Cheers and Jeers Thread

Can't believe I forgot THIS ONE!

Cheer/Jeer:
- That crazy drunk dude on the left side towards the back during Pagan's Mind. If you watched PM from the seats you probably witnessed this guy and his comedy stylings. I was in tears laughing so hard at him the whole time. Please tell me somebody else got a kick out of watching this idiot.

- I later find out he was being a real asshole to people, some who I know, and for that he also gets a jeer.

Hmmm, that may have been me. I was dancing with people to Pagan's Mind. It was kind of an inside joke with a lot of friends for the festival. I knew I was being an idiot but didn't care. Glad you were amused... that was the intention :).

But I don't know how I was a real asshole to anybody. I have a dry sense of humor, so maybe I said something that came off wrong. The only thing I remember was my buddy singing during the setup for Freak Kitchen and upsetting some dude in front of us. I had a cheap saphire ring I gave to someone during the song "Saphire" by Redemption... that was probably kind of creepy in retrospect (but it was a cheap ring I got for free 7 years ago worth 10 bucks in a pawn shop lol).

Send me a private message w/ more details and I'll appologize. Personal attacks, I'll ignore... but if there is something I did wrong, I want to correct/ammend my behavior. Although, I really think you have the wrong person...

Peace,
Your Friendly neighborhood Michael

Gosh I feel kinda lucky - I got to hang out with some great guys last weekend - very nice and bought me n' my gals Angela and Amy free drinks - YEY for the good guys!! (I know ~ plural even!!!! More than one does exist!!!) :lol:

Sorry :erk:

Next year I'll stay outside and talk to myself.

:heh:

c.

I thought you were talking to yourself all weekend? But what was so funny was that you were answering yourself, how is your little friend doing? hehehehehehehehe

Claus your the man, and a great friend see ya soon.

I thought you were talking to yourself all weekend? But what was so funny was that you were answering yourself, how is your little friend doing? hehehehehehehehe

Haha, which one of them? My invisible friend or my Intromental-friend Martin? Both are pretty good, although my invisible friend tries to talk me into getting drunk and herassing women all the time, don't know what to do about him. :heh:

Claus your the man, and a great friend see ya soon.

You too John. Looking forward to seeing you in 2008. Say "hi" to your daughter, she's really cool !!!

c.

Haha, which one of them? My invisible friend or my Intromental-friend Martin? Both are pretty good, although my invisible friend tries to talk me into getting drunk and herassing women all the time, don't know what to do about him. :heh:

You too John. Looking forward to seeing you in 2008. Say "hi" to your daughter, she's really cool !!!

c.

Your invisible little friend hehehehhehehe. My daughter says HEY CLAUS MAN, she enjoyed meeting you also and chatting, and hopes to see ya in 2008 before PP if you know what i mean.:headbang::headbang::headbang:

I have only cheers for a great weekend. The bands were so impressive. I want give a cheer to Dave from Charleston, SC. Not only is he protecting our freedom by serving proudly in the United States Air Force, he made it a family affair. He brought his teenage son with him. Woot Woot!

It was great meeting you as well. I just got my tix for the Nov. Nightwish show. I'll look forward to seeing you there!

As for Cheers and Jeers, most have already been beaten into the ground, but here's my 2 cents:

Cheers:

-Glenn, Shane and the whole PP crew for consistently putting on an amazing festival year after year. We are so spoiled to be able to party like rock stars with bands most in the US will never get to see. You folks make it possible and for that you are gods among men.

-All of the bands that were hanging out and performing for being such cool, approachable people. Especially Jonny Mac, Lance, Christer, the Communic guys and Claudio for going out of your way to talk to my son Justin. He had the time of his life...

- Mattias IA Eklundh for being one of the coolest, funniest guys I've had the pleasure of meeting.

- Mike and Dave from Cellador for taking the time to talk to my 7 year old (possibly the biggest little Cellador fan in the world) on the phone. He's still bragging about it to anyone who will listen.

-Pagan's Mind and After Forever for proving me right and kicking much ass. Unfortunately Virgin Steele also proved me right. But I guess we can cheer them for being the most hilarious display of cheesy vocal ineptitude I have ever seen. (I know that statement prolly pissed someone off, but if opinions are like asshole, I just farted.)

-Singing my ass off to Cellador's Eagle Fly Free cover with an incredibly hot lady who's voice was far superior to my own.

-Corset night. Lot's of nice scenery.

Jeers:

-Tech problems during Celladors set. Them guys apparently forgot to sacrifice a goat to the equipment gods Thursday. I felt for them, but they handled it very professionally.

-That dude who kept shouting Healthy Man after every FK song. We all have our favorite songs that we want to hear, but Christ. I am pretty sure my left eardrum is screwed from you screaming in my ear all night.

-The DVD girl was not around Saturday night and the ATM was broken on Friday. My buddies didn't get a chance to order the DVD.

-The fact that the bar guys lost my food order 3 times over the weekend and it ended up taking 45 + minutes to get my food each time. I missed Redemptions first two songs because they accidentally gave my order to someone else.

Hmmm, that may have been me. I was dancing with people to Pagan's Mind. It was kind of an inside joke with a lot of friends for the festival. I knew I was being an idiot but didn't care. Glad you were amused... that was the intention :).

But I don't know how I was a real asshole to anybody. I have a dry sense of humor, so maybe I said something that came off wrong. The only thing I remember was my buddy singing during the setup for Freak Kitchen and upsetting some dude in front of us. I had a cheap saphire ring I gave to someone during the song "Saphire" by Redemption... that was probably kind of creepy in retrospect (but it was a cheap ring I got for free 7 years ago worth 10 bucks in a pawn shop lol).

Send me a private message w/ more details and I'll appologize. Personal attacks, I'll ignore... but if there is something I did wrong, I want to correct/ammend my behavior. Although, I really think you have the wrong person...

Peace,
Your Friendly neighborhood Michael

I think the guy actually posted on the forum about it being "him." He was about 6'3 with short black hair. Kept throwing the horns while making an X with his arms, among many other hilarious movements. The shitty comments were in regards to a friend mentioning how cool it was to see Freak Kitchen covering such a simple song(AC/DC.) Basically, the guy freaked out on them and wouldn't let it go.

I think the guy actually posted on the forum about it being "him." He was about 6'3 with short black hair. Kept throwing the horns while making an X with his arms, among many other hilarious movements. The shitty comments were in regards to a friend mentioning how cool it was to see Freak Kitchen covering such a simple song(AC/DC.) Basically, the guy freaked out on them and wouldn't let it go.

Okay, good. I tend to stumble around like Jack Sparrow and say crazy things after a few beers, but I don't usually do anything to offend anyone. Just wanted to make sure I was only the harmless kind of annoying :)

I was revving up the left side of the crowd during Pagan's Mind though. The music was so good, I think people didn't mind getting into with the headbanging, air guitar, dancing, and other sillyness. I'm surprised a mosh pit didn't errupt (fine by me, mosh pits just break jewelery and glasses and draw blood).

The Michael

Okay, good. I tend to stumble around like Jack Sparrow and say crazy things after a few beers, but I don't usually do anything to offend anyone. Just wanted to make sure I was only the harmless kind of annoying :)

I was revving up the left side of the crowd during Pagan's Mind though. The music was so good, I think people didn't mind getting into with the headbanging, air guitar, dancing, and other sillyness. I'm surprised a mosh pit didn't errupt (fine by me, mosh pits just break jewelery and glasses and draw blood).

The Michael

Yeah Michael I am pretty sure from the pics I have seen of you that you had long hair, which pretty much clinches that it wasnt you.

One Jeer here:
I have to put my 2 cents in here about ALL the bartenders upstairs:

They were the worst bartenders I've ever seen at PP. They were extremely slow and inexperienced and acted like they could care less if they waited on you or not. It took forever to get a beer, so I had to keep going downstairs to Vinyl, and I am a HUGE tipper and a BIG spender.

As a former bartender that worked in high volume establishments and had to work very fast-paced, I felt like I could have waited on three times the amount of people in the time it took them to serve me one beer. Hummmmmmmmmm..... maybe I should bartend next year.... but then I'd miss out on all the bands and hanging with my friends...

Anyway, with that said (had to finally b*tch about it), hopefully next year will be different.

That was just my experience, so please people don't start slamming me if you don't agree....

One Jeer here:
I have to put my 2 cents in here about ALL the bartenders upstairs:

They were the worst bartenders I've ever seen at PP. They were extremely slow and inexperienced and acted like they could care less if they waited on you or not. It took forever to get a beer, so I had to keep going downstairs to Vinyl, and I am a HUGE tipper and a BIG spender.

As a former bartender that worked in high volume establishments and had to work very fast-paced, I felt like I could have waited on three times the amount of people in the time it took them to serve me one beer. Hummmmmmmmmm..... maybe I should bartend next year.... but then I'd miss out on all the bands and hanging with my friends...

Anyway, with that said (had to finally b*tch about it), hopefully next year will be different.

That was just my experience, so please people don't start slamming me if you don't agree....

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAH we all know Kathy can throw down at a bar!!!!!!! =)

Hope you're feeling better and caught up at work....missed ya last night! TTYS....

Jeers:
- Virgin Steele. Dear god in heaven, what was that?!?

David is a legendary composer and vocalist, who, despite being 50-something was in WAY better physical shape than some kids half his age who were on stage that weekend. No paunch, no beer gut, no mullet, and NO FUCKING MAKEUP, EYELINER, OR MASCARA. Just true power metal from a man who will not compromise his vision. Like it or not, that is what it was. :heh:

I agree with ya a bit with the bartenders upstairs Kathy - except for the guy who manned the bar with the Asian girl; he was great...

But I asked the other bar upstairs for a water and the girl looked at me, pointed at the cooler at the end of the bar and said 'there ya go'... Ice and water in a bigger glass or hell even a bottled water (if they had it) would've gotten her a tip... WTF?? And the water in the cooler wasn't even cold...

It irritated me a little... So all the other drinks that I bought were also bought down at Vinyl - Jaime and Adam are always on top of things (at least that's been my experience with "The Twins" :) )