Circle II Circle/Circus Maximus/Manticora tour news (changes announced)

CHICAGO has been CONFIRMED!

Sunday, Mar 9th, 2008 @ Legends Music Cafe
701 W Lake St
Addison, IL 60101

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! Count on me + 2! Glad it's on a weekend.

Have you tried Melodic Revolution in Clinton, NY? That's the place MindFlow played. It's pretty far north, but the guys said it was a great venue with an awesome and hospitable staff. They cater to more prog rock but who knows, maybe they can host this show too! :headbang:
http://www.myspace.com/melodicrevolutionrecords

The Chance in Poughkeepsie would be a more likely travel destination for most of us New York area people. Clinton is far west and a bit north of Albany...making it about a 5 hour drive. For us spoiled city folk, that's a long drive. :D

Thanks for the push! Bavmorda would love to play that show, if at all possible. Three-fifths of the band worship Circus Maximus as it is, so that would be an absolute honor! If there's anybody with whom I can get in touch regarding that show, please send me a line through this forum or on MySpace.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Met-Al

if someone would kick the NYC venues asses into gear to where they would at least respond to me - 'yes', 'no', 'go to hell' - something would be better no response at all. I've been working on NYC longer than anything else besides Chicago, and they refuse to give me the time of day. So don't blame me if you're not getting answers fast enough. :Smug: Imagine how I feel sitting here waiting for a return call or a return email - anything.

For what it's worth, I finally have a promoter this past week who is trying locally in NYC to do what I've been stressing over for months now. And so far he's met with the same warm and fuzzy reception - dead silence.

:confused:
Ah, now I understand. I'll see what I can learn. Had no idea.

Not sure if the place is even open for business anymore but I know it is still standing with the sign out front because I pass by it all the time on the Garden State Parkway.... The Cricket Club in Irvington, NJ. It is 20 minutes outside of New York City, somewhat of a rough neighborhood but not as bad as being in the heart of Irvington as this venue is right off the parkway and has easy access to get right back on after the show north or south. The venue has three secure parking lots with gates and barbed wire. The venue inside is actually very nice and has great sound. I have seen some great packages play there over the past couple years including Seven Witches/Zandelle/Exit To Eternity, Black Dahlia Murder/Goatwhore/Cattle Decapitation/Watch Them Die, Exodus/Bile/Celldweller and a slew of others, Cannibal Corpse/Hypocrisy, and the Jersey March Metal Meltdowns in which bands like Overkill, Nile, Blaze, Sinner, Symphony X, Raven, Attacker, Testament, Obituary, Trivium, Vital Remains, Twisted Tower Dire, Fozzy and others have all played. With the exception of the Seven Witches show (which was Halloween night 2003 and Skid Row was playing the Eddie Trunk Party in NYC that same night) there has always been a very good turn out. I would look into it. I know their website is not up and running but even when I caught these shows their website was not working. Try looking into it the Cricket Club in Irvington, NJ.

Okay I am now officially looking for my local support band for the Houston show, I know who i would love, so I have my buddy Mike Martin doing some ground work to find the best we can get. Stay tuned for the answer.

Personally, I really liked the atmosphere of Sidelines Rocks Live. Is it also known as The Local now?

Starting mid-January, the venue will be changing it's name to the shorter and easier to remember 'The Local'.

The new booking agent there will be bringing in alternative rock acts each weekend, but still allowing me room to bring in a full metal show once every 6-8 weeks. This will free up more of my time to work on Intromental tours for 2008 and also allow me to concentrate my efforts as band manager for both Halcyon Way and A Lower Deep.

:headbang:

Starting mid-January, the venue will be changing it's name to the shorter and easier to remember 'The Local'.

The new booking agent there will be bringing in alternative rock acts each weekend, but still allowing me room to bring in a full metal show once every 6-8 weeks. This will free up more of my time to work on Intromental tours for 2008 and also allow me to concentrate my efforts as band manager for both Halcyon Way and A Lower Deep.

:headbang:
Sounds like a great plan! Any plans for future Theocracy gigs after the 1/05 show? I'd LOVE to see them open for a national touring act as direct support.:headbang: