Last few purchase (and/or downloads)

A friend of mine didn't believe me when I told him how many CDs I bought in the last month or so. I can't believe it myself. :)

Here's a sampling:

Cruachan - The Morrigan's Call
Cruachan - Folk-Lore
Cruachan - The Middle Kingdom
Gates of Winter - Lux Aeterna
Woods of Ypres - Deepest Roots and Darkest Blues (truly great stuff!)
Woods of Ypres - Against the Seasons
Amorphis - Still Waters (astounding!)
Primordial - To the Nameless Dead (easily one of the greatest CDs I've ever heard in my life!!!!!)
Beyond Fear - s/t
Iron Savior - Megatropolis
Tiles - Fly Paper
Ride - Going Blank Again (early '90s "shoegazer" British pop/rock I flipped over when I heard it in the CD store)
Ride - Nowhere
My Bloody Valentine - Loveless
Opeth - The Roundhouse Tapes
Enslaved - Ruun
Juno - Music From the Motion Picture (as brilliant as the movie!)
Stardust - Music From the Motion Picture
Vintersorg - Cosmic Genesis

For me, the joy in listening to music is 50% discovering it and 50% enjoying it once I've found it. In other words, the more rare a band is, coupled with how great its music is, is a thrill for me I can't describe.

Bill

Airbourne - Runnin' Wild
Alestorm - Captain Morgan's Revenge
Ayreon - 01011001 [Special Edition]
Brainstorm - Downburst [Limited]
Bullet - Heading For The Top
Cauldron Born - Born of the Cauldron
Dethklok - The Dethalbum [Deluxe Edition]
Diamond Head - Borrowed Time [Limited Edition] : Canterbury [Limited Edition]
Digital Ruin - Dwelling In The Out
Edenbridge - The Chronicles of Eden
Gamma Ray - Land Of The Free II
Grave Digger - The Middle Ages Trilogy [Box Set]
Hurricane - Over The Edge: Slave to the Thrill : Take What You Want
Ilium - Vespertilion
Kamelot - Dominion : Epica : Eternity : Siége Perilous
Leverage - Tides : Blind Fire
Lillian Axe - Lillian Axe : Love And War : Waters Rising
Lion's Share - Emotional Coma
Manowar - Into Glory Ride
Mesmerize - Off The Beaten Path
Onward - Reawaken
Overdrive - Let The Metal Do The Talking
Pagan's Mind - God's Equation [Limited]
Pathosray - Pathosray
Phantom Lord - Evil's Domain
The Reign Of Terror - Sacred Ground
Resistance - Patents Of Control
Reviver - Reviver
Riverside - Rapid Eye Movement [Limited Edition]
Rottweiller - Rage Of War
Running Wild - The Legendary Tales [Box Set] : Gates to Purgatory : Under Jolly Roger : Pile Of Skulls : Blazon Stone
Saxon - Crusader : Wheels of Steel : Denim & Leather : Strong Arm Of The Law : Power & The Glory
Seven Tears - In Every Frozen Tear
Superior - Ultima Ratio
Tarchon Fist - Tarchon Fist
The Donnas - Bitchin'
The Codex - The Codex
Thessera - Fooled Eyes
Threshold - Clone : Critical Mass [Special Edition] : Extinct Instinct [Special Edition] : Subsurface [Special Edition] : Wounded Land [Special Edition] : Psychedelicatessen [Special Edition]
Thunderbolt - Demons And Diamonds
Tiles - Fly Paper
Twisted Tower Dire - Crest of the Martyrs [Japanese] : Netherworlds [Special 2CD Edition]
Vanden Plas - Beyond Daylight [Limited Edition]
Vendetta - Tyranny Of Minority
Viron - Ferrum Gravis
Voyager - Univers
Wizard - Head Of The Deceiver
The Revivalry - A Tribute To Running Wild
Manilla Road - The Courts of Chaos : Crystal Logic : Mark Of The Beast : Metal / Invasion [Double CD]
Iron Savior - Dark Assault : Iron Savior : Unification
Gunfire - Thunder of War
Girlschool - Demolition : Hit & Run
Celesty - Legacy Of Hate
Airged L'amh - The Silver Arm
Airborn - Against The World

I will say I love the Sentinel Steel (www.sentinelsteel.com) January sale plus some good prices at LaserCD and The End Records. Won a free T-Shirt for Tiles at CDInzane. All in all a good month...

I recently picked up...

Pagan's Mind - Gods Equation
Brainstorm - Downburst
Avantasia - The Scarecrow
Pathosray - Pathosray
Elvenking - The Scythe
Primal Fear - New Religion
Thunderstone - Evolution 4.0
Raintime - Flies & Lies
Hurricane - Slave to the Thrill

All great stuff, no complaints. I am especially killing the Avantasia and Pathosray right now. I can't get enough.

My top three listens/new purchases right now:

Amorphis - Silent Waters - got this when it came out and haven't stopped listening yet

Ihsahn - The Adversary - Emperor/Peccatum main man goes solo! It's amazingly diverse yet somehow cohesive. This album features black, progressive, power, black/prog, black/power, power/prog and whatever silly genre names I feel like making up. Listening to Peccatum and Ihsahn's solo stufff... this guy is an amazing song writer.

Spheric Universe Experience - Mental Torments - haven't heard the newest one yet, but if this CD is any indication I'm going to love it. These guys throw out some great prog.

Purchases...
Seventh Wonder - Waiting In The Wings
Amazing Swedish prog metal...a middle ground between the power/crunch of Symphony X and the proggy stylings of Circus Maximus...can't wait for the new album this year!
Brainstorm - Downburst (ltd.ed. jakebox)
Avantasia - The Scarecrow (digibook w/DVD)

Downloaded and will purchase...
Firewind - The Premonition

Been real quiet on the purchase front for me. I think the last purchase of mine was a few months ago, and it consisted of something old, and somethings new(er)

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Prometheus-Discipline-Fire-Demise-Emperor/dp/B00005OB0M[/ame] Emperor: Prometheus: The Discipline of Fire & Demise

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Shadows-Sun-Ulver/dp/B000V9KEWE[/ame] Ulver - Shadows of the Sun

Riverside - Reality Dream (cd) from Ken Golden, and the vinyl accompaniment from some Polish ebayer.

My favorite releases thus far this year:

Umphrey's McGee - Mantis
Some of the best prog rock I've heard in a long time! Sooo layered, so much going on at all times... just AWESOME!

Pure Reason Revolution - Amor Vincit Omnia
Fans of The Dark Third beware, AVO sounds like its a completely different band! Heavy electronic influence on this one, but still totally badass! :kickass:

The Decemberists - The Hazards of Love
GREAT indie folk rock, the album can be streamed for free on Lala.com. Check out "The Wanting Comes in Waves/Repaid", killer tune!

DGM - Frame
Evergrey - Torn
Subterraean Masquerade - Suspended Animation Dreams
Karnivool - Themata
Threshold - Dead Reckoning
Sieges Even - Paramount
Eternal Legacy - Coming of the Tempest
Reingold - Universe
Royal Hunt - Collision Course
Gamma Ray - Hell Yeah The Awesome Foursome Live

The last things I bought were the 3 dvd set for Gamma Ray - Hell Yeah, The Awesome Foursome...Will be checking it out over the weekend
Pagans Mind - Celestial Entrance - I couldn't find my copy of this, so either someone borrowed it, or it slipped through the cracks and I only had it on MP3. Whatever the reason, the situation is rectified, and the PM discography is now complete... :headbang: