Devin Townsend

KamelotGuardian

Protector of the Crown
Apr 25, 2002
Atlanta, GA
www.angelfire.com
ok... So what will he play... Only his solo stuff? Terria, Phsicyst, Infnity? any Ocean stuff... or any Strapping Young Lad (I doubt it) oh.... and Im really dumb... is Strapping Young Lad over/disbanded or what...

Thanks guys!

I don't know what he'll play, but I would imagine that this festival is unlike a typical tour stop in that most artists aren't exposed much on these shores and thus will pull out a sampling of all their stuff. For example, while I'm sure the Bards will want to highlight their A Night At The Opera material, they'll in all likelihood cover their entire back catalog.

So there's a good bet Devin will play some SYL material as well. Also on that note, I've read in more than one location that a 2nd SYL album can be expected by either late 2002 or early 2003.

Hope that helps a bit.

Devin has complete freedom of song selection. However, I have booked the "solo" artist, not Strapping Young Lad. I would think he will concentrate on "Ocean Machine" and "Terria" as I have requested as that is what appeals to most of my audience.

I will say that Devin will actually have two different bands in the fall from what I understand that play two different sets: SYL and his solo band.

Glenn

I went on his site and it said under the tour section that no SYL will be played...

so...

that answers that

and ... Its the THIRD SYL cd that comes out later

haha, I dun think most of the power/prog crowd would even like SYL so...

If he doesnt play "Earth Day" Ill attack him

damn you dont own CIty? its ony of my favirite metal albums ever. awesome production as usual from dev, and just pure aggression. go buy it!!

I liked Devin Townsends production for Soilwork. That was my first contact with anything he's done. Natural Born Chaos is fantastic.

Then I bought Infinity from The End Records. Well, sorry, but this just does nothing for me. Are all his CD's like this? I hope not...

The best way to describe it: Think Joe Satriani on Flying in a Blue Dream, think all the songs that he decided to use vocals (like Big Bad Moon or Can't Slow Down), and take away the fluid solos and shredding....

This one's going back to where it came from.

Can anyone recommend a Devin Townsend CD that isn't like Infinity?

It's a near univeral opinion that Devy's best solo disc is "Ocean Machine- Biomech." If that doesn't do it for you, then Devin is probably not for you.

Go to mp3.com and listen to the full length tunes there from his entire catalog. You should start with "Life" (from Ocean Machine) and proceed from there.

Glenn H.