Co-Headliners for ProgPower USA Showcase announcement

Wow... just wow...

I can only imagine the 4 top slots of friday and saturday... In fact, I can only expect that it'll be something huge!!!

Good job Glenn and Shane!

And by the way, Glenn, should we expect another (your) announcement this week or is this it? I just thought about the possibility of having 3 bands announced the same week! lol

great choices, as I know this makes probably 95% of the regular posters here very happy.

I'll be glad to see Vanden Plas for the first time, since I missed PPIV altogether - and yes, i'm still kicking myself to this day :cry: maybe after next year I can stop kicking myself so much since Redemption and VP are both returning for 2007. WooHoo!

And I guess I'll now see what I missed during the Freak kitchen set at PPVII. I had no interest in seeing them, so used that time as a break. but then to see all the crazy comments from everyone after their set, and the look on The.Lost.Hatter's face was priceless. LOL.

Good deal. *thumbs up*

now, where's Bryant? ...did he faint? :rolleyes: :p

~Hoyt.

They will be for some while others will say Vanden Plas should have been headlining the entire festival. The new Showcase definition works perfectly for a band like Vanden Plas in that they are a returning band that gets a longer set than they would have on the weekend. It also allows me the luxory of being able to stock the top with fresh choices and elevate other returning bands.

In the end, everyone wins and that is what matters most to me.
That sums it up pretty well ... I was a big backer of the idea of VP headlining the whole fest, but getting them as the headliner for the "showcase" works perfectly fine for me. This is turning out to be a bargain year. The rest of the Prog Power lineup should be quite interesting.

Britt

Thanks for all the kudo's guys, I really appreciate it. But please make sure to thank Glenn along with myself as he is the driving force. I know he gets plenty of thanks, but I feel kind of strange getting a thank you without Glenn getting one in the same thread..... lol

Please don't take it like I don't appreciate it, I certainly do, But it all starts at the top :) After all, we could still be in the Vinyl if I didn't have his blessing ;P

Shane

Very Very Kool!

I had picked VP for headliner on Friday but this is just as good.

Maybe this year I will get to see FK, people say they did well last time--I was too busy getting hammered when they were onstage.