ANATHEMA: Weather Systems

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
From http://www.bravewords.com/news/177202 :

"Liverpool, England-based atmospheric rockers ANATHEMA will return in April with Weather Systems, their brand new studio album. Weather Systems is the follow-up to 2010’s We're Here Because We're Here, which has been featured prominently in numerous end-of-year polls and the producer, Steven Wilson (PORCUPINE TREE), has described it as ''definitely among the best albums I’ve ever had the pleasure to work on.''

The bar for Weather Systems has been set pretty high, but Daniel Cavanagh from the band is certain that the album will exceed these lofty expectations, stating, "It feels like we are at a creative peak right now, and this album reflects that. Everything from the production to the writing to the performances are a step up from our last album."

He continues, "This is not background music for parties. The music is written to deeply move the listener, to uplift or take the listener to the coldest depths of the soul."

The intertwining melodic structures of these profoundly beautiful songs are intensely powerful, yet simple. These are songs that will transport the listener closer to the heart of life, that is to say, to the heart of themselves. It is also an album of polarity. The play of opposites; light and shade, birth and death, love and fear. The simple truths of life and loss, hope and strength and darker internal themes are all explored here. "

Weather Systems will be available on The End Records on April 24th. The album artwork can be seen below:

418229_10150563693363629_125049763628_8966795_1989182629_n.jpg

And just recently, I was listening to their A Natural Disaster album that I got off of eMusic awhile back, which I really enjoy quite a bit. For the longest time, I've not heard anything from these guys, only to see them put out We're Here Because We're Here album just a year or so ago. Now, this is really cool to see they are coming out with an even newer one.

And just recently, I was listening to their A Natural Disaster album that I got off of eMusic awhile back, which I really enjoy quite a bit. For the longest time, I've not heard anything from these guys, only to see them put out We're Here Because We're Here album just a year or so ago. Now, this is really cool to see they are coming out with an even newer one.

Did you know that they put out an album with orchestral re-recordings of their old doom/death material last year, too? It's called Falling Deeper, and it's really quite beautiful.

I think their new material is really good, but their old material is still my favorite. Do they do any of that stuff live? If I ever got to see them, I'd love to hear something from Silent Enigma or Alternative 4.

This new track is excellent... They always strike such an emotional chord with their music.

Wow, this is just getting ridiculous now. This album is going to be fucking incredible

So, it doesn't just have the prettiest artwork of the year so far, it also has the absolute best music!?!? Incredible. I've listened to 3 songs of the new album and it's already in my top 3 of the year so far. How ridiculous is that?!?!

This is one of my most looked-forward-to releases of 2012.