Who would you like to see at the Showcase this year

GoRillaBoy76

you can call me RRrrr!!
Aug 22, 2008
(Ok someone had to start a thread like this)

I am pretty sure that Shane already knows (and has/is talking to) who he is trying to book, but who would you like to see?

Myself I would love to see Sun Caged and/or Venturia (Great Band, Check them out)

Who would you like to see? I will post a longer list when the Vikings and Saints are not playing

All the bands on my 'who would you like to see at progpower list' that aren't at progpower.

I am not that into Falconer, good stuff just does not really hit me. However, I would not be suprised if they are there, it seems every year there is always hype about having them.

I dont know about the repeaters it seems like there is kind of a new blood theme this year. but as for as repeater I would love to see Sabatan, Freak Kitchen, and Primal Fear (there set last year was one of the best shows i have ever seen.)

My Dream choices would be:

Freak Kitchen
Myrath
Narnia
Edgend

My reality choices:

Freak Kitchen
Borealis
Prototype
Artizan

you know I was thinking Narnia too! they have been around for awhile and their new album just rocks. I would like to see them.

I would absolutely love to see Devin Townsend on the showcase.

Aside from that I would have to say any of the following bands would be great as far as I'm concerned:

Therion
Artizan
Borealis
Almah
Cynic
Kiuas
Cloudscape
Winterborn
Cage
Antithesis
Empyrios

I dont know about the repeaters it seems like there is kind of a new blood theme this year. but as for as repeater I would love to see Sabatan, Freak Kitchen, and Primal Fear (there set last year was one of the best shows i have ever seen.)

Actually, the "new blood theme" for PP itself might be a VERY good reason to book a returning band or two for the Showcase.

Amorphis
Brainstorm
The Devin Townsend Project
Whomever Shane deems fit to cast.

Shit, that would rule. It would also be too expensive, I suspect, for the Showcase. Replace Brainstorm with Sabaton and you have an even bigger crowd.

I would absolutely love to see Devin Townsend on the showcase.

Me, too, since his Atlanta performance two weeks ago had a lot of issues. He soldiered through but I suspect it was more of a "grinning through tears" situation.

Aside from that I would have to say any of the following bands would be great as far as I'm concerned:

Therion

You had me at Therion, but it would be virtually impossible at this point.

This, too. They could finally play "Veil of Maya" here since they had to scrap it two weeks ago.

Alkemyst, Masterplan, Cage and Winterborn would all be nice.

the rest of my list now

the big 2 Sun Caged, Venturia

Adagio
Allen-Lande (dreaming big i know)
Axenstar
Beautiful Sin
Cain's Offering (I dont even know if they are doing shows but i would love to see them)
Crystal Eyes
Delta
Dionysus
Freedom Call
Killing Touch
Leverage
Narnia
Saint Deamon
S.U.E

WOW. My list is NOTHING like anyone elses. If you look back since it's inception the Showcase has always done three things, 1) invited back a band that kicked our ass the previous year or so, 2) Showcased some of the best unsigned (by the bigger lables) bands and 3) had a big name or two.

Last year it goes without saying that Sabaton destroyed the place but since Glenn has plans for them as a future headliner I doubt we'll see them back this year. So if not Sabaton, I'd vote for Royal Hunt, Savage Circus, Vision Divine or Saint Deamon. As for #2 I'd suggest Miles Beyond and Six Minute Century. I really think both are long overdue for playing the Showcase.

Other bands I'd like to see include Gotthard (I can dream!), I would give ANYTHING to see Unisonic (Michael Kiske's new band), Axel Rudi Pell, Cain's Offering, Angel Dust, Cornerstone, Mob Rules, Alex Beyrodt's Voodoo Circle, Out Loud, Revamp (Floor Jansen's new band), Masterplan or ARK.

WOW. My list is NOTHING like anyone elses. If you look back since it's inception the Showcase has always done three things, 1) invited back a band that kicked our ass the previous year or so, 2) Showcased some of the best unsigned (by the bigger lables) bands and 3) had a big name or two.

I agree, and my post suggested bands for the first two points. As for the third point... I don't usually care for the big-name bands that everyone drools over on this board, so I left it out. Whatever makes the masses happy is fine by me.