Why does Metal Blade the label suck so bad?

dargormudshark said:
That is the case with alot of record companies, in the case of bigger bands. Can you imagine how many Deep Purple best of's there are that they are unaware of.

There might have been something more, I forgot. I think he was pissed off about it, though.

dargormudshark said:
That is the case with alot of record companies, in the case of bigger bands. Can you imagine how many Deep Purple best of's there are that they are unaware of.

LOL- I'm a HUGE DP fan... I'm sure if you count the Euro/South Amer. releases, DP has more gretest hits and live collections than studio albums. Great observation on your part-

Creeps said:
Have to disagree on this last part, they've had some great bands prior to CC and GWAH.

How about... umm Slayer for one? hehehe I'm not being rude, but that's a big one to overlook. Here's som others;

Armored Saint, Lizzy Borden, Fates Warning, Trouble, Flotsam & Jetsam, Candlemass, Helstar, Sacred Reich, Mercyful Fate, King Diamond, Riot, Spock's Beard, BRAINSTORM, Galactic Cowboys.

Those are just some that I've seen people mention here on this forum.

*** LOST CLASSIC!! Look for a recent re-issue (different label) of Attacker's debut 'Battle At Helms Deep'. Released on Metal Blade in '85-ish, they cite the label's dedication to throwing all the available cash at Slayer as the reason they got no promotion on this amazing debut. One followup released with a different singer, then they disappeared until just a couple years ago.

The debut sounds like a perfect blend of OLD Savatage and Mercyful Fate/Kind Diamond. If you dig those bands, find this CD!

metal71 said:
LOL- I'm a HUGE DP fan... I'm sure if you count the Euro/South Amer. releases, DP has more gretest hits and live collections than studio albums. Great observation on your part-

They prorbably have more live albums then they even know about, it's not just them, I bet there are alot of bands that have crap loads of best of's that they won't know about.