Best tour packages...

A couple of older ones I didn't see mentioned:

1988 Monsters of Rock: Kingdom Come (bleah), Dokken, Metallica, Scorpions and Van Halen (very cool concert seen in the now demolished JFK Stadium in Philly, but IIRC VH took almost two hours to come to the stage. After all day in the sun, that just sucked).

1990 (ish) Metal Church (with Mike Howe), Motorhead, and Alice Cooper (I know someone else was a part of this tour, but can't recall.

1988 - Hair band glory days - Twisted Sister with Great White and TNT. Tony Harnell was amazing.

Already mentioned, but :

1987 or 88 Headbanger's Ball Tour: Anthrax, Exodus and Helloween

Steve in Philly

Lullacry/Nostradameus/Heavenly/Freedom Call/Edguy - France '01

A friend and I followed them around and saw the show 3 times in Lyon, Paris and Lille. My friend followed them up to London and saw it again (with Gamma Ray) while I headed back to Paris to be a tourist.

Good fucking God. That is (minus Nostradamues) a DREAM line-up for me!!!!:loco:

I know its current and all, but I really enjoyed seeing Dream Theater and Redemption together recently. Dream Theater and Symphony X in Europe will be even better!

The Mercyful Fate/Solitude Aeturnus tour in 1995 was a great combination... well attended as I recall which doesn't often happen for "true" tours...

Reverend Bizarre/Minotauri/Spiritus Mortis was not a lineup to sneeze at.

Here's one I missed and I've been kicking myself ever since: Napalm Death/Carcass/Cathedral/Brutal Truth... the American leg of the Campaign for Musical Destruction. I was under the control of the parental unit at the time and wasn't allowed to go. Fuckin' hell.

Dio/Yngwie/Doro was cool.

Some that come to mind:

Scorpions/Pat Travers/Sammy Hagar
Scorpions/Blackfoot/Ted Nugent
Def Leppard/Judas Priest
Motorhead/Ozzy
Iron Maiden/Judas Priest
Girlschool/Iron Maiden/Scorpions
Saxon/Molly Hatchet
Y&T/Dio
Helstar/W.A.S.P.
Saxon/Accept
Great White/Judas Priest
Dokken/Judas Priest
Loudness/TNT/Gary Moore/Y&T
Metallica/Ozzy
Y&T/Aerosmith
Yngwie/Dio
Fates Warning/Savatage
Dio/Deep Purple/Scorpions
Fates Warning/Dream Theater/Queensryche
Queensryche/Judas Priest

Dream Theater/Fates Warning/Queensryche

The only reason I'd say it WASN'T the perfect concert experience was that a thunderstorm rolled through right at the end of Fates Warning's set (it was an outdoor venue btw) and we had to stand out in the rain for 2 hours before QR could come on though. It was worth the wait:)