2008 Iron Maiden Tour Merchandise

I'm sorry if this post may upset some people on this thread. I am appalled that anyone would knowingly spend $35 and up for a concert t-shirt!!!!!! yes I will be going to the Iron Maiden show here in Chicago but damn!!!!!!!!!!!!! I guess some people have a lot of disposable income. Why not give it to a better source? Like charity? I'm sorry if this comes off as brash because it is not intended to. Its just all very confusing. With the price of gas, food, and of course beer aint cheap at the shows either. At least if you buy music it will be something that will last forever. Remember its just a piece of cloth that you are wearing to advertise a band that you saw already.

I'm sorry if this post may upset some people on this thread. I am appalled that anyone would knowingly spend $35 and up for a concert t-shirt!!!!!! yes I will be going to the Iron Maiden show here in Chicago but damn!!!!!!!!!!!!! I guess some people have a lot of disposable income. Why not give it to a better source? Like charity? I'm sorry if this comes off as brash because it is not intended to. Its just all very confusing. With the price of gas, food, and of course beer aint cheap at the shows either. At least if you buy music it will be something that will last forever. Remember its just a piece of cloth that you are wearing to advertise a band that you saw already.

I currently don't have tons(if any) disposable income for $35 concert shirts. But honestly The Q, why should you care how others spend their money? Perhaps your ProgPower sponsorship money should be given to charity instead.

I currently don't have tons(if any) disposable income for $35 concert shirts. But honestly The Q, why should you care how others spend their money? Perhaps your ProgPower sponsorship money should be given to charity instead.

It was only an opinion. Thats why I was careful to say that twice in my post. I believe putting up money to bring bands into a festival plus the "perks" that go along with it are MUCH MORE feasable than a $40 piece of cloth. Sorry!!!!! My sponsorship brings me two days of pure joy, fun, etc. I don't care how others spend their money, sheesh with all the rebate checks and the money being given to everyone in the next month I say go for it. There are just way better ways to do things. My Progpower sponsorship, to me, is an investment. Something that can't wear out, like a shirt. Thats it Rockyracoon, headlock at Progpower for ya! LOL

It was only an opinion. Thats why I was careful to say that twice in my post. I believe putting up money to bring bands into a festival plus the "perks" that go along with it are MUCH MORE feasable than a $40 piece of cloth. Sorry!!!!! My sponsorship brings me two days of pure joy, fun, etc. I don't care how others spend their money, sheesh with all the rebate checks and the money being given to everyone in the next month I say go for it. There are just way better ways to do things. My Progpower sponsorship, to me, is an investment. Something that can't wear out, like a shirt. Thats it Rockyracoon, headlock at Progpower for ya! LOL

Just giving you a hard time, Q. I've grown accustomed to knowing "what you really mean" in most of your posts.:lol:

Are you even planning on attending the Chicago show?

Edit: And strange Batavian's, ay? Maybe we're all communists. There's far worse suburbs to live in, though.

My Progpower sponsorship, to me, is an investment. Something that can't wear out, like a shirt. Thats

Your direct experience only lasts for two days, and then you just have memories and maybe the opportunity to be a future sponsor. It's over quick.

If I bought a shirt and it was ruined in two days, I'd be pissed. But the concert shirts I buy last for several years before I wear them out, since I don't wear them often. A $35 piece of clothing that lasts for a 3-5 years is worth it to me, compared to $40 khakis that I have to replace after 6-8 months due to frequent use as work clothes.

Your direct experience only lasts for two days, and then you just have memories and maybe the opportunity to be a future sponsor. It's over quick.

If I bought a shirt and it was ruined in two days, I'd be pissed. But the concert shirts I buy last for several years before I wear them out, since I don't wear them often. A $35 piece of clothing that lasts for a 3-5 years is worth it to me, compared to $40 khakis that I have to replace after 6-8 months due to frequent use as work clothes.

Thats cool

I was hoping maybe Chicago last minute would get ANTHRAX, as they are pretty much a local band these days.

Well, just like last time with Bullet for my Valentine, plenty of time for beer and people watching in the lobby.
Anthrax would rule, but so would BFMV. Lauren Harris would be fun to watch and hear live, no doubt.:kickass:

Thats cool

As long as the individual spender can justify what they are spending money on, it's all cool. I have no problem with the sponsorts for various regional festivals like ProgPower, even though I probably would never plink down that kind of money for a concert.

As long as the individual spender can justify what they are spending money on, it's all cool. I have no problem with the sponsorts for various regional festivals like ProgPower, even though I probably would never plink down that kind of money for a concert.
I plunked down $25 each for shirts by Into Eternity and Epica when I caught their show in ATL. Money well spent.:headbang:

Plus, as the "Q" mentions about food & beer, they last a couple of hours so I hope the shirt will outlast those disposable items as expensive as they are at the show. You can have a shirt for $35 or food & 3 beers for the same.

I'm going w/the cloth.

Plus, as the "Q" mentions about food & beer, they last a couple of hours so I hope the shirt will outlast those disposable items as expensive as they are at the show. You can have a shirt for $35 or food & 3 beers for the same.

I'm going w/the cloth.
Quite often I choose the alcohol over the shirts, but not at the last Symphony X show, for some reason.:headbang:

review coming soon here's some Friday night pics from LA. People were telling Pabs and I we made it on the big screen sat. night, never saw was too busy on the rail having the f%$#ing time of my life!!!!:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

and Q I bought 5 tour shirts and a scarf for me and my hubby. after all :worship:MAIDEN is PRICELESS!!!

password is aleister13 enjoy!
http://s229.photobucket.com/albums/ee75/kittybeastconcerts/IMSBITIRVINE/

Cool pics! Thanks for sharing! Pabla make it through the gig ok? :D

oh yeah! she was featured regularly on the screen during Anthrax's set. Wicked time had by all!! :kickass: I just back from the day spa, full body scrub and massage, followed by the jacuzzi and steamroom. ahhhhh much better now!

Just a lil FYI for those of you that are going to buy those Maiden shows at future gigs! This is from the Official Iron Maiden Fan Club Forum:

I maybe just bitching a little but the material for the shirts this tour suck!!!!!
I paid 80.00 for two shirts. I got home and washed (cold) them and they already turning into crap! I held them up to the light and you can see though them.

Just pissess me off that you spend good money for a shirt and they use cheap ass material!

Kitty....sorry we didn't get a chance to hook up and exchange hellos :(

.....show was flat out amazing, although asking me what I thought of any Maiden show isn't exactly fair cause they are the greatest band on the planet afterall!!

I passed on the tour shirt this time - on a budget. I saw the "LA Palm Tree" shirt on e-bay....some yahoo was hocking it for over $100 bucks. Sick.