Circle II Circle/Circus Maximus/Manticora tour news (changes announced)

A question to you Glenn:

Are they still making the Quebec show and is CM headlining? You wrote on the PM Board that the promoters asked specifically to have Manticora as second spot instead of CM. With CIIC off the bill, does that part still hold?

That will be up to the Quebec promoter. While the slots will be reversed, perhaps it will be a co-headline situation with the bands getting equal time.

Better than Angra in North Carolina or After Forever in Nashville. :heh:

Each of those shows had what 5-10 people? :lol:

Shit I know 15 people off the top of my head that will be there for Circus Maximus. Actually all my friends prefer CM over C II C, so they will happy once I tell them.

That will be up to the Quebec promoter. While the slots will be reversed, perhaps it will be a co-headline situation with the bands getting equal time.

Ok, so they're still making Quebec city. Great!!

They are sure to have at least 4 people in the attendance: Me, my best bud here and our girlfriends... :loco:

A co-headline would be pretty perfect by me.

Thanks bro!!

Steve

np: 3 - The is begun

Intromental Management, AFM Records, and Circle II Circle have agreed unanimously that it would be in the band’s best interest to focus all resources and effort on completing the new record and properly promoting it prior to touring.

Assuming this is the true reason, that's an interesting data point. It indicates that the parties involved still view touring as a promotional tool for selling records, and not the other way around (which has been suggested here and elsewhere as a business model for the future/present).

But someone should have just told Zak to take a page from the Trans-Siberian Orchestra playbook. I've heard radio ads promoting their upcoming concerts that end with "...and buy the new album, 'The Lost Christmas Eve', in stores now!" You'd never guess that it was released in 2004, so if that's the standard for "new", CIIC already has two "new albums" out there to promote!

Neil

Album sales in the U.S. alone answer the quesiton very easily.

Interesting... I always thought that the straightforward power metal bands were selling more than the "mixed" genre bands like CM and Symphony X... I didn't know those bands were bringing such respect (outside of this forum). Kudos to them, then!

Myself, I'll be very interested to know who gets the third spot.

Furthest I'll drive to see this show is NYC. Thats a 5 hour drive for me, and with gas prices even that isnt something I really wanna do but would to support CM (I'm not a Manticora fan).

As for the Symphony X bike shop gig.....I was at that show (Mastermind, and October Thorns also played). I was right up front and its was the most bizarre but very cool gig I have ever seen.

Furthest I'll drive to see this show is NYC. Thats a 5 hour drive for me, and with gas prices even that isnt something I really wanna do but would to support CM (I'm not a Manticora fan).

If you do plan on making it down to NYC let me know! I can probably offer you up a place to crash if you need it too as I will be living in the city by then

And bring friends! LOTS of friends! We need to prove to these venues that taking this tour is worth their time and effort. And I believe if there's a fanbase that can do it, it's the progpower fans! :worship:
I'll wrangle up the troops and pull 'em in for this one!! When you get a web flyer made, post it here or pass it my way - it's one I'll definitely enjoy spammin my friends with! :heh: :lol:

And the third band............Into Eternity? j/k.

:lol::lol:

Since I was far more excited to see CM and Manticora (!!!!!!!!!!!!!) than CIIC I am even happier with this change of plans.

Going to Atlanta from Ft Lauderdale just to see Manticora is a no-brainer. I hope that the schedule change brings them into Florida somehow.

If you do plan on making it down to NYC let me know! I can probably offer you up a place to crash if you need it too as I will be living in the city by then

Awesome bro! I appreciate that! I'll be takin ya up on it if they play NYC for sure!

I'll definitely be there to support! Circus Maximus was the main reason I wanted to go to this show anyway and now they get a headlinging set? awesome! Too bad for CIIC but I'm sure we'll all make the best of this situation!

On a personal note, I think a standing ovation should be given to Circus Maximus and Manticora. They know what they are up against and are going to do it anyway. I would hope the support from this forum would be given back to them 100%. I remember when Symphony X played in a garage in Jersey in front of 100 people on a slanted floor back in the "Twilight in Olympus" days. Sonata had some shows less than 100 on their first U.S. run. Nevermore & Opeth both experience the same thing in their early days.

The point is that you have to start somewhere and these guys are doing just that.

A Lower Deep has had the experience as well (of course only in our early days ;-). Big ups to CM and Manticora for being troopers and living the 'real' rock n roll lifestyle! Can't wait to see the show.

I would still drive to Houston to see this show despite the position of CM, but now that they are headlining I couldn't be any happier. These guys kicked much ass at ProgPower Scandinavia last month!!!!

Any chance of Outworld or Stride playing the Houston show (or all of them)?

Bill