More Hot Chicks At PP VIII!!

acidbasement said:
This thread is defeating its own intention. If men want more women to come out to concerts, they might want to stop objectifying them. I know it's intended in good fun, but when my wife says she doesn't want to attend another ProgPower because she doesn't like being groped every time she stands up to watch a great band whose show she would otherwise very much enjoy, I've got to wonder how many other women also don't want to come back for similar reasons. And why is it that no woman can achieve success as a metal musician without being cast as a sex symbol? Are we all still in junior high? Some people are good looking - good, we agree, now let's move on and enjoy the music.

The gestalt of this event includes things other than just the music. If it were just the music, we would simply buy the albums and never leave our homes. The fact that hot women also like this music is a part of the experience, one that gets better every year.

It sounds like you are trying to equate people who like to look at hot women with people who grope them in public. Liking and commenting on how hot women are is normal heterosexual behaviour. Groping women in public is not.

acidbasement said:
This thread is defeating its own intention. If men want more women to come out to concerts, they might want to stop objectifying them. I know it's intended in good fun, but when my wife says she doesn't want to attend another ProgPower because she doesn't like being groped every time she stands up to watch a great band whose show she would otherwise very much enjoy, I've got to wonder how many other women also don't want to come back for similar reasons.
Hell, getting groped is part of the reason I GO to ProgPower every year :devil:

You didn't grope me at PPVII. But you did grope me in your home. I felt so violated. I loved it.

On another note: I've never felt objectified at PP ever! And I drool over the musicians as much as the other attendees drool over the women there. Sorry to say, but it's the nature of the game.

There are people that get out of hand though, but they are dealt with swiftly!

-Metal

I still say that a thread titled "More Hot Chicks At PP VIII!!" is probably not going to convince many women to attend an event whose audience is mostly male and often drunk, and it might even make some think twice about attending. If you want to surround yourself with beautiful women, you might consider a more subtle approach. :lol:

Funny, I've had far less groping at ProgPower than at any other concert I've probably ever been to. Usually, I get my ass grabbed or something pushing through or standing in a crowd at other shows. The only times I've ever been "groped" at ProgPower, it's been up-front and clearly on purpose. :D

Seriously, I don't feel objectified by this thread... I feel complimented. and any woman who's going to "think twice" about attending ProgPower because a relatively very few males comment that some hot women are there isn't worth her salt. :p

Different strokes, I guess.

Shaye

MetalRose said:
99.9% of the ladies that attend ProgPower are hot women AND as an added bonus- WE LISTEN TO METAL MUSIC! As a double bonus- We even ENJOY METAL MUSIC!

How much hotter can that get?

-MetalRose

Well put my dear! You rule :worship:

Oh God, you guys are still talking about this?? Nothing better to do, huh? I guess not.........

And for the "It'd be better if she shared" comment... Should I laugh? haha I guess so.....Thank you very much for saying my boyfriend is hot, I guess that's what you meant... thank God he is mine and I don't share. And he doesn't either. Sorry ;)

I was going to keep quiet on this thread, but I couldn't. And I don't have to say I agree with acidbasement , do I?? IF I do... well, 200% agreed there.

IceQueen_ said:
Oh God, you guys are still talking about this?? Nothing better to do, huh? I guess not.........

And for the "It'd be better if she shared" comment... Should I laugh? haha I guess so.....Thank you very much for saying my boyfriend is hot, I guess that's what you meant... thank God he is mine and I don't share. And he doesn't either. Sorry ;)

I was going to keep quiet on this thread, but I couldn't. And I don't have to say I agree with acidbasement , do I?? IF I do... well, 200% agreed there.

I agree. This thread is ridiculous. At any Metal festival you go 99% of the audience are going to be men (and drunk), but some times some of them act as if they've never seen a woman in their life. I think it's so lame that people are actually trying to compare/rate the hot chicks on stage as well as off stage. For one this is a Metal festival, not some beauty pageant contest.

Even if it wasn't intended to be something "so serious", I get really annoyed by things like that.

Given that pretty much every woman that goes to Prog, and validate that they aren't groped out of objectification, I can say that this thread isn't going to convince any woman to not show up. Yeah, quite a few of us are touchy-feely with each other, but it's pretty obvious that if it's not a welcomed gesture, it won't happen again. For multiple reasons.

