Major Pre-Party news

zedowns said:
With it moving to the main stage, is it still going to be 18 and over?

I honestly haven't thought of that. At the moment, I have to say yes until I talk to Center Stage and see what they have to say about the insurance. I'll let you know by Tuesday.

Sucks about Wastefall bailing out, but this is sweet! I tried to get a couple tickets last time, but they sold out faster than I expected! I'll have to check with my friend that is coming with me and see if he still wants to go to the pre-party as well. If so, then I'll be jumping on and grabbing two tickets as soon as they are available!

This makes up for my buddies WASTEFALL and MIKE not being able to make it. Glenn you have done it again, Man you are awesome, and i look forward to working with you at this Progpower and in the future.

Your faithful and loyal servant.

John

Nightmare1z said:
How many tickets will be available for sale Wednesday?

And what will be the final size for the audience for this? The full ProgPower size of 1100+?

It does have the potential to sell that many, but you have to remember that there is a good portion of the normal festival audience that does not arrive until Friday. I'm not sure if this news will enable them to change their plans even if they want to. I will be advertising this locally for the first time since PP II to see if we can fill it up for Shane and the bands.

Due to the change of events, Circle II Circle have announced that they will film their headline performance for a high defintion dvd release. Said vocalist Zak Stevens (ex-Savatage), "The band and I weren't sure if we were going to do the video, but this move confirms that we are going for it big time now. I guess we are going to have to break out some REALLY rare songs for this show. I can't wait. On behalf of myself and the rest of the band, we would like to thank Glenn (festival promoter) , Shane (pre-party promoter), and everyone at Center Stage for getting this done. You guys are the best."

:kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

W.M.D. said:
Due to the change of events, Circle II Circle have announced that they will film their headline performance for a high defintion dvd release. Said vocalist Zak Stevens (ex-Savatage), "The band and I weren't sure if we were going to do the video, but this move confirms that we are going for it big time now. I guess we are going to have to break out some REALLY rare songs for this show. I can't wait. On behalf of myself and the rest of the band, we would like to thank Glenn (festival promoter) , Shane (pre-party promoter), and everyone at Center Stage for getting this done. You guys are the best."

:kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass:
oh yea, this is the best!

Not that I am complaining about the change in venue. I certainly like the idea of potentially better acoustics and a seat. But at the same time, I do like the idea of the quieter backroom to meet and greet.

Ironically there's getting to be little distinction between the pre-party and the festival. But once again, that's fine by me.

Nightmare1z said:
How many tickets will be available for sale Wednesday?

Based on Glenn's post, I'd assume around 600 (= Center Stage's capacity - The Loft capacity).

And what will be the final size for the audience for this? The full ProgPower size of 1100+?

Incidentally, this was a really good question to ask. The Center Stage has the ability to curtain off about half the seats, making it a really intimate venue....or, less empty-looking for low-selling shows, I suppose.
Based on Glenn's post they won't be doing that for the pre-party. I can only recall hearing of it once, for a slow-selling (and rare) death-metal show there.

Awesome change, Glenn! This news is worth a main-page update on the WREKage site. :kickass: :headbang: