29 frets

Find a Keebler lumberjack elf and a robot from the future to cut down and assemble it for you.

"I use this purple and yellow swirl guitar for upper fretboard work, when I need to do some high harmonies or just have better access to higher frets (namely "Squeakie", "To Counter" and "Mosquito"). I took the neck off of a short scale bass, threw on a new fingerboard, and cut enough slots for 29 frets. I also had to fill in the 4 holes at the headstock, and redrill 6 smaller holes for the machine heads." -Ron, from http://www.ronjarzombek.com/purp.html

Ron...your next guitar must have binary fret markers!

3 = 00011
5 = 00101
7 = 00111
9 = 01001
12 = 01100
15 = 01111
17 = 10001
19 = 10011
21 = 10101
24 = 11000

Then, the paint job can have source code all over it and numbers written in hexidecimal format and shit. It's the nerd's ultimate shred machine!

omg, I couldn't resist. :D

bin_dots.jpg

Wow, those binary fret markers are VERY cool! Carvin said NO??! Why the hell not??

Someone asked about how to get a 29 fret guitar neck? Yep, it was a short scale bass neck that I had to refingerboard, then refret. Originally, the neck had 31 frets, but I chopped off the last 1/4" or so because it interfered with my picking. On my doubleneck, the top neck was a Peavey 22 fret neck, that I converted into a 24 fret neck with extra... uhhh... hhhmmm, I'd tell you guys but someone on this forum said that whatever "bonus" footage I included in the upcoming DVDs was going to be useless filler material, so I guess I can't go into any of that, because it's on the "building of the doubleneck" footage. Damn...

The swirl paint job footage is "bonus" footage as well, but oh well...

Ron

P.S. JK

ronjarz said:
Wow, those binary fret markers are VERY cool! Carvin said NO??! Why the hell not??

Because I'm not Tony MacAlpine, that's why. :Smug:

I'm trying to see if a local Minneapolis luthier can do it. Would probably just use 5 or 6 mm diameter black and white MOP dots to do it.

The other thing I though was to put block white MOP inlays on, and inside each block, etch out the 1's and 0's in black. But that would be really hard to see unless you're up way close.