What band that has not play PP would you like to see

Ehh no. I specifically said "one of the sub genres of metal" - I didn't talk about the pop music scene or the alternative rock music scene.

Sorry, I didn't mean literally in the same genre as Green Day.
I just used GD as an example of an underground band where it was a no-brainer when DOOKIE was being recorded that it was going to be a break-through album.

As I said, fair enough. Others have provided enough info to assure me this band is getting a buzz. I inquired as I never personally heard of the band.

You made some pretty bold statements.

Book them for PP 2012!

Go ahead and structure mine since it was requested:

Tier 1:
Demons & Wizards
Ayreon
Frameshift (questionable headlinerness)

Tier 2:
Age of Nemesis
Tomorrow's Eve
Myrath
Scar Symmetry (don't really know as though they fit, but if other people say so, then so do I)
Twilightning reunion
7days (I was beginning to think I might be their only fan)

Tier 3:
Dynahead
Cloakwheel (provided they write more than their extremely short album)
Serenity
Silent Call

Here's my list. If there's one thing people will notice, it's that I've included a number of instrumental guitarists. I don't see why a festival that is starting to get recognized for stepping outside of the traditional prog and power box can't add at least one instrumental artist or band to the bill.

1st tier:
James LaBrie
Masterplan

2nd tier:
Anubis Gate
Cain's Offering (especially if they include Sonata Arctica and Stratovarius tunes into the set)
Chastain
Marty Friedman
Lana Lane
Tony MacAlpine
Tony Martin (perhaps 1st tier with the inclusion of Sabbath tunes in the set?)
Mekong Delta
Metallium
Axel Rudi Pell

3rd tier:
Alkemyst
George Bellas
Blotted Science
Brave
Consortium Project (perhaps 2nd tier?)
Falconer
Vitalij Kuprij
Leviathan (newly reformed!)
Lydian Sea
Alex Masi
Mindwarp Chamber
Sun Caged
Lars Eric Mattsson

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

Some other awesome bands I'd love to see:

Annihilator (Performaning Kraf Dinner)
King Diamond
Bal-Sagoth
Wintersun

Ok, my list wasn't very long so I will tier it to appease the bossman :D

Dethklok - Tier 1 (Especially if they do the full show, which I guess they'd have to :heh:)
Riot - Tier 1
Blue Murder (reunion?) - Tier 1 or 2
Racer X - Tier 2
Chastain (with Leather) - Tier 2 or 3
Triosphere Tier 3

Okay, I'll re-edit mine and add a few.

.....You may find yourself in a World of Tiers.....
--Hawkwind :)

Tier 1

Star One (or Ayreon if we're feeling particularly silly today or if I ever win the lottery :))
Rhapsody of Fire
Demons and Wizards
Opeth (once were considered by Glenn; maybe a special show or something)

Tier 2

Devin Townsend Project (since Devy's changed the name since he played PP last :heh: )
Scar Symmetry
Equilibrium
Ihsahn
Korpiklaani
Eluveitie
Green Carnation (special "playing all of Lod,LoD in its entirety" reunion show :))

Tier 3

Scale the Summit
The Universe Divide (i.e., Canvas Solaris)

First Tier:
Sentenced reunion

Miika Tenkula has passed away... I'm one of the biggest Sentenced fanboys out there, but this is one of the dreams that people just gotta give up on. Not saying anything to you personally; I've just seen this idea mentioned a couple times in the last few years and it bugs me.

Anyway, first 10 ideas that pop into my head:

Tier 1:
Demons and Wizards
Ihsahn
Nevermore
Agalloch
Devin Townsend Project (I'm with pellaz, the name change counts!)

Tier 2 & 3 (because, honestly, I have only the vaguest ideas of what bands are bigger a bigger deal than others):
Morgana Lefay
Korpilaani
Virgin Black
Cynic
Alestorm

I'm going to go ahead and say it: a King Diamond/Mercyful Fate set would be an instant headliner and sell tickets. Fuck yes. Especially if it was a 'special' exclusive show.

