I am so close to tears

Slatanictrash

Aug 5, 2009
Glasgow
I am simply blown away by how fuckin brilliant Anathema's new album is

It's simply fuckin spellblinding, the 8 year wait was fuckin worth it, check it out, I think you will be fuckin impressed, this has to be their best ever album ever, every track is faultless, I would go as far as saying it's a contender for album of the year but I have to say Ihshan has got that crown hands down for the moment being but Anathema have come very close

This isn't really on topic, but I think this year's been pretty shit for metal. So it being a contender for album of the year doesn't say much.

This isn't really on topic, but I think this year's been pretty shit for metal. So it being a contender for album of the year doesn't say much.

I'll respect your opinion young man, but I have to say I disagree

I am so glad that I have my hands on 2 extremely worthwhile albums that are indeed worth listening to over and over again

My taste may not to everyones liking but again I am stating an opinion which you are of course entitled to

As I said it's close to, in my opinion, a contender for album of the year but I have to say Ihshan has it so far, maybe just maybe there will be another album that will trumps it all, I would say to you young man, listen to it and see if it is to your liking, I think you will be pleasanty surprised at how much enjoyment you will get from Anathema's new opus, if you like Pink Floyd, this is an album you will enjoy

Stop calling me young man, I'm not a child. I'm a 23 year old man who knows as much if not more about music than you do.

I've heard tracks from the new Anathema album, and it's okay. Come to think of it I shouldn't have even posted my initial comment about this year's metal releases. We're Here Because We're Here isn't metal.

Anathema feel like a watered down version of Mogwai for me. That style I really dig and my mate Si always trys to make me listen to them but it never works for me. For that style though I'd go for Mogwai, Kwoon, ISIS, If These Trees Could Talk and so on.

Stop calling me young man, I'm not a child. I'm a 23 year old man who knows as much if not more about music than you do.

I've heard tracks from the new Anathema album, and it's okay. Come to think of it I shouldn't have even posted my initial comment about this year's metal releases. We're Here Because We're Here isn't metal.

Aww fuckin grow up, it's a sign of respect, I mean I am fuckin 37 years old, I am sorry if that has pissed you off, fuckin hell, I always say young man to anyone that is younger than me, it was no way meant to be fuckin patronising

Edit: Is it not yourself that has the tag line "Young Man, Old Soul"?

Anathema feel like a watered down version of Mogwai for me. That style I really dig and my mate Si always trys to make me listen to them but it never works for me. For that style though I'd go for Mogwai, Kwoon, ISIS, If These Trees Could Talk and so on.

What about Porcupine Tree? Do you like them?

If you're into Mogwai, Godspeed You! Black Emperor blows them away

About Podgies first post, I agree. There have been no major albums in metal this year or in any genre for that matter. The best thing to happen in music tis year is that spotify has been upgraded but thats about it.

There's no way this year will ever beat 09

Weeelll..... Cathedral... Electric Wizard are bringing out a new album too... And Firebird! I couldn't tell you about many albums I liked last year but probably a bit more from this year.

Firebird's Grand Union was last year... I agree about Cathedral though, The Guessing Game is up there with the best of 2010. Again, that's not saying much really.

The only album I have from this year so far is "After" by Ihsahn.... Any others worth recommending? I'll go check out what Slatanic is on about right now.

Wow..... Not what I was expecting at all. It sounds like Coldplay..... Which means it gets a resounding NO from me. Sorry.

Podgie, what about new Exodus and Heathen? Yay, nay?

I've not actually listened to them man, I've heard good things about both though. Worth checking out, I'm sure.

I've just been a bit disappointed with this year's releases... I suppose 2009 was a great year though. Oh well!