Dream PowerProg IV

KamelotGuardian

Protector of the Crown
Apr 25, 2002
Atlanta, GA
www.angelfire.com
Mmm...this years lineup is incredible :) Thanks much.
Althought last years was better (at the time I couldnt attend tho *AHHH*)

What was PowerProg I's lineup? just wondering...

and althought III isnt even that close? What do you guys want for PowerProg IV...

Headlining the first night would be Opeth, easilly the best prog band period (This would never happen because most of you guys dont like death vocals, but...)
and other bands for the first night would include...Rhapsody, Kings X, mabeye a few others

Second Night: Helloween/Kamelot double header with some other random support acts...

ProgPower USA I:

Symphony X
Pain of Salvation
Evergrey
Jag Panzer
Destiny's End
Power of Omens
Zero Hour
Reading Zero
Ion Vein
Onward
Etheria

As for Opeth, I tried like hell to get them this year. However, despite Mike's best intentions, their managment made the deal impossible.

Glenn H

Originally posted by KamelotGuardian

and althought III isnt even that close? What do you guys want for PowerProg IV...

We ran this thread already.....lots of good suggestions. Have a look see.

Man, I would just constantly be both crying and shitting my pants if they had this lineup:

Blind Guardian
Rhapsody
Edguy
Nocturnal Rites
Amorphis
Lost Horizon
Nightwish
Dragonheart
Hammers Of Misfortune (San Fran area sort of blackened power, great stuff)
Hammerfall
Vintersorg
Thundersteel-era Riot (mind you this is a DREAM lineup)
Symphony X
Opeth

A couple of you are on crack with those line ups tho I understand your dreaming. Can anyone tell me why Evergrey is so popular? I purchased thier first album several years ago and just could not get into them. With the amount of bands I am into I never looked back at Evergrey but I constantly see people raving about them.

And as for Helloween coming to prog... As I have said before it was Helloween that started me down the metal road way back in the 80's, but now it looks as if they will take on another shapechange with the loss of thier two best musicians Grapow, and Kusch. To me thats steals the heart and soul of Helloween. Though and I know this is a far fetched thought but if Kiske came back into the line up what I said above would only be half true.

As far as Sonata Artica coming to a prog fest in the future that alone would get me there... now Sonata and Strato in the line up... well.... I'd move to Atlanta.

-Satan

Originally posted by The Reverend
Man, I would just constantly be both crying and shitting my pants if they had this lineup:

:lol: :lol:

Nocturnal Rites

Wow - I almost feel ashamed of having forgotten about Nocturnal Rites. Some of the guitar leads on Sacred Talisman have to be some of the best shredding melodic licks ever.

I don't know what happened to them with that change of direction after Sacred Talisman so I would definitely add them to a "where are they now" list....are they still even together as a band?