I will add to this: If it's James LaBrie or Jeff Scott Soto or some other vocalist set for headliner, I'll likely walk. Don't care. Don't give a shit about JSS, don't really care for LaBrie without Dream Theater. I mean Labrie's solo material is decent, but I don't want to see it headlining fucking ProgPower. The problem is, if it was LaBrie solo, he would likely demand Headliner money...do not want.

I love Agalloch; I would love to see them at ProgPower; they are a 2nd tier band and not a headliner even though a headlining set would be their best bet to play all the songs I'd want to hear them play. Still, if they headlined or played in any capacity, I would beg to be a sponsor.

TRANSLATION: I can't read, so what was originally posted in the first post of this thread means nothing to me. Thus, I make up my own rules as I go.

Thanks, as always, for your support.
Some of us don't pour over all of the posts.
When I follow "the rules" or "the guidelines" of the first poster I am sure you will provide praise :lol:

Just so that Claus feels better:
(and lets keep it organized group them by Tiers: 1st being headliner of 5th slot, 2nd being 4th or 3rd slot, 3rd tier being 2nd or 1st slot)

First Tier:
Within Temptation
Pretty Maids

Second Tier
Anubis Gate (Kinda surprised not mentioned earlier?)
Psychotic Waltz/Dead Soul Tribe

Third Tier
Revamp
Darkwater
Chromeshift
Prototype
The Agonist (only because I saw them play with Epica...omg the lead singer is hotttt)
7Days
Tadeshi Goto
Aeon Zen
Icycore

Whew now I feel better too! Thanks, Claus!

First Tier:
Allen/Lande
Devin Townsend Project
Ihsahn
Rhapsody of Fire
Star One

Second Tier:
Barren Earth (almost put them at third tier, but I've seen a lot of buzz for them & they have an opening slot on the coming Finnish Metal tour, so)
Dark Moor
Falconer
Primordial (out of place, perhaps, but it'd be SO AWESOME and I really wanna see them again :cry:)
ReVamp
Scar Symmetry
Stream of Passion

Third Tier:
Ancient Bards
Eternal Tears of Sorrow (perhaps they'd be second tier, but they have no U.S. label + they'd be quite an oddball...)
Giant Squid
Grayceon
Hammers of Misfortune
Madder Mortem
Sons of Seasons
Subterranean Masquerade
To-Mera

Within Temptation and Andre Matos/Symphonia (new cd..? Anything with Matos lol) and or X-Japan headlining (new cd coming out), Galneryus, Aquaria, Darkmoor, Rhapsody (...of Fire...), Twilightning reunion show, Sirenia, Heavenly, Amaranthe, King Diamond (don't know if he'll be well enough yet), Masterplan, Sarah Brightman (joke).

The boat for Tesseract being a 3rd tier band has sailed long ago...
Once their full length gets released they immediately will be popular enough to turn down whatever offer Glenn throws their way for 3rd tier spots

Hope your right, so when is the new full length album coming out, i haven't seen anything, anywhere about it. Just read that they signed with Century Media

1st tier - Armored Saint - Yes maybe an "oldschool" band, but one of the great powermetal bands ever.
James Labrie - Who wouldn't like to hear some of the mighty DT at PPUSA ?
Pretty Maids - Another oldie but goodie

2nd tier - Astral Doors - Great singer and twin guitar attack. Sounds like accept meets Dio.
Sun Caged - One of the best prog metal bands that hasn't played
PPUSA
Mindflow - cool moody progmetal

3rd tier - Panic Cell - I couldn't decide whether to put these guys under
2nd tier, 3rd tier or oddball. Kick-ass band though.
Jacob's Dream - fairly straight forward powermetal, but goodstuff.
Singer reminds me a bit of Tate.
Flashback of Anger - Another outstanding axe-slinger from Italy.
Nice prog-metal band.

oddball - Havok - If you like technical bands, this technical thrash band is as
precise as a Swiss watch. awesome musicianship.
Subsignal - though not as good to me as Sieges Even, this band
featuers the former vocalist and guitarist.
Doro - Traditional metal from my favorite female metal vocalist.

Last edited by a moderator: