PP USA XII: Win a VIP ticket - Deadline is Sept. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never done this… I'm horrible at guessing these things. I've always predicted in my own mind (or debated with the wife) in the past on what Glenn would pick each year, and we usually get one or two bands correct if were lucky. However, we're usually at least a year behind the bell curve on new/obscure bands that get added to a bill, so… not good odds.

But, Ya' know what ol' Jack Burton says at a time like this? …what the hell. :saint:

Friday
1. Falconer
2. Cynic
3. Masterplan
4. Sabaton
5. Rhapsody of Fire
6. Saxon

Saturday
1. Cresent Shield
2. Shadow Gallery
3. Katatonia
4. Dream Evil
5. Pretty Maids
6. James Labrie

I've never done this… I'm horrible at guessing these things. I've always predicted in my own mind (or debated with the wife) in the past on what Glenn would pick each year, and we usually get one or two bands correct if were lucky. However, we're usually at least a year behind the bell curve on new/obscure bands that get added to a bill, so… not good odds.

But, Ya' know what ol' Jack Burton says at a time like this? …what the hell. :saint:

Friday
1. Falconer
2. Cynic
3. Masterplan
4. Sabaton
5. Rhapsody of Fire
6. Saxon

Saturday
1. Cresent Shield
2. Shadow Gallery
3. Katatonia
4. Dream Evil
5. Pretty Maids
6. James Labrie

Awesome list, but I think Glenn would have to win the lottery for it to happen. Also, Katatonia and Cynic would probably be in the 4th slots.

Awesome list, but I think Glenn would have to win the lottery for it to happen. Also, Katatonia and Cynic would probably be in the 4th slots.

A little top heavy? eehhh... yeah your right. But again, I am absolutely clueless on some of the more underground bands these days that would counter balance that line-up. I used to keep up on things rather well, but the last year or two... I sadly haven't the time, which really sucks. Thank god for this festival and all the attendees that make recommendations; otherwise I'd be out of the loop completely!

What the hell, might as well try it:

Friday:

TesseracT
Sinbreed
Myrath
Falconer
Gotthard
Symphony X

Saturday:

Lost in Thought
Vindictiv
Amaranthe
Mob Rules
Labyrinth
Rhapsody of Fire

A little top heavy? eehhh... yeah your right. But again, I am absolutely clueless on some of the more underground bands these days that would counter balance that line-up. I used to keep up on things rather well, but the last year or two... I sadly haven't the time, which really sucks. Thank god for this festival and all the attendees that make recommendations; otherwise I'd be out of the loop completely!

Oh yeah I understand completely. My list was like yours last year. While I like these genres it hasn't been until the last year really where I've been really digging and learning more about some of these bands.

Hello! N00b here... but I'd like to try my luck!

Friday Night
1. Amaranthe <--(I wish!! They're so awesome~)
2. Lunatica
3. Evergrey
4. Avantasia
5. Rhapsody of Fire
6. Within Temptation

Saturday Night
1. Sirenia
2. ReVamp
3. Epica
4. Masterplan
5. Sonata Arctica
6. Nightwish (2-hour show--a must! They'll be touring for their new album by then~)

I hate to sound like a dick, but you will never win anything by picking Epica, Nightwish, Sirenia, Revamp, Within Temptation, Lunatica and Amaranthe all together for ProgPower USA. This isn't Female Voices Fest, thank God. :lol:

Friday:

Manimal
Kingcrow
Mob Rules
Falconer
Lost Horizon (reunion w/ Heiman)
James Labrie

Saturday:
Tesseract
Kiuas
Labyrinth
Arcturus (Reunion)
Sabaton
Rhapsody of Fire

I hate to sound like a dick, but you will never win anything by picking Epica, Nightwish, Sirenia, Revamp, Within Temptation, Lunatica and Amaranthe all together for ProgPower USA. This isn't Female Voices Fest, thank God. :lol:

Lol, you're probably right. But I'm not familiar enough with ProgPower's past rosters to be able to guess what kind of bands usually get invited, etc. So I just listed a bunch of my favorites, figuring that if the roster really DID end up that way, I'd definitely want that free VIP ticket to PPXII. XD If not, it's okay, I can leave the winning ticket to someone who'd enjoy more of the bands. :headbang:

Lol, you're probably right. But I'm not familiar enough with ProgPower's past rosters to be able to guess what kind of bands usually get invited, etc. So I just listed a bunch of my favorites, figuring that if the roster really DID end up that way, I'd definitely want that free VIP ticket to PPXII. XD If not, it's okay, I can leave the winning ticket to someone who'd enjoy more of the bands. :headbang:

Not a problem. And FYI, http://progpowerusa.com/xi/history/ :)

Friday Night
2. Lunatica
3. Evergrey
4. Avantasia
5. Rhapsody of Fire
6. Within Temptation

Saturday Night
1. Sirenia
2. ReVamp
3. Epica
4. Masterplan
5. Sonata Arctica
6. Nightwish (2-hour show--a must! They'll be touring for their new album by then~)

I honestly believe this is the most expensive lineup ever posted in one of these threads. :worship:

Friday Night
2. Lunatica
3. Evergrey
4. Avantasia
5. Rhapsody of Fire
6. Within Temptation

Saturday Night
1. Sirenia
2. ReVamp
3. Epica
4. Masterplan
5. Sonata Arctica

We all know Avantasia would be the headliner with all the musicians that actually played on their parts... come on now :kickass:

I told a buddy of mine once how I wasn't particularly into metal bands with female singers. His reply? "Yeah, you just like bands with dudes that sound like chicks."

Fri

1. Myrath
2. Kingcrow
3. Nightmare
4. Impellitteri
5. Borknagar
6. Rhapsody

Sat
1. While Heaven Wept
2. Kings of Modesty
3. Aska
4. Cynic
5. Falconer
6. Symphony X

I honesty haven't listened to much of anything this year so I'm kind of just tossing out some guesses.

Friday Night
1. Athorn
2. Sons Of Seasons
3. Anubis Gate
4. Shadow Gallery
5. Mob Rules
6. Symphony X

Saturday Night
1. TesseracT
2. Cain's Offering
3. Falconer
4. Hibria