I am so close to tears

About Podgies first post, I agree. There have been no major albums in metal this year or in any genre for that matter. The best thing to happen in music tis year is that spotify has been upgraded but thats about it.

There's no way this year will ever beat 09

Um Exodus' new album maybe? Overkill's new album? Cathedral's new album?

There have been a few great albums this year so far, such as Exodus' Exhibit B: The Human Condition, Ihsahn's After and Soulfly's Omen. Pretty disappointing year so far though.

1272422421993.jpg

Ahh, well, you've got me there. :lol:

Sorry if I came across arsey anyway, I didn't mean to. I'm not in a fantastic mood, that's all.

No sweat mate, I understand, we all have days like this, hope things get better and it improves yer mood,

We all love each other here and care for each other, except Dave whom we all want to bed for some strange reason

Back on topic, I agree to a point that Anathema couldnt be considered metal, they did start off as a doom/death band and took a natural route to prog rock, as I said, I love Anathema's new release, it was worth the 8 years of shit with record labels to get such amazing album recorded

If you love Pink Floyd, you should check out these other bands, I am not saying they are in the Pink Floyd vein but they are worth checking out, Porcupine Tree for starters, Mars Volta is another recommended band

What I love about this forum is that we all throw ideas of what bands we should be looking out for, there is no better feeling than loving music for what it is and celebrate it

Mars Volta are a band I have never liked. Does anybody like Pelican? They are one of the first bands like this that woke me up to it all. But they have sludge songs too. I like the bands that verge on post rock and sludge... Especially Neurosis!

I agree that 2010 hasn't been great overall so far. High on Fire's Snakes for the Divine is brilliant though. Great, solid album. 2009 is unbeatable really. Crack the Skye, Infected Nations, Of Sound Mind, Blue Record, etc.

Blue Record is amazing! Wasn't a fan of High On Fires new album... Or High on Fire in general really.

Damn right it is man. :D Really? Fair enough, overall I thought it was pretty solid though. I wasn't overly excited about it at first, but after sitting down and really listening to it I love it, there's some great stuff on it. Especially How Dark We Pray. Have you given Death is this Communion a try?

Another great album from 2009 that just came to mind is Black Pyramid's self-titled. Oh and can't forget Shrinebuilder's self-titled.

Yeh I've given all the High on Fire albums a go but they don't work for me.

Shrinebuilder album is amazing. It is my favourite line-up for a band aswell!

Fair enough then dude. Yeah man, my jaw dropped when I first saw the line-up aha. Melvins + Sleep + Neurosis + St. Vitus = oh fuck yes.

Another great album from last year was Latitudes' Agonist. 2009 really was a pretty solid year.