out since I normally like the same style as you John, and this is right up my alley. I definitely need to get their CDs asap. Thanks for posting this as I have found another band to get into. This is the reason why I love this forum.

Awesome! It is a great place to be. Start with G, you won't be disappointed :kickass:.

If you are talking about Gotthard? Just for the record, they are not from Sweden but from Switzerland. Big difference... Especially for us Swedes :)

Great band though.

If you are talking about Gotthard? Just for the record, they are not from Sweden but from Switzerland. Big difference... Especially for us Swedes :)

My bad. I guess I wasn't paying attention when I was reading about them. Now I really don't know why I thought they were a Black/Death band.

I'll have to check out G. I just downloaded their latest CD and so far I am loving this.

Just for the record, they are not from Sweden but from Switzerland. Big difference... Especially for us Swedes :)

Neutral during wars : check!
Can't play soccer : check!
A love for cheese : check!
Overpriced EVERYTHING : check!

Hey, those were the first couple of things that came to my mind ... Sweden and Switzerland is practically the same!!!!

;)

Best regards,
The Dane

I like some of the picks so far, especially Equilibrium - but I can't see them appearing on account of the lack of clean vocals. But how about bands like Armageddon or While Heaven Wept? I'm not sure if Armageddon is technically together anymore. Metal Archives says "on-hold" for band status.

Mate... you can wipe your a** with that ranking system.

Mate, before you get all pissy, I like Sweden too. Hell, I actually have Swedish background. I love Sweden's soccer team.

And by the way, I'd rather wipe my ass with nice and comfy toilet paper, and go celebrate my country's record FIVE WORLD CUP titles. ;)

By the way, you guys *almost* did it in 94. We happened to stand on your way though ;) :lol:

*just giving you shit haha

Mate, before you get all pissy, I like Sweden too. Hell, I actually have Swedish background. I love Sweden's soccer team.

And by the way, I'd rather wipe my ass with nice and comfy toilet paper, and go celebrate my country's record FIVE WORLD CUP titles. ;)

By the way, you guys *almost* did it in 94. We happened to stand on your way though ;) :lol:

*just giving you shit haha

Same here... :lol: Not pissy at all. Just find that ranking system rather absurd as one sometimes see countries like Lichtenstein ranked ahead of Spain and the like...

Believe me... I too wonder what the deal is with our national team... On paper they should be great but always make us weep in the end.
Just look at Ibra... Fantastic in Inter / Barca but hasn't done shite while playing for Sweden.

Neutral during wars : check!
Can't play soccer : check!
A love for cheese : check!
Overpriced EVERYTHING : check!

Hey, those were the first couple of things that came to my mind ... Sweden and Switzerland is practically the same!!!!

;)

Best regards,
The Dane

Hey now Herr Dansk!!!

Let's compare Denmark to Albania...

Everyone outside of the city centers live in concrete boxes : check
Hasch is more readily available than bottled water : check
All taxi drivers wear turbans (not that there is anything wrong with that) : check
Everyone is from Albania : check

Suck on that one Mr. Glistrup :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

P.S Noticed that I left hockey alone...?? Nice guy as I am...