Rockstar 2 -- Supernova

Iced Ray said:
I tried to watch the first episode but I could not stop cringing and wincing thru it. I had to shut it off about midway thru. It was awful. And this is coming from someone who watches American Idol. :erk:

Those 3 douchebags (Lee, Clarke, Newsted) should be embarrassed....well, Lee shouldn't because this is actually an upgrade for him considering some of the crap he has been associated with over the last few years.

:lol:

Good grief... I watched the show for this out of curiosity as a happened to land on the chanel that was broadcasting while surfing... let's just say "curiosity killed the cat" :ill:

I was watching and agree that Dilana was probably the best of the bunch that first night although I wasn't blown away by the vast majority of the singers. I think she has the energy and "look" to fit best with Tommy and the guys.

I can't believe the guy who got kicked off sang a Duran Duran tune when he was told to pick something heavier than the Coldplay song he sang the first night. What an idiot.

I read that the show was a ratings turd though, so we may never find out who the next "rock star" is anyway...

Metalhed said:
Of all the vocalists, I felt that only Storm, Patrice, Dilana and maybe Dana would fit the kind of music I would expect from the three other musicians in this band. I didn't see one guy that would fit the "dirty rock" feel of this band (again - expected sound). Some different song choices may change that for me in the next few weeks. I also look forward to seeing Jill for a few more weeks at least!
I totally agree! Seems the "girlz" are gonna win this one.
www.myspace.com/evilgrit

I guess Butch Walker is kind of embarassed about participating in the whole thing.

Magni was pretty good last night. I really enjoyed Jenny's version of Tainted Love. Zayra.. was blah. Chris just... doesn't have it.
This show is starting to frustrate me. I know they could have got better talent. Right now it sounds like a city's karaoke competition. At least the band is damn good. Jill was bad.

Dilana was okay, but her version just doesn't stand out. Would anybody have loved that song if she was the first to come out with it? I don't think so. Phil was good, at least as good as the original. Storm was above average, but not impressive. Ryan was fine. Patrice was boring. Lukas was good. Toby was good. Dana did nothing for me. Josh was alright, but not great.

The only singer that I think that did a decent job last night was Toby. All in all, the contestants just suck this year! The talent was 10 times better for the INXS show last year. I thought Jill was horrible, TSO or no TSO! :puke: IMO, this will be last Rock Star show that we'll see. It was a joke when they decided upon a Tommy Lee project anyway, so I really don't know what CBS expects if their ratings are low! :rolleyes:

I agree that last year had some better singers. I still think Storm and Patrice are the best choices for this group. Patrice has been solid both weeks. Storm blew it this week (last week she was great).

Honestly, these can't be the best choices for singers in America?

Not one of them has the "goods" to be a superstar and most can't even sing that well, wimpy wimpy it really feels like Supernova will just have to settle for the "best" of the "very ordinary" in this group. Not a formula for success.

Anyone see the INXS winner? Not very entertaining to say the least and the result was/is (where are they now? )

I think the problem must be the age limit? Everyone in the band Supernova is 40 and over but they want a younger " less experienced/ amature " vocalist?

BTW, Butch Walker is a GOD and should be singing and writing all the songs for Supernova either him or his cousin Zak Stevens..he he

W.M.D. said:
Honestly, these can't be the best choices for singers in America?

Not one of them has the "goods" to be a superstar and most can't even sing that well, wimpy wimpy it really feels like Supernova will just have to settle for the "best" of the "very ordinary" in this group. Not a formula for success.

Anyone see the INXS winner? Not very entertaining to say the least and the result was/is (where are they now? )

I think the problem must be the age limit? Everyone in the band Supernova is 40 and over but they want a younger " less experienced/ amature " vocalist?

BTW, Butch Walker is a GOD and should be singing and writing all the songs for Supernova either him or his cousin Zak Stevens..he he

Is he really Zak Steven's cousin?

Well here's something else for ya, Butch is from Rome Ga.

So we haver 2 Superstars from Ga. Glenn and Butch, man what's in the water..he he

Jill does Evanessence better than Evanessence. I didn't think that Chris did bad. But I don't think that Tommy Lee is going to be playing tonic-esque songs. Zayra did the Kinks.. about 10x better the second time around.