Uniting the Powers of Metal: East Coast Roll Call!!!

So

VA Show was pretty cool, Lol even with Adrenaline Mob there were maybe 75 paying people there? Possibly 100 when they went on. There was the 5 bands + 2 local support.

The show was great for me until the stage manager for AM stood directly behind me yelling to stop our set because we were "a few minutes over", when we were technically 3 minutes early and helped save that show logistically. So ya a bit bitter taste in my mouth tonight not only from the techs of adrenaline mob but also fucking portnoy just being a pre madonna. An their lead guitarist was terrible. Absolutely terrible.

Great staff at Jaxx, enthusiastic crowd and at least the UTPOM bands did the right things tonight and got it done :)

So

VA Show was pretty cool, Lol even with Adrenaline Mob there were maybe 75 paying people there? Possibly 100 when they went on. There was the 5 bands + 2 local support.

The show was great for me until the stage manager for AM stood directly behind me yelling to stop our set because we were "a few minutes over", when we were technically 3 minutes early and helped save that show logistically. So ya a bit bitter taste in my mouth tonight not only from the techs of adrenaline mob but also fucking portnoy just being a pre madonna. An their lead guitarist was terrible. Absolutely terrible.

Great staff at Jaxx, enthusiastic crowd and at least the UTPOM bands did the right things tonight and got it done :)

I saw that guy give you the cutoff sign...at the end of your last song. What a tool. And I'm not a guitarist, but Rich Ward seemed pretty kickass to me.

Last night's show at Jaxx was a lot of fun. I think Camden's estimate of 75-100 people is about right. Subtract all of the Dream Theater shirts and the turnout is not so hot. It was good to talk to some fellow PPUSA forum people and to see such an interesting lineup. For my money, Widow stole the show, reminding people that metal can be fun (someone has to sing about short skirts and booze after all). Adrenaline Mob was awesome. They've got some good songs, some even better covers, and their energy level was insane. Plus, every time Russell Allen opens his mouth it's like a force of nature being unleashed.

It was nice to meet Justin and hang with SkiBumMSP again. I'll agree with Justin that Widow was the surprise of the night. Nothing unique, just in your face heavy metal that rocked the house.

Unfortunately, as I'm coming off of vacation, I was flagging toward the end of the night, so I couldn't really give Creation's End and Adrenalin Mob the attention they deserved.

As for AM, I was somewhat mixed on them. They put on a great show, but I thought their songs were a mixed bag. I agree with Camden that Orlando was a mess of notes. If you can't play fast cleanly, then you shouldn't do it.

I saw that guy give you the cutoff sign...at the end of your last song. What a tool. And I'm not a guitarist, but Rich Ward seemed pretty kickass to me.

Heh.. well at least they cut you off at the end! We were once told to stop after a second song. :lol: ... :(

Ya I mean AM is a big professional band with some very talented musicians, but the level of dick from the stage manager mixed with the flurry of pentatonic gruel coming from (orlando's) rig, and just whitnessing how portnoy soundchecks set me over the edge for ever haveing any respect for them as a band. I think Russell was the only cool one, obviously. He impregnated everyone just by watching.

You can tell a lot about a band by how they sound check and how their crew is.

Lol widow has one of the Funniest in between songs stage show I have ever seen. Haha great guys.

Anywho, leaving the hotel soon, After a nice shower, to go destroy raliegh!

Ya I mean AM is a big professional band

Portnoy and Russ are big established members. If Adrenaline Mob was a "big professional band" they would alone draw more than 100 people at Jaxx. :lol: That band is a joke, sorry. Not only their music is crap, but they act like they're big shit. I could care less about them.

Portnoy and Russ are big established members. If Adrenaline Mob was a "big professional band" they would alone draw more than 100 people at Jaxx. :lol: That band is a joke, sorry. Not only their music is crap, but they act like they're big shit. I could care less about them.

+1

And go figure the majority of a godsmack crowd wouldn't be able to tell if Orlando was bad or not, just sayin...I hope that tour works out for them...

If Adrenaline Mob was a "big professional band" they would alone draw more than 100 people at Jaxx. :lol:

Well, don't let that be the defining factor. I've seen Primal Fear and Doro, play to a crowd of less than 100 on a weekend night at Jaxx. x_x That you guys managed to bring a crowd on a Wednesday is a feat because this is an area where most money-making show-going folks are government workers and have to get up at 5AM.. (Again, I apologize for not making it. D: )

Well, don't let that be the defining factor.

Oh rly captain obvious? :lol:

DuchessofDork said:
I've seen Primal Fear and Doro, play to a crowd of less than 100 on a weekend night at Jaxx. That you guys managed to bring a crowd on a Wednesday is a feat because this is an area where most money-making show-going folks are government workers and have to get up at 5AM.. (Again, I apologize for not making it. D: )

Or maybe the bands are just better than Doro... :lol: ;) Oh wait, now I am being captn. obvious. :lol::lol:

Pat, really? :lol: I KNOW that attendance at a show on a Wednesday can not be the defining factor for any band. But people don't know some of the shit our bands went through with AM last night. So don't tell me the obvious and try to make it like I don't know what I'm talking about, that's it. It was nothing but a dig at AM.

My friend, who's more into the whole Tool / Opeth kind of stuff, went to this show cuz I told her she might like russel allen. I didn't expect her to like any of the other bands because she hasn't really been into that kind of stuff before, but she spent like an hour telling me how awesome the concert was. As I expected, she loved AM and thus convinced me to hit up the san francisco date (I didn't know if they'd be good but I guess I was wrong). She also gave high praise for the other bands saying she was glad she didn't come late and skip them.

Just thought I'd share the compliments since she doesn't post on forums or anything herself.

My friend, who's more into the whole Tool / Opeth kind of stuff, went to this show cuz I told her she might like russel allen. I didn't expect her to like any of the other bands because she hasn't really been into that kind of stuff before, but she spent like an hour telling me how awesome the concert was. As I expected, she loved AM and thus convinced me to hit up the san francisco date (I didn't know if they'd be good but I guess I was wrong). She also gave high praise for the other bands saying she was glad she didn't come late and skip them.

Just thought I'd share the compliments since she doesn't post on forums or anything herself.

Tell your friend we really appreciate her nice comments. The bands know that if they walk away with one extra fan per night, the mission is accomplished. :)