Iron Maiden tees

I saw them at Twickenham last time around and didnt buy the 'rugby' design eddie shirt because it was £25 or something - I regret that now!
Speaking of regret, I saw Maiden last night in Detroit (awesome show BTW), and I got the tour shirt with the Final Frontier cover art...but in hindsight I wish I had grabbed the one with Eddie planting a US flag. If anyone has that shirt in XL and wants to sell or trade, let me know.

have this one (XL)
MaidenAlien.jpg

want this one (XL)
MaidenUSA.jpg

Sorry, I know to each their own but $35 for a t-shirt at a show??? I don't care what band it is that price is not worth it. Just try some will power and buy one somewhere after the show. Thats just plain greedy and ridiculous. And just because the venue charges them to charge you X to buy does not mean you have to.

Sorry, I know to each their own but $35 for a t-shirt at a show??? I don't care what band it is that price is not worth it. Just try some will power and buy one somewhere after the show. Thats just plain greedy and ridiculous. And just because the venue charges them to charge you X to buy does not mean you have to.

Yea, because it's totally reasonable for them to sell their shirts at regular, smaller venue prices, and gross 2 bucks a shirt. :Smug:

LOL OK. This is just going to go around and around anyway. If you want to go out and buy a t-shirt that costs less than $5 to make and spend $35 on it then be my guest. My argument here is that is not your only option. Why not join the IM fan club like I did and get the shirts for WAY cheaper? It just disgusts me how people are like drones sometimes thinking they have to buy something because it's there. You don't, it's your choice, and if you do, fine. But I don't have to agree.

LOL OK. This is just going to go around and around anyway. If you want to go out and buy a t-shirt that costs less than $5 to make and spend $35 on it then be my guest. My argument here is that is not your only option. Why not join the IM fan club like I did and get the shirts for WAY cheaper? It just disgusts me how people are like drones sometimes thinking they have to buy something because it's there. You don't, it's your choice, and if you do, fine. But I don't have to agree.

You find me a company that makes quality shirts with the number of colors that Maiden uses on a typical shirt for under 5 dollars and I'll shut up. You also have to take into effect they are having to pay their people to sell merch, on top of the percentage that the venue charges them. All of that combined probably costs them around 50% of each shirt, on top of the money it costs to transport all of their merch. So, take off 50-60% of each shirt and that leaves you with approximately 15-17 dollars per shirt that is grossed, before you even take into account what they cost to get made. Let's assume that is anywhere between 8-12 dollars per shirt. There isn't much room to wiggle that price around.

This seems to have struck a cord with you for some reason. It's just a shirt, dude. You don't want to pay them at the show, cool, but if people want to do it they want to do it. Also, to be honest the shirts aren't THAT much cheaper on their site when you add in the shipping.

You find me a company that makes quality shirts with the number of colors that Maiden uses on a typical shirt for under 5 dollars and I'll shut up. You also have to take into effect they are having to pay their people to sell merch, on top of the percentage that the venue charges them. All of that combined probably costs them around 50% of each shirt, on top of the money it costs to transport all of their merch. So, take off 50-60% of each shirt and that leaves you with approximately 15-17 dollars per shirt that is grossed, before you even take into account what they cost to get made. Let's assume that is anywhere between 8-12 dollars per shirt. There isn't much room to wiggle that price around.

Wow. One of the smartest things you've ever said on here. :yow:

This seems to have struck a cord with you for some reason. It's just a shirt, dude. You don't want to pay them at the show, cool, but if people want to do it they want to do it. Also, to be honest the shirts aren't THAT much cheaper on their site when you add in the shipping.

Wow. One of the smartest things you've ever said on here. :yow:

Forget it I'm done. Not worth typing

I think you guys are giving Savage here too hard of a time.
He said it's about choice, which is right.
I think Maiden has AMAZING shirts.
They will ALWAYS be a top 10 of all time bands for me.
Still, I would never pay $35 for a shirt.
It is quite insane to be brutally honest.

I know business very well, and of course understand a lot of people get paid before Maiden sees a dime off of the shirt. Still though, at the quantities that Maiden prints up of each t-shirt, I doubt they are paying 8 to 12 bucks for a shirt! I of course don't know for sure, but would be surprised.

I think you guys are giving Savage here too hard of a time.
He said it's about choice, which is right.
I think Maiden has AMAZING shirts.
They will ALWAYS be a top 10 of all time bands for me.
Still, I would never pay $35 for a shirt.
It is quite insane to be brutally honest.

I know business very well, and of course understand a lot of people get paid before Maiden sees a dime off of the shirt. Still though, at the quantities that Maiden prints up of each t-shirt, I doubt they are paying 8 to 12 bucks for a shirt! I of course don't know for sure, but would be surprised.

I honestly have no problem with what Savage said and just like you, I have no issues with people who do not want to pay $35 for those shirts and would rather find Maiden shirts elsewhere for cheaper. Totally understandable. I just found it interesting to the level he was pissed about it. Maybe that didn't come off. The thing is, you go to shows at any of the big venues, whether they're ampitheaters, arenas or even some theaters they all tend to be that much. Nothing new. It would be interesting though to find out exactly how much the venue retains for the sales.

This shirt, which I was able to locate and buy for my son from somebody in England, was unfortunately not for sale....

You find me a company that makes quality shirts with the number of colors that Maiden uses on a typical shirt for under 5 dollars and I'll shut up.

Probably most of them do if you factor in how many Maiden buys in the first place...I'm sure they probably shell out around $5 per shirt...

Probably most of them do if you factor in how many Maiden buys in the first place...I'm sure they probably shell out around $5 per shirt...

THIS.
Maiden has to print up at least 100,000 (if not more) of each shirt.
I would not be surprised if they cost $5
(of course there are other factors like shipping, venue cut, etc).

What I wanna know is their per unit cost on those $125 soccer jerseys!