Tower Quits Vision Divine

PurpleCrayonWriter

Just a Kid at Heart
As I was preparing for my interview today with Olaf Thorsen of Vision Divine, I noticed this posting on VD's web site. If it's already old news to everyone, forgive me for re-posting it:

Saturday, May 13th 2006- Tower has left Vision Divine!

Another (and hopefully the last) change in Vision Divine line-up. Things are going great for this band, and of course we're gonna be really busy in the forthcoming seasons. It may sound as a paradox but, because of this, somebody is not able to guarantee a full-time dedication to this band.

Andrea Tower Torricini, after more than 8 years spent with the band, found himself unable to follow the band in the next tours and he couldn't neither find enough time to follow the next songwriting and studio recordings. Having a 2 year old child and a wife, plus a pro-carrer as Squash player (including the National Team), he decided to stop playing with Vision Divine and dedicate himself to a different lifestyle.

I hope you as fans will understand that we always do everything we can to give you only the best, and we need full-time members in order to make the band grow up stronger, as things are going really great for us, and unfortunately there wouldn't be any chance to stop our tours, nor delay our next studio album. This is why we agreed to split, in a friendly way. We wish Tower all the best for his life and his family, and of course VD will always be his home.

Of course, life goes on. This is the last step to make a stable line-up, so that we can look at the future with the certainty that, at any call, VD will be there. Andrea's e-mail will still be active: tower@visiondivine.com

The new VD bass player is Cristiano Bertocchi, who recently left Labyrinth (and who has already played with Olaf for more than 10 years in that band), and it's a pleasure to join one of the best and most experienced bass players we ever had in Italy. First chance to see him live will be at Velvet Rock Club, on May the 26th.

Stay Divine!

Cheers,

Bill

Wow, that is very dissapointing news as I was looking forward to meeting Tower at Prog Power. However, I don't think they could have found a better replacement in the ex-Labyrinth bass player!!!

Keep it in the family I guess. Can't wait to see them blow everyone away at PP this year!!!

nightwish58 said:
Wow, that is very dissapointing news as I was looking forward to meeting Tower at Prog Power. However, I don't think they could have found a better replacement in the ex-Labyrinth bass player!!!

Keep it in the family I guess. Can't wait to see them blow everyone away at PP this year!!!
That's both happy and sad news all at once. I am glad they'll still be playing PPUSA VII. Best ofluck to Tower.
:headbang:

What shit. One of the original members.... He and Olaf I was hoping to meet...

:Smug: