Cheers and Jeers Thread

And this arguing is why I'm glad both NY & Mass have no smoking laws for bars/clubs. Jeez.

I am just saying that the perceived danger is a lot less than the actual danger. I guess people could take that as an argument, but it would be like someone saying they were afraid of coming out on moonlit nights because they feared the moon falling on them.

If people really really hate the smell of cigarette smoke, they should just admit that they avoid places where it exists or where they KNOW it will exist no matter what "rules" are in place, because they hate the smell not because of health risks.

I have a perfect example: most of my friends love a local bar. Great people, great atmosphere, kickass bartender. After the first or second time I was there, I did my 15 minute drive home and my car smelled of smoke for a week--simply from seeping from my clothing into the seat. I stopped going there with them because of the incredible amount of smoking that goes on.

My choice--but it was not because of health concerns. I drink heavily and eat way too much junk food so my consumption health risks go far beyond breathing second hand smoke.

I am just saying that the perceived danger is a lot less than the actual danger. I guess people could take that as an argument, but it would be like someone saying they were afraid of coming out on moonlit nights because they feared the moon falling on them.

If people really really hate the smell of cigarette smoke, they should just admit that they avoid places where it exists or where they KNOW it will exist no matter what "rules" are in place, because they hate the smell not because of health risks.

I have a perfect example: most of my friends love a local bar. Great people, great atmosphere, kickass bartender. After the first or second time I was there, I did my 15 minute drive home and my car smelled of smoke for a week--simply from seeping from my clothing into the seat. I stopped going there with them because of the incredible amount of smoking that goes on.

My choice--but it was not because of health concerns. I drink heavily and eat way too much junk food so my consumption health risks go far beyond breathing second hand smoke.

There are health risks besides cancer. I developed a minor form of asthma because of second hand smoke while in college. I used to not mind people smoking around me but these days I can't handle it at all after living with a smoker for a year. Of course, that was from constant inhaling. But because of it, I really can't tolerate smoke and I don't mean attitude wise. I just can't be around smoke w/o coughing up a lung.

And this arguing is why I'm glad both NY & Mass have no smoking laws for bars/clubs. Jeez.

I sympathize with your asthma situation, but I find a lot wrong with banning smoking from private comercial establishments. It should be up to the owner of the club, not the state legislature whether he allows smoking or not.

That all said, I do not understand the benefit to smoking in 2007. A cigar every once in awhile, I can understand. But why people start lighting up a pack a day is beyond me. It doesn't bother me... I just feel bad for them.

The Michael

I think Glenn already has a pretty good project manager. Cares about the project (and the 'product'), has a pretty good head on his shoulders, is a good self-starter and works well with a team. His name? Glenn Harveston. :lol:

CHEER: To the guy who showed me the irovr website for the iPhone at the Wednesday night Oliva show. Thanks, killer! I had no idea about it before :)

3rded... ;p

Lounging outside after Sunday morning's breakfast, I felt like I had just gotten there - and I was packing to leave... Wrong just flat out wrong!!!