You know you want to see Seven Kingdoms live! Here are your chances!!!

Wow, I couldnt read anything past "250 for Doro" LOL............

I love me some Doro too, but she simply is not a draw. Just a fact man.....

Actually, from what I remember from the last time we played with her, it was a weeknight and Jaxx was packed! I think it might have been a Tuesday??

I'm hoping it happens again, especially since we've got to open for her on the $&*%ing SUPERBOWL. You wanna talk about miracle ticket sales?? XD If we, Doro and Sister Sin can bring people out on the Superbowl, there is hope!

(Please note, this was 2 years ago so I might be imagining things, PLUS that tour only had 3-4 US dates.. but unless I was super drunk and my brain is being crazy, I do recall that the show sold well and that the venue was full of people.)

EDIT: I -swear- I'm not crazy.. lol I went looking for some video footage of her last show at Jaxx, but couldn't find anything that would show much of the audience. Curses!

Well, Ill be taking a picture from the stage to let everyone know how it does! Lets start taking hard cash bets now!

Actually, from what I remember from the last time we played with her, it was a weeknight and Jaxx was packed! I think it might have been a Tuesday??

I'm hoping it happens again, especially since we've got to open for her on the $&*%ing SUPERBOWL. You wanna talk about miracle ticket sales?? XD If we, Doro and Sister Sin can bring people out on the Superbowl, there is hope!

(Please note, this was 2 years ago so I might be imagining things, PLUS that tour only had 3-4 US dates.. but unless I was super drunk and my brain is being crazy, I do recall that the show sold well and that the venue was full of people.)

EDIT: I -swear- I'm not crazy.. lol I went looking for some video footage of her last show at Jaxx, but couldn't find anything that would show much of the audience. Curses!

I was at that show. I don't recall more than 100-150 in attendance, but I could be mistaken. I didn't realize the Empire show was on Super Bowl Sunday, but that won't keep me away.

I actually wonder how many DORO fans are football fans in general? I know id rather be at the concert!

well just because someone listens to metal doesnt mean they cant like sports.

A few years back DRI played on Superbowl sunday and it was a sold out show. I think it really depends on the band and the line up as a whole. There are lots of bands that I was interested in seeing live but then the line up was not good so I didnt feel the need to rush out and see the show.

well just because someone listens to metal doesnt mean they cant like sports.

This is very true. There have been a few shows I've been at where a friend and I would watch the hockey game on his phone in between sets.

Luckily, Empire has a nice new TV in the back bar. I'm hoping they'll just open that and turn it to the game so guys can go in and out if they desire. Of course I'd prefer they stay and watch all the shows, but bodies are bodies! Why not enjoy a show AND catch the game? :)

This is very true. There have been a few shows I've been at where a friend and I would watch the hockey game on his phone in between sets.

Luckily, Empire has a nice new TV in the back bar. I'm hoping they'll just open that and turn it to the game so guys can go in and out if they desire. Of course I'd prefer they stay and watch all the shows, but bodies are bodies! Why not enjoy a show AND catch the game? :)

exactly....even advertise that the game will be on because that could detour people from going. If they know they can still watch it there they would possibly consider going.

Wasn't trying to bash the sports thing, was just curious moreso on what the actual figure is.. I have never seen very many people leave a concert to catch the score... Besides Matt Smith that is haha!

but yes, Nina, maybe you guys can somehow spin a superbowl celebration there? promise booze and BBQ?

Actually, advertise that the game will be shown at the bar or something.

@ Nailz - Calm down man..... Seriously? You took what I said personally? It didn't matter who said it.
It was about Doro's draw. I agree that she SHOULD draw more. Many bands SHOULD but don't.

@ Justin - You could be right. Maybe they do live in the states, which could be why she is touring here more.

Heck, I saw Candlemass perform for barely 100 people.
Yeah, most here would say who gives a crap, but for those into doom, this is an EXTREME travesty.

it is great to see younger bands getting the chance to get out there and play in front of larger crowds and get exposure.

WHAT???????????????????????????????????
You complain about EVERY young band that opens for a national.
WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT DID YOU DO WITH MY BOBBY BOO???????

The reverse is also kind of funny. Bands like Fiver Finger Death Punch and Lamb Of God who play to like 5,000-10,000 people a night in the US play to only a couple hundred in Europe (well, not counting major festivals of course).

That's just how it is sometimes. Even if Doro lives here now, she spent the majority of her life focusing her business and her shows in the mainland and that's why she's a sensation in those countries. When these musicians get in their 40s and 50s and they make their livings off of their music, entering new markets really has to be a break-even thing at best, or otherwise it's not worth losing livelihood over.

Saw Candlemass open for Mercyful Fate I believe, years ago. Perhaps in NYC? Can't recall where. Great show from both of them. Like Doro as well and would like to see her live sometime finally. Awesome gigs for you guys in Seventh Kingdom. Big congrats on that.