2008 Iron Maiden Tour Merchandise

Nope just a couple of dishonest guys and one guy thats trying to make them see that what they're doing is dishonest. Well, I'm done with this discussion. I could talk and talk until I'm blue in the face. And you guys can say what you want about life being unfair to you and if an opportunity comes up I'll take the money but nothing I say seems to make you look at what you did as dishonest. No its not like taking money out of a cashbox but its just the same because you noticed it. How hard would it honestly be to turn around and walk back to return it? Thats not how I live my life. I'm not better than anyone else either, far from it. I just thought it was really strange in your initial reply that you would actually admit to it. Did you ever think of the flip side? Like the guy doing inventory and counting the money? Having to possibly reach into his own pocket and come up with the difference? Those vendor people work for very little money. I know because I did that years ago. Lets just drop this OK?

I would have come back in ten minutes and bought another shirt. Hey, two bitching Maiden shirts for basically ten bucks? Hell yea!

Plus a free drink (they're eight bucks here at the Verizon in San Antonio) and moving on up closer to the stage. Jesus man, did you pick up Elisha Cuthbert in the parking lot on the way home too? hahah

I am not backing down from anything. I read your reply many times and understand what you did.

Really? Wow... I'm kinda flattered... I didn't think what I wrote was worthy of *many* readings. Thanks!

When you take everything into account what you did was wrong plain and simple.

Maybe. But in your many readings of my post, did you see me claiming anywhere that it was right?

Like it or not. Does that make me perfect? Hell No!!!!! And yes right and wrong seems to go from person to person these days.

These days? As opposed to what days when this wasn't the case?

Unfortunately what our society deems right and wrong rarely transcends from society to the individual person.

What exactly is it that "our society" deems right and wrong? While you are entitled to your opinions, it doesn't seem to me as if you have anywhere near enough support to claim that your opinion represents a societal norm.

This is the way I have always felt. There are a few times in my life that I am not proud of. But it is those times that have helped shape my moral beliefs to the person I am today.

Ok. I can accept that experiences in your life have helped make you the person you are today. Maybe you did something in the past that caused you to be wracked with guilt, and made you act differently in the future. But the experiences I've had have resulted in my being screwed over far too many times for me to lose any sleep over not returning some extra change that was handed to me, that I didn't realize until 5 minutes later.

My question is this, Why do you think I am backing down from something merely because I replied that I stand by my comment? Thats kind of strange don't you think?

If I thought it was strange, I wouldn't have said it. What I thought was strange was that, for some reason, you appeared to be taking a decisive moral stance, but then suddenly seemed to be writing it off as being merely an opinion. If you're passing moral judgement on me, I suppose that's fine, but you can't try to deflect criticism of your comments by saying it's merely an opinion.

And furthermore I would never back down from something I firmly believe in. You can ask anyone that knows me.

Your earlier post made it seem like you were backing off on it, by casting it as merely an opinion. If you're saying you're not, I guess I'll accept that, because I have no evidence to the contrary, and it would be a fruitless argument even if I did.

Nope just a couple of dishonest guys and one guy thats trying to make them see that what they're doing is dishonest.

I'm 2 people?

Well, I'm done with this discussion. I could talk and talk until I'm blue in the face. And you guys can say what you want about life being unfair to you and if an opportunity comes up I'll take the money but nothing I say seems to make you look at what you did as dishonest.

Yes, I don't look at it as "dishonest". Dishonest would be if the guy came up and asked me if he gave me the wrong change and I said no. However, I will agree that it wasn't the most morally upstanding thing to do, and if you remember, I already stated that in my earlier post. So in a sense you're arguing to convince me of something I already agreed with. But you want me to feel bad about it and perhaps act differently in the future... but considering I already said that I am a cynical asshole, how likely do you think that is?

Beyond that, this basically devolves into an argument about semantics, over the definition of "dishonest", and that argument hardly seems worthwhile.

No its not like taking money out of a cashbox but its just the same because you noticed it.

It's not like it, but it's just the same? Sorry man, I'm having trouble understanding that one.

How hard would it honestly be to turn around and walk back to return it?

I don't recall ever saying it would be too hard.

Thats not how I live my life.

Ok. I have no problem with that. You have to live your life the way you see fit. I never suggested that you would be wrong for returning the extra money.

I'm not better than anyone else either, far from it.

That doesn't make sense... if you would do what you consider the honest or morally correct thing, doesn't that by definition make you better, at least in that instance, than someone who doesn't? Everything you're saying here makes the implication that you think you're better than me, but then you're trying not to appear arrogant by just coming out and saying it. Just have the balls to say it, man. I mean, hey, I'd probably even agree.

I just thought it was really strange in your initial reply that you would actually admit to it.

I don't think there's anything strange about it. Why wouldn't I admit it? I mean, the majority of people would have done the same thing, so it's not like it was some bizarre, unheard-of thing. Also, if you didn't expect me to admit to it, why did you ask to begin with?

Did you ever think of the flip side? Like the guy doing inventory and counting the money? Having to possibly reach into his own pocket and come up with the difference? Those vendor people work for very little money. I know because I did that years ago.

I'm the sort of person who tends to overthink things in general, often for little reason. So yes, I did consider many ramifications, including from the perspective of having worked as a cashier myself years ago.

Lets just drop this OK?

Well, I'm not sure what you hoped to achieve by bringing this up to begin with. Actually I thought it was sort of strange that someone would call me out over what I'd consider a very minor point in my post. So, ok, if you want to drop it, that's fine with me.

Maybe we can look at it this way... we may not agree about whether to return extra change, but at least we both dig Iron Savior!

I would have come back in ten minutes and bought another shirt. Hey, two bitching Maiden shirts for basically ten bucks? Hell yea!

Plus a free drink (they're eight bucks here at the Verizon in San Antonio) and moving on up closer to the stage. Jesus man, did you pick up Elisha Cuthbert in the parking lot on the way home too? hahah

Heh... if I hooked up with Elisha Cuthbert, I wouldn't be out of bed long enough to be posting on a message board! :Smokin:

ok, lets say i go look at the new Yngwie Ferrari. The dealer says it's a million dollars (and a doughnut) BUT when i go back to get the Yngwie mobile there is a new salesman, who doesnt give a shit about Yngwie. He sells the car for..oh nevermind...