Chapman stick in metal bands?

Yngvai X

Dark Emperor
Jul 18, 2002
Woodland Park, NJ
www.myspace.com
Curious to see if anyone knows of any metal bands (particularly tech death or prog) that utilize a chapman stick player. The only one Im familiar with is Cynic. Prog rock (like King Crimson) doesn't count, metal bands only (and I already know Myung used one on one Dream Theater song).

For those going "huh?" this is a chapman stick: www.stick.com

Sean Malone still uses it quite often for his stuff in Gordian Knot (John Myung played it in a song for the the first album GK album), Trey Gunn uses a Warr Guitar wich is played in similar way as a Chapman Stick and I've heard some metal stuff from him, I dont know if the guys from Zero Hour or Spiral Architec use it... in fact, I think Spiral Architec have it for one song if I'm not mistaken, played by Sean Malone...

I dunno why touch style instruments are not used as often for metal... they sound sweet! and make up for some amazing musical ideas... but they are not easy to play, and the fit a certain sound that not all bands are looking to reproduce...

Curious to see if anyone knows of any metal bands (particularly tech death or prog) that utilize a chapman stick player. The only one Im familiar with is Cynic. Prog rock (like King Crimson) doesn't count, metal bands only (and I already know Myung used one on one Dream Theater song).

For those going "huh?" this is a chapman stick: www.stick.com - Stick Enterprises Inc.

Laundry's "Blacktongue" album had a Stick player (as did, I believe, Laundry's 2nd album)

I went to the Stick's website to see how much one costs, and at two grand easy, it's probably no wonder it's not in many bass/guitarists' arsenal.

That's a lot of change!

I believe Barend Tromp played some chapman stick on the Lemur Voice album 'Divided'. Cracker of an album too.