Manowar touring again?

Pellaz

Tigron of Immanion
Feb 12, 2002
Atlanta, GA
www.paulcashman.com
Seems likely, since the Masquerade's rep floated a query about booking a show here on the Atlanta Metal Forum. Tickets would be "very expensive," though.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm..............

Why do you hate metal? ;)

:lol:

Manowar+1.jpg

I rest my case.

I swear there is not a band on here that is as loved or hated as Manowar...at least on this forum. I would love to see them as I never have. We'll see.

Manowar are one of the best live bands.... Period.

Seriously though.....
This is a prog metal and power metal forum.
It amazes me that people hate on them for their cheesiness or whatever, but then praise Freak Kitchen (just a quick example that came to my head).

Whatever.
If Glen were to ever book them, it would be hilarious to watch all the haterz backpeddle and become fanboyz.

I saw them on the Louder Than Hell tour in 97 (or 98 maybe), where they played their set in chronological order. It was interesting. It definitely showcased that the Fighting The World onward era definitely makes for better live songs.

Manowar are one of the best live bands.... Period.

Seriously though.....
This is a prog metal and power metal forum.
It amazes me that people hate on them for their cheesiness or whatever, but then praise Freak Kitchen (just a quick example that came to my head).

Whatever.
If Glen were to ever book them, it would be hilarious to watch all the haterz backpeddle and become fanboyz.

I saw them on the Louder Than Hell tour in 97 (or 98 maybe), where they played their set in chronological order. It was interesting. It definitely showcased that the Fighting The World onward era definitely makes for better live songs.

Well, with Freak Kitchen it's all a schtick. It's supposed to be goofy. I think sometimes Manowar takes themselves too seriously and that's why people get so turned off by them. However, you are right there are bands just as corny that get more love than Manowar should.

As for them being at progpower...remember we have Manowar light at midweek this year in Ross the Boss. That should be interesting.

Well Freak Kitchen is crazy musically talented. Manowar has a great drummer....

But yeah. I don't get the love/hate dynamic. Insecurity maybe.

Well, with Freak Kitchen it's all a schtick. It's supposed to be goofy. I think sometimes Manowar takes themselves too seriously

Come on man........
Many bands have an image, and a "routine" to follow along with it.

I dunno, it almost comes across as elitist, since it seems many here hate Manowar simply for making their gimmick "dying for metal" :headbang:

Yet, now pagan and folk metal is acceptable by most here?????
Never would have been 10 years ago, before such bands were booked at Prog Power. Sorry, just callin em as a I see em.

Ross The Boss hasn't been part of the scene for MANY years.
I would hardly call his inclusion at PRog Power as satisfying anyone's Manowar cravings. Those Dictators reunion shows must not be paying the bills anymore.

I saw them back in the 80's and I would love to see them again. Especially if they play the old tunes!! KILL WITH POWER.......DIE DIE!!!