Bands you've tried, but just can't dig

I forgot, I don't like Epica either. Every time I try listening to them all I can seriously think of is Zach's review of The Divine Conspiracy. "Just because you have a set of tits on stage doesn't make you any good." Haha:lol:

Yes, but it doesn't hurt! And can make a bad show, barely tolerable...if the A/C is cranked.:lol:

Meshuggah is one that I have tried many times over the years and just could not get into it. I get the things that people are talking about (OMG polyrhythms), but there just doesn't seem to be enough there for me to enjoy it.

Oh, and to stay on topic, here's a few that have been mentioned that i agree with, and a few others:

-Nevermore - I'm just over them. i actually used to love them, now I'm done.
-Epica
-New Nightwish (This is a lie... i never tried to get into the new stuff. Still love Oceanborn though... best of this genre)
-Fates Warning
-Enslaved (FUCK THIS BAND!!! I DON'T NEED TO "CHECK OUT THEIR OLDER STUFF"!!! FUUUUUCK THEM!)
-Pretty much anything with blast beats. Again, i'm over it... a few bands have used them sparingly and effectively, but they're such a crutch these days to be "br00tal" and shit. Come up with an interesting beat jackass, then I'll listen to your album.

Oh, and to stay on topic, here's a few that have been mentioned that i agree with, and a few others:

-Nevermore - I'm just over them. i actually used to love them, now I'm done.
-Epica
-New Nightwish (This is a lie... i never tried to get into the new stuff. Still love Oceanborn though... best of this genre)
-Fates Warning
-Enslaved (FUCK THIS BAND!!! I DON'T NEED TO "CHECK OUT THEIR OLDER STUFF"!!! FUUUUUCK THEM!)
-Pretty much anything with blast beats. Again, i'm over it... a few bands have used them sparingly and effectively, but they're such a crutch these days to be "br00tal" and shit. Come up with an interesting beat jackass, then I'll listen to your album.

Thank you for bringing out the boring, old and overused "blast beat"...save it for hardcore...it instantly puts a song in the shitter for me. It's just annoying already!

Nightingale
Black Sabbath
Necrophagist

blast beats are for children

:lol:

If they're used tastefully I'm all for it. If there is nothing but blasting on the other hand, or it's used excessively I'll take issue with it.

I heard a bunch of people say that Isa kicks ass, so I checked it out and it didn't do anything for me. I might check out their older stuff though...but they way you put it made me lol. :lol:

I used to hate blast beats until I got into the old blackmetal stuff, but now every new death/black/hardcore/whatever band that comes out just crams the blast beats into their songs.

Adagio rules, if you like Symphony X you will love Adagio.

I can't get into Freak Kitchen.

Also Evergrey and Dragonforce. Dragonforce is okay in small doses :lol: