Progpower 5 submissions and requests

My definitive list:
Helloween- Closes (They deserve it, and so do we!)
Kamelot- Closes the first night (They tore it down at PP II, and Khan is a vocal God!!!
Pain of Salvation- No explanation necessary!
Sonata Arctica- Fuck Stratovarius if they want to be money hungry pricks.
Labyrinth- I'd kill to see this band (Italy must be represented again!)
Royal Hunt- How come no one mentions this great band?
Skylark- Eddy Antonini rules!
Freedom Call- Great Shit!
Stonehenge- Awesome prog metal; check them out!
Lost Horizon or Dragonland or Tad Morose or DGM or Wonderland or Adagio

nightwish58 said:
Lost Horizon or Dragonland or Tad Morose or DGM or Wonderland or Adagio

I think Adagio should be given some serious thought for next year . Stephan and the boys will probably be releasing their second album "Underworld" in the US right around the time of ProgPower. :)

Sanctus Ignis was one of the best surprises in the last few years for me and from what I heard so far, Underworld will probably be equal if not better! :)

Cheers, Antonio

Harvester said:
Dunno about the "greatest" tag, but I hope to see hiim perform here as well.

Glenn H.

Maybe a little hint from Glenn that Shaman may be on their way here next year! That would be incredible to see!!! Especially if Edguy come back; we may get a duet with Matos and Tobi. Yeah right, but it sounds good anyway. Great job again this year Glenn. 3 more months till mayhem!!!

I'd kill to see Andre Matos live...

But don't get him for Progpower V...I won't be able to make it next year, unless you push it back (Beginning of August!!!!!!!!!)

How about Progpower VI? :D

Someone already mentioned Lacuna Coil. That would be cool!

More female-fronted bands:
Within Temptation
After Forever

Does anyone know an Italian band named Eldritch? They are kind of like Symphony X meets Dream Theater. God stuff. I don't know why, but they are virtually unknowun, even in Europe, despite releasing 4 albums. Here's their web site: www.eldritch.it.

-GK

1) SONATA ARCTICA
2) LOST HORIZON
3) EDENBRIDGE
4) WITHIN TEMPTATION
5) AFTER FOREVER
6) BAL-SAGOTH
7) ARCTURUS
8) CELTIC FROST (REFORMED!!!)
9) DORSAL ATLANTICA
10) DEVIL DOLL

I could go on...

Just get Within Temptation!!!! I don't think we need 3 female fronted bands at the same show, nor do i think Glenn would ever book that. I think Within Temptation would be the best selection out of those 3 bands!

First of all....please no female fronted bands...unless you get Christina Slutalera!!

Seriously,

Andromeda
Time Requiem
Adagio
DGM
Symphony X
Pagan's Mind

We(the people) want to see the best, please no filler...just the elite!!

Tbone

when your playing off the board...the rules do not apply.....

Dreamlord said:
I still say Enslaved, easily the most truly progressive metal band today.

Problem is, unless there's a tour involved, I just can't see them coming back for another one-off show (as they're doing for the Milwaukee fest this year).

Besides, Solefald is far more progressive. :D

puh-lease. Solefald have been dabbling in the same arena for four albums. No progression there, unless you call their de-progression to Pills... progressive.

Solefald is just weird for weirds sake. bah...

;)

You can't possibly say that Solefald's new album is not progressive. If you do, you're either not really listening to it at all, or you're just being argumentative. In Harmonia Universali is not only brilliant, it's incredibly progressive, not *ahem* weird.