As said previously, Prog is the only festival I've gone to, where I'm not leered at by nasty old men (Doc not included in that *nudgenudge*) or pre-pubescent teens. *coughozzfestcough*. And it's the only concert where I don't feel like I have to go into bitchmode to keep strangers away from me. We're a giant family, only without most of the blood-ties.

Am I missing something here? Is ProgPower a giant grope-fest? If so, then this is the first I've ever heard about it...

I'm pissed off now. I've never groped anyone at ProgPower, and now I know how much fun I was missing out on. :lol:

booB said:
Am I missing something here? Is ProgPower a giant grope-fest? If so, then this is the first I've ever heard about it...

I'm pissed off now. I've never groped anyone at ProgPower, and now I know how much fun I was missing out on. :lol:

yeah but I do believe I groped your ass once Boob......

blah blah blah pretty or not pretty...hot or not hot. I'm not hot...do I care? no.............but after reading some of these posts...some of ya'll need to just get over yourselves.

Coldfire Mouse said:
some of ya'll need to just get over yourselves.

heh.

Whether this thread exists or not does not change anything. All the guys who attend PP "notice" all the hot chicks whether we talk about it or not. Of course, that happens everywhere, not just at PP.

freakchylde said:
Given that pretty much every woman that goes to Prog, and validate that they aren't groped out of objectification, I can say that this thread isn't going to convince any woman to not show up. Yeah, quite a few of us are touchy-feely with each other, but it's pretty obvious that if it's not a welcomed gesture, it won't happen again. For multiple reasons.
Right. It's not like complete strangers will come up to one of us and start pawing at us. I've been to every PPUSA - as well as three Powermads - so I feel like I know about a quarter of the attendees on a personal basis. We know who we can goof around with, and they know they can goof around with us. There are several people there that I've known for close to ten years (via different message boards and mailing lists back in the day) and if anyone *did* mess with any of us girls, they'd come to our defense in a heartbeat.

That being said, my butt cheeks are totally missing everyone right now. I could use a good grope. :headbang:

~C

Pellaz said:
Nope. You're thinking of Sarah Jezebel Deva, who is the female backing vocalist for Cradle of Filth, but who is no longer involved with Therion (for a while, she was doing both gigs). The 'lead' female singer at PP in 2005 was someone else.
Thanks for clearing that up for me. I had a feeling that I had my signals/singers crossed since I didn't remember seeing anyone who looked like Sarah Jezebel Deva on stage with Therion, but someone had told me she was one of their singers.

acidbasement said:
This thread is defeating its own intention. If men want more women to come out to concerts, they might want to stop objectifying them. I know it's intended in good fun, but when my wife says she doesn't want to attend another ProgPower because she doesn't like being groped every time she stands up to watch a great band whose show she would otherwise very much enjoy, I've got to wonder how many other women also don't want to come back for similar reasons.

The original post was a tongue in cheek effort to spur discussion about wish-lists for more female fronted bands, like Edenbridge, After Forever, Within Temptation, etc. It only took about 4 or 5 posts for the thread to fly off on a tangent about ladies in the audience instead, but what can ya do?

Why were bands with women in them singled out? Because I listened to Edenbridge that day and went with it. The fact is, metal bands with women in them are relatively rare, and thus special. I want to see more of them.

And why is it that no woman can achieve success as a metal musician without being cast as a sex symbol? Are we all still in junior high? Some people are good looking - good, we agree, now let's move on and enjoy the music.

Actually, any woman who enjoys metal is hot by default :)

Ken

Oh, my goodness! This is getting ridiculous. Next thing you know, there will be girls at PP wearing T-shirts that say "Groping Permitted" and "Groping Not Permitted." Haha! Actually, I don't think I've ever seen a non-hot female at ProgPower, but then again, like MetalRose said, we all listen to and love metal music. How can you get any hotter? :Shedevil:
And besides, I thought this thread was supposed to be about getting more hot females at PP on-stage. I got interested in this thread because I'm a huge fan of female fronted metal bands and I'd love to see more of them play the festival. I love female vocals with metal music, but even I can admit that it doesn't hurt if the singer looks good. If those bands I love get to play PP because the guys in the audience love the way the chick in the band looks, well then so be it. I'd rather that those artists get the attention because people think their music is great, but if I get the rare opportunity to see those bands I love because their singer is attractive (not that I really think Glenn would book a band for that reason), then I'll deal with it. :headbang: