PP USA XII: Win a VIP ticket - Deadline is Sept. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to sound like a dick, but you will never win anything by picking Epica, Nightwish, Sirenia, Revamp, Within Temptation, Lunatica and Amaranthe all together for ProgPower USA. This isn't Female Voices Fest, thank God.

It's not MalePower either. This year we've got two bands with female singers, if female singers become really common and the bands do really well, I don't see any reason why we wouldn't have a lot more in future years. When Progpower first started, Nightwish was really the only big band with a female vocalist, with Within Temptation and the Gathering way back in the underground. Today, there's a lot of top flight bands with female vocalists, so I'd expect to see more as time passes.

Counting the showcase and the Wednesday show, don't we have two more female-fronted bands? If you'd said we'd have four in one weekend back around PPIII I think people would have looked at you funny.

The real problem with that lineup is Avantasia in a 4 slot. Whoa!

The real problem with that lineup is Avantasia in a 4 slot. Whoa!

Heh heh... sorry, my metal n00b-ness is showing. ^^; No disrespect to Avantasia--I just needed another band to fill in my lineup and I had heard a few songs by them, so I stuck'em in. Guess I should've done a little more research before trying this out...

Why do you need total number of incorrect guess if you are using total number of correct guesses and correct slots, just seems redundant

I don't want to do math!
If there are 300 guesses, 30 bands picked correctly with the wrong slot, 11 picked with the right slot, how do you know exactly how many were right. The only way you would know is if you had the total INcorrect number of picks.

My guesses:

Friday
1 Haken
2 Myrath
3 Labyrinth
4 Dark Moor
5 Anubis Gate
6 Shadow Gallery

Saturday
1 Darkwater
2 Excalion
3 Cloudscape
4 Falconer
5 Masterplan
6 Blind Guardian

Now that's an intriguing lineup. I'm really skeptical that Gotthard would get that high even if they did get booked for PP, but then Glenn did say the oddball was a fairly high slot. and I hope it's a hard rock band, because I think a death or really out-there band would fail at a high slot.

Shadow Gallery, Mob Rules, Falconer, Anubis gate, all bands with a lot of buzz that haven't made the roster yet. And James Labrie as a headliner, that would be pretty awesome. I'd take a special two hour set from either him or Angra anytime.

Friday
1)Amaranthe
2)Kingcrow
3)To-Mera
4)Wolf
5)Shadow Gallery
6)James Labrie

Saturday
1)Tesseract
2)Diabulus in Musica
3)Anubis Gate
4)Dragonland
5)Falconer
6)Symphony X

:p

Friday:

1. Phonomik
2. Southern Cross
3. Hibria
4. Division by Zero
5. Candlemass
6. Stratovarius

Saturday:

1. Sinbreed
2. Mind Key
3. Silent Memorial
4. Mob Rules
5. Anubis Gate
6. James Labrie

:)

Mob Rules 34
Shadow Gallery 26
James LaBrie 24
Rhapsody Of Fire 23
Kingcrow 22
Labyrinth 20
Masterplan 20
Falconer 20
Anubis Gate 20
Myrath 18
Cloudscape 16
Symphony X 14
Hibria 13
Gotthard 12
Dream Evil 11
Blind Guardian 10
Sabaton 10

This is certainly an interesting contest...wonder if someone would run reports like:

List of the bands guessed, and the frequency of each top to bottom.
Total of correct band guesses.
Total of correct band and slot guesses.
Total of incorrect band guesses.
Or, even better, a way to put your guesses into a form, submit it, and get your score.

All of that could be done using excel, I guess...maybe someone will take the idea and run with it...

Or is that what happened last year...

Finally got this spreadsheet done. It's cool, doesn't look so great but it gets the job done :)

Does the following basically...

1. Total number of votes for each band
2. Enter in the roster for PP12 and it returns everyones score instantly :)

So far there have been 222 bands voted for

:OMG:

Theres one power metal band that everyone has forgotten to stick in their list, including me, that I'd just love to see play ProgPower. Machine Men. I think these guys are one of the finest power metal bands around today. Some audio visual proof. Chalk up another old wharehouse video lol....

Last edited by a moderator:
Might as well take a shot....

Friday:

Sinbreed
Mind's Eye
Kiuas
Fair To Midland
Allen/Lande
Andre Matos

Saturday:

Fairyland
Voyager
Mob Rules
Falconer
Circus Maximus
Rhapsody of Fire

Wanted to guess Avantasia as the Sunday Headliner.....but couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger on that prediction.

this is fun... if "i am fabio"'s list was the actual roster, AngraRules would have won with 13 points... assuming my spreadsheet is correct ;)

Hoping nobody posted this guessed-lineup already:

Friday:
1. Myrath
2. Revamp
3. Machine Men
4. Ihsahn
5. Falconer
6. Blind Guardian

Saturday:
1. Heavenly
2. Loch Vostok
3. Alestorm