The Purchases Thread

The thing that shits me about beer prices is how much they fluctuate from week to week, sometimes by $15 or so. Ridiculous.

like petrol, the prices goes up near public holidays and more importantly Grand Finals
basically anytime people are expected to sit around a drink lots of beer in a single day and not travel anywhere for more beer

I'd be over-the-fucking-moon if I could find a decent beer for $47 a carton!

like petrol, the prices goes up near public holidays and more importantly Grand Finals
basically anytime people are expected to sit around a drink lots of beer in a single day and not travel anywhere for more beer

Not really true.

I'm quite a fan of the new XXXX summer bright lager which is only 39 (i realize you northerners have had this for about a year, but is only recently available in vic). Most things I like hover between the 45 - 80 mark.

SOUNDGARDEN: TELEPANTASM - NEW Greatest Hits package, 2 cd 's and a DVD with 20 odd videos...
BLACK COUNTRY COMMUNION - BLACK COUNTRY COMMUNION

When did that Soundgarden greatest hits package come out?

I haven't bought a slab for yonks. I got one of Blue Tongue for $40 or $45 a while back though. I tried that XXXX beer you speak of the other day; not bad for a hot day beer.

Let us know how that album goes Sprucey, sounds interesting for sure!

Yeah the XXXX beer is good, will probably be my beer of choice this summer I think. Great Price. The last slabs I bought were Bluetounge and Kingfisher (nice lager from India) which were both on special for 38. Awesome.

I drank Kingfisher when I was in India. I like the strong version! We had to get it off some guy our driver knew in one city. Alcohol was frowned upon there so it was like doing a drug deal.

Hmmmm Labrie. Will check that out one day.

When did that Soundgarden greatest hits package come out?

I haven't bought a slab for yonks. I got one of Blue Tongue for $40 or $45 a while back though. I tried that XXXX beer you speak of the other day; not bad for a hot day beer.

Not sure went into JB Hi fi to grab something else and it was out the front with the new release's and stuff.... Probably should have waited till i was in Japan ...anywhoo...