TEXAS MADFEST ANNOUNCEMENT

Oh NOOOOO, why would I do that? I'd expect something far more random from you!

Like...

frenchpz5.gif

HOO HOO HOOOOO!!!

And so it begins...err...again...I mean it already started but this is the official start soooo...aw the hell with with it! Ya'll know what I mean.

And for those who are coming from out of state, "Ya'll" is a phrase you must adapt into your vocabulary!!

Hey here's some hotel info for anyone planning to come from out-of-town!

VENUE INFORMATION:
Forgetta Bout It - F.B.I. Rock Club #1
11528 Jones Rd.
Houston, Tx, 77070
(281) 807-4116

Holiday Inn Exp-Nw Highway 290
12915 FM 1960 Rd W
Houston, TX
(832) 237-4300
1.9 mi

In Town Suites
8735 FM 1960 Rd W
Houston, TX
(281) 807-9267
2.0 mi

Intown Suites Mills Road
8735 FM 1960 Rd W
Houston, TX
(281) 807-0256
2.0 mi

Wingate Inns - Houston, TX
9050 Mills Road
Houston, TX
(281) 477-8182
2.1 mi

I haven't been keeping up with the talk about Madfest, is this going to feature Prog & Power metal bands or all genres? I see the 2006 show was all extreme black and death metal.

I haven't been keeping up with the talk about Madfest, is this going to feature Prog & Power metal bands or all genres? I see the 2006 show was all extreme black and death metal.

This show is going to feature the best Progressive and Power metal bands we could assemble, plus some of the best TEXAS BBQ around.

Hey here's some hotel info for anyone planning to come from out-of-town!

VENUE INFORMATION:
Forgetta Bout It - F.B.I. Rock Club #1
11528 Jones Rd.
Houston, Tx, 77070
(281) 807-4116

Holiday Inn Exp-Nw Highway 290
12915 FM 1960 Rd W
Houston, TX
(832) 237-4300
1.9 mi

In Town Suites
8735 FM 1960 Rd W
Houston, TX
(281) 807-9267
2.0 mi

Intown Suites Mills Road
8735 FM 1960 Rd W
Houston, TX
(281) 807-0256
2.0 mi

Wingate Inns - Houston, TX
9050 Mills Road
Houston, TX
(281) 477-8182
2.1 mi

Cool... But... what about the bands?

This show is going to feature the best Progressive and Power metal bands we could assemble, plus some of the best TEXAS BBQ around.

Why all the fuss over BBQ?? We are talking TEX-MEX here!! I'm thinking about setting up a late lunch on Saturday at my fav restaurant in a town of excellent restaurants!! Cafe Adobe - The original at Shepard and Westheimer - a very "ecclectic" part of town!!. I'm guessing most of the outta-towners will be staying up north and have no wheels, but we can deal with that if enough want to come. I know the manager there well and we could reserve a room next to the bar. This place was also voted the best margaritas in Houston. Let me know if your interested (PM) so I can get a head count.

Love to show off my town and my metal friends!!

Chris :headbang:

As I'll be planning a short vacation around this festival, I'll have to plot out the course - including ETA and where to stay - along with the wife. We may be making one stop along the way, as we'll be making it a road trip. :loco:

So John & Tammy - prepare for the arrival of The Kilted One! :heh:

Why all the fuss over BBQ?? We are talking TEX-MEX here!! I'm thinking about setting up a late lunch on Saturday at my fav restaurant in a town of excellent restaurants!! Cafe Adobe - The original at Shepard and Westheimer - a very "ecclectic" part of town!!. I'm guessing most of the outta-towners will be staying up north and have no wheels, but we can deal with that if enough want to come. I know the manager there well and we could reserve a room next to the bar. This place was also voted the best margaritas in Houston. Let me know if your interested (PM) so I can get a head count.

Love to show off my town and my metal friends!!

Chris :headbang:

Mmmmmmmmm..forget the bbq...bring on the mexican food! :kickass:

Stacy

As I'll be planning a short vacation around this festival, I'll have to plot out the course - including ETA and where to stay - along with the wife. We may be making one stop along the way, as we'll be making it a road trip. :loco:

So John & Tammy - prepare for the arrival of The Kilted One! :heh:

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO the kilted one will be there!!!!!:worship: thank God just bring me a Kilt also.

we can still do it... it'll just be a longer commute. :)
YES! Anyone who is down for a ~19 hour drive each night after the shows is MORE than welcome to party at our house. I won't be there because I'll be staying with someone in Houston but swing by anyway! :loco: