Now Annette out of Nightwish

Starting to sound like a permanent gig:

Looking that way. Floor easily has the talent to front NW and her “diva quotient” has always seemed quite low. The fact that she teaches voice and offers lessons to the public is cool.

Show was AMAZING last night.

1 statement(s) - I became more of a Nightwish fan with Annette, I liked the songs better. THEY NEED FLOOR in this band. She mesmerized me. I think she's a witch. But seriously - WOW. I am curious to hear her in her past bands (or current) but something tells me it won't do justice to what I saw last night.

1 question - I know Ryd from Amaranth was a guest, but who was the girl with the blue-ish hair that sang Mephisto's blaack metal parts? She sounded pretty good too.

1 statement(s) - I became more of a Nightwish fan with Annette, I liked the songs better. THEY NEED FLOOR in this band. She mesmerized me. I think she's a witch. But seriously - WOW. I am curious to hear her in her past bands (or current) but something tells me it won't do justice to what I saw last night.

1 question - I know Ryd from Amaranth was a guest, but who was the girl with the blue-ish hair that sang Mephisto's blaack metal parts? She sounded pretty good too.

Alissa White Gluz, singer for the band THE AGONIST.

Last edited by a moderator:
THANKS! I thought it might have been the gal from In This Moment, but what do I khnow? LOL I liked her, I'll have to check out her band.

I think The Agonist is a killer band! Definitely check out their last two albums, Lullabies for the Dormant Mind (where that video comes from), and the new one Prisoners.

Alissa is also a really nice girl, extremely down to earth..

I can’t believe how much better “Planet Hell” sounds with Floor. And as good as she sounds with NW, I think she sounds even better doing her own material that was written for her full power. I’d suggest After Forever’s self-titled album as a starting point.

I think The Agonist is a killer band!

Yes, indeed. Personal favorite from the Agonist:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8xRbuJLrMM&feature=BFa&list=AL94UKMTqg-9BjZFoQ74-uymF5X3M6owMh[/ame]

While After Forever's self titled is indeed a very good record, I'd suggest beginning with Invisible Circles. Just the first two songs alone are worth it, Beautiful Emptiness and Between Love and Fire.

Amazing live video:

What vocal power!!!!!

Invisible Circles is amazing and probably my favorite musically, although Floor's voice has gotten even better and stronger since then. I only suggest the self-titled album because it's a bit more representative of AF as a whole. AF's Pinkpop live show in 2004 is stunningly impressive too and heavy with Invisible Circles material. Floor was at this level and only around 23 years old:

Invisible Circles is amazing and probably my favorite musically, although Floor's voice has gotten even better and stronger since then. I only suggest the self-titled album because it's a bit more representative of AF as a whole. AF's Pinkpop live show in 2004 is stunningly impressive too and heavy with Invisible Circles material. Floor was at this level and only around 23 years old:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aq23blCHRe8

Man, I hadn't seen this one! Thank you!!!!!!!!!

The last show of the Nightwish North American Imaginaerum Tour 2012: Nightwish with Floor Jansen Live At The House Of Blues, Orlando, FL Oct 14. 2012

Enjoy the ride!

Went to the House of Shock Friday night. Behind me in line was a couple wearing Nightwish shirts, so I asked them how the show was. What followed was unexplainably depressing.

Them - It was awesome!
Me - How was Floor?
Them - She was actually really good...but she's no Annette.

Then I shook my head and walked away.

Went to the House of Shock Friday night. Behind me in line was a couple wearing Nightwish shirts, so I asked them how the show was. What followed was unexplainably depressing.

Them - It was awesome!
Me - How was Floor?

Haha! Wow.
I figured after seeing Floor, it would snap people back into reality...Annette's voice is not meant for that band. The music is too huge.
I was at the Orlando show with my boyfriend, who never really cared for NW, but after seeing Floor's performance with them, he became an instant fan and has been raving about them ever since.
I have to say, that Orlando show was the best concert I've seen in years.

Them - It was awesome!
Me - How was Floor?

You should have said back, "Your opinion is good, but you're not smart..." :lol: