Circle II Circle/Circus Maximus/Manticora tour news (changes announced)

I know Glenn, Hoyt, Lars and all of Manticora did all that they could to keep this tour alive, and we all as a family should thank them for their dedication and effort. Intromental and anything these guys have a hand in will succeed but some things are out of the control of even the best. I for one fully believe this blip in the road will do nothing to hurt the long run and better things are on the horizon. Keep your head up guys you do awesome work for the scene and deserve no blame but only commendation.

Thanks to Hoyt and Glenn and Claus for all the work trying to get this tour done and to all the other promoters for having faith and who were willing to put their butts on the line. Maybe as a group we can work and get something together and make this tour a reality.

I am very sorry to hear this news, especially for Hoyt and Glenn. I know they have been working extremely hard on making this tour happen, even after CIIC pulled out. Looking forward to the next tour Intrometal puts out for the US.

From a business standpoint, Im sure everyone involved is pissed at the fact this tour has to cancel, especially with all the time and effort that went into it. From a fan standpoint, I really think a major euro support slot will benefit the band much better than playing for dozens of people in the biggest US markets. They just aren't Ready yet to be a US headliner.

Hopefully this doesnt affect glenns proclamation of CM being a Future PP Headliner.

Very similar to Nevermore at ProgPower a few years ago except Nevermore bailed on one show, CM is bailing on a two week tour.

What does this do to the booking of future Intromental North American tours? With the lineup changes and then the cancellation of this tour, will the promoters that are not active posters on this board be willing to book future tours?

Sorry to hear this news, guys!!!!! Things like this are very difficult and frustrating to deal with for promoters and booking agents. But knowing you two, Glenn & Hoyt, you won't let this stop you from putting on awesome shows in the future! Best wishes to you.. :headbang:

This is a real shame, but I guess I understand the logical thinking here. I hope to see both bands soon in the future, though I had been looking forward to celebrating my birthday two weeks early with Manticora in New England. It's understandable, though. Would have done the same thing. Thanks to everyone who tried to make this tour a reality anyways.

Oh great. It's bad enough that Glenn has to deal with stuff like this for the fest, but now as an Intromental promoter as well? We better be on our best behavior, so Glenn can worry about other things.

This is terrible news, indeed. And, I think, short-sighted on CM's part.

From a business perspective, a band from Europe could do a lot worse than crack the U.S. market on a tour. A successful tour of the U.S. could have meant a lot of money, more opportunities, and bigger, better tours in the future. A European band who has a successful tour of Europe, but doesn't make inroads in the U.S. on the tour circuit, remains pretty much a European band. Not to mention losing cred with promoters over here for pulling out. Yeah, I'd have to say CM made the wrong choice.

However, what I feel most badly about is what Glenn and Hoyt have gone through behind the scenes. I hope this debacle with the Circle II Circle/Manticora/Circus Maximus tour doesn't color all future plans for the U.S. Intromental group. If anyone can pull off a successful U.S. tour it's Glenn and Hoyt. Hang in there, guys!

Bill

This was fairly doomed when CIIC pulled out. Not to put much too much emphasis on CIIC, but a 3fer of roughly equal quality bands is a better appeal. The solid move would have been to replace CIIC with a band better if not at least equal in quality. Then at the point CM pulls out...it's still a 2 band gig with hopes of still adding another band. A US band if it's a have to.

This was fairly doomed when CIIC pulled out. Not to put much too much emphasis on CIIC, but a 3fer of roughly equal quality bands is a better appeal. The solid move would have been to replace CIIC with a band better if not at least equal in quality. Then at the point CM pulls out...it's still a 2 band gig with hopes of still adding another band. A US band if it's a have to.

It's easy to play Ms. Daisy from the backseat and critique/second-guess things without a care in the world. You do this without any knowledge of what goes on behind the scenes while acting as if you could do this job better than me. I normally pride myself on my thick skin. However, TODAY is not the day to fuck with me.

Ascension is gone for a month. I could give a squirrel's shit if he returns.

this is a real shame. just heard this news of the cancellation.
really hope Manticora can find a way to get here though with another tour.
any possibility for them to team with brainstorm after their new release? either way hope you guys can get something to, fall through soon, thanks for the effort regardless.