Bands who can't pull it off live...

I listened extremely careful to Spiral Architect's set and I am as critical as they come, especially on drummers, and from what I heard Spiral Architect nailed everything, especially Asgeir and Lars, and they were the most humble guys too.

My roommate ran lights for their show and was extremely impressed with them. I don't recall them not being able to nail their stuff, although to be sure, they'd be an acquired taste for many of PPUSA's regular attendees.

"fervently declare"?? Heh heh... wow.

Blind Guardian's performance at PP3 was a letdown. I had huge HUGE expectations for them, especially after following Edguy and their brilliant performance. Hansi stood still with his hair covering half his face like an emo kid, and this was before "emo kid" was coined! Marcus and Andre were shredding their fingers off, and then Hansi standing still like a space cadet. Nothing compare to Edguy just a few minutes before them that night. Ugh. I just saw Edguy here in Detroit a couple weeks ago and they were still right on the money and Tobi was screamin' his metal midget ass right off. For a final performance of their American tour, they were sharp as razors.

Blind Guardian sucked ass when they came to Harpo's here in Detroit. Hansi grunted his way through most of the setlist like Nathan Explosion. He didn't hit a single note higher pitched than a burp. And the Through the Looking Glass dvd? Nothing spectacular there. Quite sluggish as well.

Man... I remember watching the Shaaman Ritualive DVD, and then two weeks later Operation Livecrime's DVD, thinking to myself, "two greatest performances ever captured on film." Even Iced Earth's DVD was spectacular for their performance on crappy TV cameras. And then I think about how many shows I've seen this year and how crappy many of them have been in comparison to some of the glorious highlights I've been blessed to witness. Like Dream Theater and Queensryche together on stage and Labrie and Tate just slaying the crowd that night with awesomeness. And then seeing QR come back to town for the Operation Livecrime tour two years later and suckin' up a storm. Ugh.

Blind Guardian... I won't bother to see them again.
Into Eternity... the only time I enjoyed their live performance was the first time seeing Stu with them here in a rathole dive in Detroit.
Virgin Steele... less cheese, more talent, please.
Black Dahlia Murder... still the worst performance I've seen.
Black Label Society... Zakk should stick with Ozzy. He's NOT a solo act.
Rob Zombie... still haven't heard him huff and puff through an exhausted Thunder Kiss '65 without missing half the words.

They most certainly don't suck live. People must be deaf and blind because every time I have seen them (once when they all had the flu, and once when they only had one guitarist) they were incredibly tight and fun. You want a sloppy band? Children Of Bodom.
INTO ETERNITY has THE WORST live sound I've ever had the displeasure of hearing. I love the band, but something needs to done about their live sound. I've seen COB many times and they're always tight. No need to bash another band because someone doesn't agree with you.

INTO ETERNITY has THE WORST live sound I've ever had the displeasure of hearing. I love the band, but something needs to done about their live sound. I've seen COB many times and they're always tight. No need to bash another band because someone doesn't agree with you.

You apparently haven't listened to Stockholm Knockout(or whatever its called, their latest DVD). lol

When I saw black dahlia murder at ozzfest a couple years ago they sounded exactly like the cd, even better actually. The drummer nailed every single beat and the guitarists nailed every solo, and every scream and growl was more than perfect(and all this at 9 in the morning). Of course soilwork and arch enemy kicked their asses, but that is because they are arch enemy and soilwork. Rob Zombie was the worst performance at ozzfest other than drowning pool with the new singer from Soil, god they were amazingly sloppy and horrible, and jada pinkett smiths band, she was awful(the band was actual tight though). Mudvayne also kicked all kinds of ass, and of course so did in flames.

I've seen COB many times and they're always tight. No need to bash another band because someone doesn't agree with you.
Ironically...

I love Into Eternity on disc.

I think Into Eternity sucks live.

I couldn't be less interested in Children of Bodom, on disc or otherwise. In their current incarnation, their sound is generic MeloDeath, bordering on Mallcore.

I've seen Children of Bodom twice, simply because they were playing with bands I wanted to see. Their live sound and musicianship was superb on both occasions.

Zod

You apparently haven't listened to Stockholm Knockout(or whatever its called, their latest DVD). lol

*cringe* I love Bodom, they're my favorite band - and I will watch the DVD for entertainment purposes. But, he does definitely make quite a few screwups (More than any time I've seen them, actually).

And I can barely listen to the CD. The sound quality on the CD is horrible, especially at higher volumes.

I've seen Children of Bodom twice, simply because they were playing with bands I wanted to see. Their live sound and musicianship was superb on both occasions.

Zod

But they totally phone it in. The first time I had seen them, many many years ago, they were the most energetic band I'd ever seen on stage...it was totally wild.

Now they move like corpses.

Ironically...

I love Into Eternity on disc.

I think Into Eternity sucks live.

I couldn't be less interested in Children of Bodom, on disc or otherwise. In their current incarnation, their sound is generic MeloDeath, bordering on Mallcore.

Zod
Oh stop it Captain Contrarian...er, I mean General Zod. LOL!