You know you want to see Seven Kingdoms live! Here are your chances!!!

AngraRULES

Aug 1, 2002
Visit site
RUAFlyer1-6-13web.jpg

DOROfeb1web.jpg

queensrychemarch2bandweb.jpg

* January 6th is a FREE SHOW - get tickets from the bands

** February 1 - find tickets here: http://enterthevault.com/moreInfo.php?id=5788

*** March 15th - find tickets here: https://www.fanfueled.com/event/ticketsiframe?eventid=3979

Doro at the Brass Mug. How insulting.

I have never heard of her drawing more than 100 (and I am actually being very kind)

I have always wondered why she continues to do headlining runs in the States playing to very small crowds. I am surprised she never co-headlines with another touring band.

I think Doro is the type of artist that most metal fans respect, but unfortunately not a ton are die hard fans of where they run out to see. This is where I personally fit in. I really dig Warlock and some select Doro tunes but whenever she comes to town, it simply is never a "must see" gig.

Sorry, not trying to dis Doro, as I do like her a lot.
Though we always talk about realistic drawing potential of bands on this forum so I felt it fair game to speak on this.

Anyhow, back on topic, some great opportunities for Seven Kingdoms in 2013.

Good luck to Camden and the rest of the band.

Do QR have a full 2013 tour already booked?

I have never heard of her drawing more than 100 (and I am actually being very kind)

I have always wondered why she continues to do headlining runs in the States playing to very small crowds. I am surprised she never co-headlines with another touring band.

I think Doro is the type of artist that most metal fans respect, but unfortunately not a ton are die hard fans of where they run out to see. This is where I personally fit in. I really dig Warlock and some select Doro tunes but whenever she comes to town, it simply is never a "must see" gig.

Sorry, not trying to dis Doro, as I do like her a lot.
Though we always talk about realistic drawing potential of bands on this forum so I felt it fair game to speak on this.

Anyhow, back on topic, some great opportunities for Seven Kingdoms in 2013.

Good luck to Camden and the rest of the band.

Do QR have a full 2013 tour already booked?

You're not wrong regarding the size of Doro's audiences here, but in this area at least those 100 or so fans ARE the die-hards, many of whom have travelled hours to see her show. It's rarely the usual locals.

For me, if Doro is playing anywhere remotely accessible, it's a must-go show.

I didn't realize she had such a small draw here. Still, I assumed the Brass Mug was a shithole, and thought she was at least on par to sell at least 250 tickets a show.

Doro at the Brass Mug. How insulting.

LOL Whodathunk? Same for Sabaton, breh

The show is on a Friday, I still think the linup as a whole will bring in at least 100, but not very much more - the mug is against doing any form of hard presale ticket sales.

The last show Seven Kingdoms did drew more people on their own than at least 2, 3 average Doro US shows combined...

Still amazing to see how people are just not that interested... not that I personally am, but still...

The last show Seven Kingdoms did drew more people on their own than at least 2, 3 average Doro US shows combined...

Still amazing to see how people are just not that interested... not that I personally am, but still...

That is true - then again I spent waaaay more promotional time than say what 2-3 of her shows combined get promotionaly LOL

I do wonder why she never tours with say a bigger act over here though....You would think a headliner doesn't like playing the mug? lol

Wow, I couldnt read anything past "250 for Doro" LOL............

I love me some Doro too, but she simply is not a draw. Just a fact man.....

Just like 250 people SHOULD attend a Manilla Road show in the US.
It doesn't happen so they go to Greece to play for over 1,000.

I am just surprised Doro continues to come.
She is certainly trying, so kudos to her....

I know this thread isn't completely about this, so I'll wait to make that comment until I say something on topic: congrats to Seven Kingdoms on that tour with Stratovarius. Really really cool to get that. Enjoy yourselves!

But to address the conversation about national/international metal bands getting a poor draw vs local bands getting a good draw, I got to meet Sammy Duet from Goatwhore last night. He's a big hero of mine since I'm such a big Acid Bath fan. But I told him that I hadn't seen Goatwhore since they toured with Celtic Frost back in 2006 and played a shithole called Jesters Pub in Fayetteville, NC. That show MAYBE drew 50 people...for CELTIC FUCKING FROST. Sammy agreed that that was a travesty, but then went on to tell me that they arrived in NC a day early that stop and went to Jesters the night before their show, where a local metal band was playing with nobody else really. He said the place was fucking packed.

And I've seen that happen before too. Sonata Arctica in Atlanta was fucking packed that headlining tour they did for Reckoning Night. But it wasn't packed with SA fans, it was droves of younger folks there to see local highschool metalcore band Dark Asylum (who were young, but also pretty generic and shitty). The point is, it still made for good ticket sales...and I guess those bands are vital because even the most classic of metal bands sometimes can't manage to get a good turnout just on their own.

Surprised at the mention of the Mug from people not from the area. As mentioned above it did move recently, and I heard still a shithole. Still can't be worse than the last one.