"Heavy" power metal: A dying breed....

This may not be totally "power" but damn is it good, and maybe Glenn will like it. Features Bobby Williamson, and Shawn Kascik from Outworld, Silenced Within. This is a rough demo mix.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the problem with new "Heavy" power metal bands these days is...the genre is being swallowed up by mediocrity. So many bands that just are not a strong example of powerful heavy metal. There are fewer and fewer examples of standout discs, and I believe that alot of that may be due to the lack of true record companies anymore. The money is not there for these bands to work on their ideas, theres little or no producer input, and the album suffers...just my two cents

Does this band have a CD? Their MySpace has no songs and while their web page has a medley, everything about them and their music is "TBD".

Debut album is being mixed right now by Neil Kernon (Queensryche, Nile, Nevermore, etc).
Release will be late October/early November.
Announcement on label etc. coming really soon.

www.creationsend.net

Thanks I describe Fool's Game as dark Power Metal but since everyone in the band (except me) is from an already established band I don't know if we qualify as inbreeding or not.
Nicely done. I'm definitely gonna have to check this out.

Seconding the Witchking shout. The singer has a strong accent but it all adds to the charm. He actually reminds me of Daniel Heiman mixed with Chris Boltendahl. Check this tune with the slow build up and then all hell breaks loose!
Intriguing. Adding to my queue.

WOLF may not be what Glenn's looking for in a 'HEAVY' Power Metal band, but they have my vote for being a strong next generation traditional/power metal act.
Significant props to Wolf for using clips from two of the greatest movies ever made Hercules and Hercules Unchained. I saw Wolf perform in Cleveland and they didn't grab me. Never really checked out their discs, but this track is a strong one. Must investigate.

Winter's Verge - Tales of Tragedy
Digging this. Nice recco.

No sorry Zod, Scott is focusing all his time and energy on Mindwarp Chamber right now. Which I can't complain, because that band is amazing, and he fits them perfectly. Lothar from Sacred Dawn is our vocalist, and he is incredible. You can expect the same caliber of vocals, but with more emphasis on high screams
Cool. Looking forward to it.

Inmoria - Invisible Wounds
Nice. How did I miss this?

http://www.myspace.com/fracturenorway
Fracture... very, very cool.

Glad you like Powerwolf. They are totally awesome with an amazing powerhouse singer who actually used to be an opera singer in his native Romania before the band convinced him to sing metal - a very wise move!
Cool vocals, solid music. If I could stop laughing at the lyrics ("St. Satan's Day" and "Werewolves of Armenia") I would totally buy this. Maybe I'll buy it and just deny owning it if anyone asks me. :loco:

This may not be totally "power" but damn is it good, and maybe Glenn will like it. Features Bobby Williamson, and Shawn Kascik from Outworld, Silenced Within. This is a rough demo mix.
Is Nightmare releasing this? This is pretty badass.

Debut album is being mixed right now by Neil Kernon (Queensryche, Nile, Nevermore, etc).
Nice. One of your bands? Hopefully there will be a post when this is released. (hint)

In all seriousness, part of the reason for this is the turn away from actual, you know, vocals in metal. Bands with a singer tend to lean towards the prog or trad end of the spectrum because it's expected. This particular genre has never been a big item on the "radar screen" of metal, anyway, which kinda pisses me off, but...

I'll go ahead and plug my band. It's in the signature down there. Whole demo streaming on the MySpace. Yes...demo....but that's what happens when one guy has a job and the others are in college. Recording a couple of others later this year too, though HOPEFULLY at some point maybe fairly soonish there can be much more than that type of thing.

ARTILLERY - by no means a new band, they have been around for quite awhile but their last album saw their traditional thrash past fuse with some darker power metal elements. This song was one of my favorites from last year and reminds me of the topic at hand.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64FKs1j2IFc

ARTILLERY - by no means a new band, they have been around for quite awhile but their last album saw their traditional thrash past fuse with some darker power metal elements. This song was one of my favorites from last year and reminds me of the topic at hand.

I need to give that disc another listen. I never actually gathered any power metal association at all, but this song definitely has some. Great band though.

I need to give that disc another listen. I never actually gathered any power metal association at all, but this song definitely has some. Great band though.

The arrangements are very thrashy but the vocals have a lot of power metal appeal to them on this song and I feel throughout the album and some of those midway through guitar parts in this song and others is where I hear power metal as well but yeah for the most part they are thrash just with some of the elements we are talking about.

Does Benedictum count? They only have two albums out. Or are they too "traditional"? They were very heavy at CPF a few years ago.