Best Bands Of All Time

Mustang

The Edge
Sep 15, 2006
Tremont, IL
www.eternity-x.com
I was just wondering what bands everyone thinks are the best of all time? Here's my top ten.

1. Eternity X
2. Bon Jovi
3. Skid Row
4. Savatage
5. Alter Bridge
6. Dream Theater
7. Lynard Skynard
8. Journey
9. Megadeth
10. Iron Madien

Give me a break, Eternity X has no business being mentioned in the same breath as Iron Maiden or Megadeth.

Look at the guy's sig.
It is obviously a shameless plug.
Give me a break. I don't care if you are in the damn band.
There is no way that even this guy thinks deep down that they are one of the TOP TEN greatest bands of all time. :lol:

If you want to get into festivals, the best thing to do is to contact the promoter directly. Most promoters have contact information on their site. Also to send them the albums. Privately > public pushing of your own band on a festivals forum.

I do believe I got him for the same thing over at the PP forum. Damn this guy just doesnt give up. I wonder how many forums he does this too. Poor forums dont deserve this kind of treatment, LOL.

I am more stunned that he has Bon Jovi and Skid Row mentioned as a best band.
While neither would make my Top 50 list, both are pretty solid. Skid Row's first two discs are top notch, and Bas' vocals are superb. I also must confess to being a big fan of Bon Jovi's first four CDs (especially 7800). Hey, I grew up in New Jersey during the 80s... sue me.:loco:

Zod

While neither would make my Top 50 list, both are pretty solid. Skid Row's first two discs are top notch, and Bas' vocals are superb. I also must confess to being a big fan of Bon Jovi's first four CDs (especially 7800). Hey, I grew up in New Jersey during the 80s... sue me.:loco:

Zod

As the Iron Shiek used to say, "Ahh fooey!!"
BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN (80's) > BON JOVI (80's)

Zod

you are a brave man to confess that. I have a deep hatred for the Hard Rock and Glam era stuff. Where I grew up it was a hard line for poser metal and real metal. I guess that philosophy still sticks with me. Even when I was into punk/hardcore in the late 80's early 90's I was really against sell out bands. I still unfortunatly never grown out of my hatred for 80's hard rock. It would take a long time to even explain the history. I still remember in highschool some guys who were into thrash/death metal were giving me shit because I had short hair....funny part was after they were bugging me and trying to see if I was a "poser", they realized that I knew way more than they did and even listened to more underground stuff than they even knew..it was funny. They still pushed me around though. oh well.

Seriously though Diabolik, Skid Row's "Slave to the Grind" is more metal than 80's hard rock. Excellent album.
Slave to the Grind is a killer disc. It's not a lightweight disc by any means. Their followup Subhuman Race was very heavy, although not all that good. WIth Bas they were one of the rare bands that got heavier with each release.

The Bon Jovi stuff on the other hand is lightweight, and comes off as pretty laughable to me today. It's along the lines of Poison laughable.

Britt

I have a deep hatred for the Hard Rock and Glam era stuff. Where I grew up it was a hard line for poser metal and real metal. I guess that philosophy still sticks with me. Even when I was into punk/hardcore in the late 80's early 90's I was really against sell out bands.
Part of the issue may be that your perception of these bands is a bit off. Bon Jovi never really changed their sound, so it's hard to say they "sold out". To me, "selling out" is about watering down your sound to appeal to a broader audience, in an attempt to increase record sales. Bon Jovi's sound never really changed.

As for Skid Row, as Dark One and DarkTide correctly pointed out, their sound grew more aggressive with success. Not exactly a sell out move.

It sounds like where you grew up, folks were a little too concerned with what everyone else thought. I guess that's fairly natural when you're younger. The folks I hung with, had no problem going from 7800 to "Ride the Lightning". As far as we were concerned, it was all Metal. I never really got too caught up in defining what Metal was and what it wasn't.

BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN (80's) > BON JOVI (80's)
I can't stand Springsteen.

The Bon Jovi stuff on the other hand is lightweight, and comes off as pretty laughable to me today. It's along the lines of Poison laughable.
There's most certainly stuff I enjoyed back in the day, that I can't even listen to with a straight face. However, Bon Jovi isn't one of those bands for me.

Zod

I was never a fan of the 80's glam, esp since I was into thrash and hardcore for the most part during this period.

I do appreciate select Poison and Skid Row tracks, esp more of the ballad ones. I think the reason I appreciate some Poison is because they are the most KISS-influenced out of the bunch! :lol:

For some reason, a lot of Prog Metal fans blow loads over the 80's glam stuff (Which I never really viewed as being an influence on Prog metal, but so be it).