-Everyone who bought me a drink or food
-J-Man!
-Stair tapers
-Stage Crew
-The lights were much better this year.
-To all the new friends I met this year
-To all the old friends I reconnected with
-Sweet Mills video
-Cleaning staff at Res. Inn who were totally tolerant of us this year.

I am sure there are way more cheers that I have to add, but I haven't slept since I got up at 12 yesterday afternoon.

And not a lot of jeers this year for me but the few:
-Smoking inside (I admit to being part of the problem- feel free to kick me next time)
-Not having enough sleep, food or money
-Having the cops called on the Granada party-Although that was pretty metal
-Not getting a PP T-shirt
-No Vendors having/Bringing Gojira. The ONE CD I wanted.

I can't think of much else right now. So far, this has been my overall best year ever. I met and hung out with a ton of cool new people and got to hang out with my "old" friends as well. Just an all around good weekend... Thanks Glenn.

*Note before you jeer, see Glenn's thread on the "dancer" ;)

-MetalRose

Lots of Cheers
*All the bands brought it this year in my opinion. Some I didn't really end up caring for but they all brought energy, and were quite prepared.

Jeers
*Customs. Returned Vanden Plas
*Smoking indoors.
*Food closing 'early'... early meaning... the show still went on for a while but ya couldn't get any food after like 9pm!!

Cheers:
- Glenn's karaoke risk. Hope it worked out for him financially, cuz it was a fucking blast.
- Damian
- GB raffle, I finally won something cool.(2 Edenbridge CDs)
- Girls. A seemingly expanding demographic at PP. Love it.
- Side bar upstairs. Those 2(guy and girl) were the hot ticket if you wanted a real drink, and real quick.
- Getting to put faces with lots of you forumers who I hadn't met in previous years, or was too drunk to remember.
- $100 worth of China Buddha Sat. night.
- Macaluso/Mattias clinic. Those two should get their own fucking sitcom.

Jeers:
- Smoke, but not a really big deal.
- Once again, some swine for crop dusting the floor with nasty farts during Redemption. It was so bad, he/she very well may have required medical attention.
- Sonata setlist. Lacking that extra "something" that could have made their set stand up with the other headliners.
- Asian(for lack of better description) bartender upstairs. Nice girl. Awful bartender, for lots of reasons.
- No Freak Kitchen shirts. A full year to fix the glitch, cmon.

Cheers:
-Glenn and Cindy.
-The stair tapers again.
-All the bands... Well, most of the bands
-The crew.
-Much better spotlight placement.
-The sound mix. Regardless of who was doing it the mixes were the best of any other PPUSA I've been to, except for the Jam.

Jeers:
-Gold badge holders getting to enter only 20 mins before ticket holders, and not being allowed into the auditorium until ticket holders were already in the building on Saturday.
-Ticket scanner being broken on Friday, and the 18 minute delay it caused.
-Smoking inside. Being an occasional smoker, like at concerts, I think it's fair and considerate to go outside.
-PatrickHoyt (just because). :heh:

CHEERS
- To the bands and the fans for perservering through the technical problems, which no one seems to want to address. Could have been more disasterous, but due to the mostly positive attitudes it wasn't. Hats off.
- Freak Kitchen... 'nuff said!!!
- Pagan's Mind... INCREDIBLE and worth every penny of the festival. These guys left everything on the stage for us.
- Floor of AF and Scheepers of PF... they both were beyond superb (let the debate begin who was better).

JEERS
- Vanden Plas being sent home. Yes, shit happens. But that doesn't mean people don't have the right to vent or be upset about it happening w/out it unfairly being labelled as "bitching."
- Too many technical problems... I'm sorry, but guitars and keyboards going out... mics barely inaudible or not working at all. Bad mixes. I can think of maybe 2 bands that had no issues. This problem was perhaps at it's worst during the jam, with inaudible or completely dead mics, kind of defeated the whole purpose OF the jam. It just got real old by late Sat night.
- Sonata Arctica... talk about going through the motions, this was another stop on the tour to them and it showed. Too many new songs and nothing from their catalogue that served as a real PP treat.
- Damian... man, couldn't you at least have gotten a good looking dancer? Awkward. And to the Black Crowes?! What a joke you made of yourself.

Cheers:
Pagan's Mind, Sonata Arctica, Firewind, Redemption, Freak Kitchen, Threshold, After Forever (except for the cookie monster vox).
Nice venue (my first ProgPower)
Macaluso clinic
Matthias clinic (and his humor)

Jeers:
Vanden Plas cancellation
Sorry if this offends but some of the other bands were just terrible, Virgin Steele in particular
Cigarette smoke
Sound -->too loud at times which impacted instrument definition and the vocals. The bands that had their own sound man had better overall mixes than the ones who used the house engineer

Cheers:

To a very solid lineup
To Glenn for always trying to go the extra mile
To Henning Basse for showing why METALIUM should be booked and SOON!
To a very friendly group of musicians
To the SWEET F.A. shirt. If it hadn't been for that awesome PRETTY MAIDS 1990 European tour shirt (oh yeah, that was mine) that would have been the shirt of the fest.
To Max Lager's, Checkers and Fire of Brazil for some nice eats
To Primal Fear and Firewind for playing some balls-out manly metal. It's much appreciated here in the states!
To the fixed lights. They didn't blind me this year!

Jeers:
Will someone PLEASE take a fucking credit card?????
Will someone PLEASE have an ATM that works?
A little warm on Saturday night
Is Freak Kitchen religiously opposed to having Merch here? Ditto Virgin Steele.
bald guy with hot African girlfriend hang outs on the steps to bullshit. Move out of the fucking way, please.
To Pagan's Mind and Redemption back to back. That means no Sonata for Woosta on Friday! :(
To people who just won't move in an orderly fashion when browsing cds. Folks, there's no gold in there..just cds.
To Virgin Steele's setlist. Why won't you guys play "Through Blood and Fire" anymore? Damn.
To sound issues ruining the only Threshold song I really like, "Slipstream".

Hey Rockyracoon, that farter...were you on the righthand side when looking at the stage, by chance? I've got my eye on 1 motherfucker in particular who I think is throwing that flaming shit stench around the joint. We should talk.

Jeers:
Will someone PLEASE take a fucking credit card?????

Hey Rockyracoon, that farter...were you on the righthand side when looking at the stage, by chance? I've got my eye on 1 motherfucker in particular who I think is throwing that flaming shit stench around the joint. We should talk.

That ATM machine is a dinosaur.

And yes...I was about 5 or 6 rows back on the right side for Redemption. We definitely fell victim to the same filth.

Can't believe I forgot THIS ONE!

Cheer/Jeer:
- That crazy drunk dude on the left side towards the back during Pagan's Mind. If you watched PM from the seats you probably witnessed this guy and his comedy stylings. I was in tears laughing so hard at him the whole time. Please tell me somebody else got a kick out of watching this idiot.

- I later find out he was being a real asshole to people, some who I know, and for that he also gets a jeer.

-I have to agree with the dead and weak mics during the Jam. Every other set sounded fine to me.

at the moment these are the main ones that i can think of...

cheers:
- everyone i talked to for being approachable and cool, and making my first ever PPUSA an absolutely amazing experience.
- Freak Kitchen, Primal Fear, Firewind, Raintime, and Communic for putting on particularly awesome sets (roughly in that order, too)
- the jam being tons of fun (people are taking it way too seriously in that other thread, imo)

jeers:
- house sound guy making every band he mixed sound muddy
- Line 6 amp cutting out (although having the whole venue chanting "Fuck Line 6!" was awesome)

I wasn't there, but for progpowers past and probaby present

Cheer
-The stage crew, who despite the occasional problem, busts their balls to get shit done quickly.

Cheers:
To Glenn for letting me watch all of Communic and Threshold
To my crew brothers for their hugs after Saturday
To Raintime and Freak Kitchen for being awesome
To Noah (not sure if that's his name) for manning the van cam when was with me
To Threshold, you guys rock and I am very greatful for what you did
To Shane, for kindly replacing the signed drum head
To Su for having wonderful breasts to fondle.
To Redemption for making it worth being dragged out of bed.
To Center Stage for not having a massive dumpster blocking the loading dock.
To Drew for being my personal CD shopper.
And all the forum folk that I finally got to meet

Jeers:
To the Granada for making me sleep on a sheetless bed.
To the Granada for currently making me wait to find out if they have my CDs left in my room.
To Jorn for taking my drum head and throwing it elsewhere.
To having no place for alone time to decompress.
For this weekend not being long enough.
To my ability to not find the Peachtree Inn.

Can't believe I forgot THIS ONE!

Cheer/Jeer:
- That crazy drunk dude on the left side towards the back during Pagan's Mind. If you watched PM from the seats you probably witnessed this guy and his comedy stylings. I was in tears laughing so hard at him the whole time. Please tell me somebody else got a kick out of watching this idiot.

- I later find out he was being a real asshole to people, some who I know, and for that he also gets a jeer.

The really tall guy waving his hands in the air like he just don't care? Mr.s I can't dance but I'm gonna anyway? I saw him....hysterical.

JEERS...

Missing all the parties since I don't get a hotel room...
I always drive from an hour away. Much cheaper that way.

Freak Kitchen! No shirts! AGAIN! Somebody smack IA (gently) :heh:

CHEERS!
The guy I met just before Primal Fear's set... Mica. Thanks for the conversation!

Freak Kitchen for being so damn cool and being so friendly to everyone that talks to you (or the ones that are a bit shy to talk to you but want to give it a try anyway!)

Damian Wilson... from a woman's perspective.... you are just beautiful!

The vendors who did accept credit cards! (no diss to those that didn't)

The clinic was a great idea! Those guys are great for getting up that early the next day (at least what I call early)

The GB raffle! I got to participate this time since the ticket was attached to my badge. I always forgot about it in the past. Very cool to win something!

Glenn and his wife for going above and beyond for us on every level!

Though I'm not a PM fan, much appreciation and respect must go out for the effort of learning all those songs for the Jam.

Cheers:

- The music was awesome, especially Saturday night. Great lineup as always.

- Meeting great people who enjoy this music, including the bands just hanging outside on the sidewalk. See my related post on the Friday lunch at Front Page News.

- Finding out the bands for next year (10 of the 12 at least). Cool video and sound bites. (Someone really worked hard to do that! Is it posted anywhere?)

- Buying TONS of CDs. It was like a kid in a candy store. Yet again I spent around $250.

Jeers:

- The Damian incident.

- The All-Star Jam wasn't as fun as I thought it was going to be (though Pagan's Mind were very nice to help out).

- The sound SUCKED! What was wrong with the microphones all f'ing night long? Guitars and amps not working right. Sound mixes were horrible. The kicker was when Floor's microphone didn't work during the first rendition of "Final Countdown". I think this year had the most technical glitches of the three years that I've been going to PP.

- The camera policy wasn't enforced. Why have one when no one gave a shit about enforcing it? Lots of cameras were out there. Yeah, there were the professional photographers with their SLRs and the like, but there were tons of point-and-shoots.

- Smoking in the venue. If you want to smoke, please go outside on the sidewalk. Also - if you want to drink, don't spill it on the floor. That floor was a nasty sticky mess.

- The lights were much less annoying than last year, but at times they were still in my eyes.

- Going overtime again. Ending at 3 AM on Saturday is annoying. I would have been happy for the whole thing to end when After Forever was done with their set. Starting early is NOT a problem for me. Ending very late is. (Besides, we want to party afterwards!)

Cheers:

- Glenn and the crew. You guys are awesome, and bust your asses so the rest of us can be entertained. You cannot be thanked enough.
- All of the bands (but one) for coming out and kicking ass. One of the best weekends of music ever.
- The All-Star Jam. Goddamn amazing. You'll never see anything like this again, I would guess.
- Oliva on Wednesday night. One of the best shows I've ever seen.
- The clinics. Way cool way to spend a couple of hours on Friday. Both were very entertaining.
- The crowd. Still one of the best festival crowds ever.
- Conversations with random drunk people, usually folks I have never met before. One of these was especially entertaining.
- Seeing and talking to people that I pretty much only get to visit with once a year.
- Mary taking over 1000 pictures during the weekend. The ones I looked at so far are awesome.
- Ken Golden and his power to get me to buy "one more CD". I now have a giant box of musical entertainment to look forward to hearing.
- The stair tapers. Thanks! Kept me from killing myself all weekend.
- Next year's line up. So many good bands.
- Jax buying me a Guinness!

Jeers:

- The venue running out of food on Friday. Um, yeah, it's not like you know there will be a thousand people in the building all day or anything.
- The venue ATM machine. This thing has to be some sort of prank, right?
- People that are too cool for the room
- Smoking Inside
- Virgin Steele. Dear god in heaven, what was that?!? Tied with Secret Sphere as the worst band I've ever seen at PP.
- Mary taking over 1000 pictures this weekend, and we'll likely never get them online because we are both too busy with other things. She has thousands of photos since 2003, and we need to get organized and share them with folks.
- Not enough time to visit with all the people I'd like to.
- Random douchebaggery. Like the guy that walked up and punched me in the shoulder and then walked away on Saturday? What the fuck was that about?
- People that use their alcohol consumption as an excuse to be rude.

We had an awesome time, and are looking forward to next year.

dt

Jeers:

- The camera policy wasn't enforced. Why have one when no one gave a shit about enforcing it? Lots of cameras were out there. Yeah, there were the professional photographers with their SLRs and the like, but there were tons of point-and-shoots.

Film cameras were allowed - digital were not (I assume film = point and shoot to you?)

Film cameras were allowed - digital were not (I assume film = point and shoot to you?)

No, I mean DIGITAL cameras. Tons of them were in use. I don't mean cell phone cameras, I mean regular small digital cameras.

Point and shoot = non SLR camera. Very common, cheap digital cameras.

Heck, people told me that they brought in backpacks and no one inspected them. Again, why have a policy that's not enforced.