Circle II Circle/Circus Maximus/Manticora tour news (changes announced)

With CIIC on board, this was a no-brainer for me to drive 6 hours to Jaxx for the show. Now, not so much. Though if the Jaxx date doesn't change and stays on that Saturday, I still may go.

As for the Symphony X bike shop gig.....I was at that show (Mastermind, and October Thorns also played). I was right up front and its was the most bizarre but very cool gig I have ever seen.

That was pretty odd, wasn't it? I thought Thorns just killed that night, too. I've seen shows in a lot of weird places, but there was definitely something different about that one. ;)

Glenn, When do expect the rest of the dates to be listed? I live in Chicago but working on the west coast and will have to make sure I'm home for the Chicago date. Thanks.

Glenn, When do expect the rest of the dates to be listed? I live in Chicago but working on the west coast and will have to make sure I'm home for the Chicago date. Thanks.

The previously confirmed dates are being "re-confirmed" at the moment.
I expect the other dates to be confirmed prior to Christmas. We are still doing the tour during the same two week period.

Hoyt will be posting frequent updates now as there are no further interuptions to delay bookings.

CIIC can not take a break from their new album to tour for 2 little weeks???

Well I still will be at the Atlanta show. Me and my wife will both be there and I told someone I work with and her friend is into Metal and they are both thinking of going. So I will keep talking to them . I hope CM does every song they have.

Boo, sad news. I know I'll do my part in bringing everyone I can to the show here in Atlanta. Also, the title of the thread says "Manticor," not "Manticora"

I didn't put it that bluntly, but this rather how I reacted too. CIIC and AFM obviously have a right to make the decision they feel is right for them, and that's completely good.

I don't however understand why CIIC honestly feel they need to have another product to sell before they do a tour. As far as I know they have not toured extensively (and I'm waiting for my chance to see them) for any of the three albums they already released. If anything, I would think doing some touring would give their upcoming album more exposure and might boost initial sales when it does come out. I can't think of any way touring as much as possible would hurt their name-awareness or sales. And they were in a headline slot too. They've got plenty of songs from three albums to play and promote those albums. My only guess is that they're in a good groove doing the new album, and they don't want to risk losing that groove so they want to stick with it until it's done. That's easily understandable.

I'm not saying I want to tell them what they should or shouldn't do; I'm just saying, I don't get it.

EDIT: I see Glenn's post below which sheds more light on it.

That is not the case. The album will be completed prior to the tour. However, it will not be released by the label prior to the tour. AFM (along with all labels) have a strict calendar release schedule and albums need to be completed months in advance of that release date for various reasons (pressing, artwork, pressings, distribution agreements, shipping, promotion set-up). For various reasons beyond the band's control, they could not meet the deadline required by the label.

If the label wants the band to tour after the release then that is what we must do in order to maintain a good working relationship. It's a sound business decision on their end even if it is disappointing to the fans.

Major bummer.

But I'll still do whatever need be to get out there and support CM and Manticora - Both are awesome bands.

And I'll be dragging as many friends as possible along with me!

You can bet i'll be there if all Possible. Circus Maximus is a Great band!! love their new cd as well as the first Chapter.. and manticor i'm not to familier with but i will be soon!! And they do need alot of support With the New Cd Isolate CM can easily be the next big Prog thing i listen to it everyday.:headbang:

I'm still going to the jaxx show.... Manticora & CM where what made me decide to go anyway.... That and my continuing evil plan to give the Division members liver failure.... :devil:

With Circus Maximus getting a headlining slot, I'm going to have to travel for this one.

~~Prays for Wastefall in opening slot~~
:kickass: