The camera at PPVII issue.

I used digital at PPII, IV, V, and VI. The preview screen allows for pix like this.....

redtad.jpg

and this......
Dannykikin1.jpg

Bryant

Does anyone these days make a digital camera without a video mode? Personally I have no use for it anyway and was hoping to pick up a new camera that I could use at PP as well.

Someone who knows wth they are doing with a camera ought to give a few pointers to the total newbs who will be bringing film cameras this year (like me) so that our pictures are not totally fucked up. I took well over 200 shots last year for 30 or 40 good pictures and really do not want to waste that much film.

Greykiller said:
Someone who knows wth they are doing with a camera ought to give a few pointers to the total newbs who will be bringing film cameras this year (like me) so that our pictures are not totally fucked up. I took well over 200 shots last year for 30 or 40 good pictures and really do not want to waste that much film.

Well first of all, can your camera operate manually? If it's a disposable camera then you are pretty much on your own. If you camera has manual controls or semi manual (aperture priority more or shutter speed priority mode) then you have a lot more flexibility to take a good picture.

I recommend going to this website for some tips

http://www.photo.net/learn/concerts/mirarchi/concer_i

As a personal note, I'd like to add that the only way you'll get better is by actually going out and taking pictures. If the first show you are going to take pictures is PP then be prepared to be dissapointed when you see the results. It's not hard, you just need to be comfortable with w/e system you are using.

Well, first of all, get the right film. With dim light and a lot of action you should go with 800 speed. Will you be using manual SLR? You need to set your aperature and shutter speed to maximize the light to action ratio. Will you be using flash? It's pretty useless at any distance and if there's a smoke machine, you'll get a lot of reflected light. What problems did you have last year?

edit: BP beat me to it. I'm slow today.

Thats the thing, aperture and shutter speed are so important in low light situations (even more so when the subject is moving) that you really need to learn the basics first. Succesful concert photography is not point-and-shoot.

I looked at my digital camera and I can shoot 36minutes of video in good quality with the 256mb card. It looks like I'll be breaking out the ole Cannon T70 35mm. I took it to Santa Barbara last week to get used to using it again. Now that I have...I do miss using that camera but not the expense of the film and printing.

Tickets arrived Friday with barcodes, flight/hotel booked, preparty tix in hand...:Smokin: :headbang: :kickass:

You know, I am REALLY sick of the attitudes on that forum. I co moderate their mailing list, and help with their fan club stuff, and it's so hard to stay neutral, and remain positive amongst some of the people there. I'll be dropping by their to see wtf this is all about..... I got your back! :heh:

J-Dubya

Aw, sorry Jax. Forgot that might give the mod a bit of work. :oops: I just thought there were people here who might be able to add more weight to the discussion than I could. Felt like I was getting tackled. Thanks for the support J-Dub and kitty. :kickass:

BlindPanzer said:
Well first of all, can your camera operate manually? If it's a disposable camera then you are pretty much on your own. If you camera has manual controls or semi manual (aperture priority more or shutter speed priority mode) then you have a lot more flexibility to take a good picture.

I recommend going to this website for some tips

http://www.photo.net/learn/concerts/mirarchi/concer_i

As a personal note, I'd like to add that the only way you'll get better is by actually going out and taking pictures. If the first show you are going to take pictures is PP then be prepared to be dissapointed when you see the results. It's not hard, you just need to be comfortable with w/e system you are using.

I will be bringing a canon EOS Rebel with standard lens and a telephoto lens.

If I can swing it, I will buy a digital rebel before PPVII, since I hate not knowing if my pics did not come out.