Rockstar - Supernova revisited

Cheiron

Jan 11, 2006
So who is still watching and what are your thoughts? Ryan's version of "Losing my Religion" was the best performance to date. That guy has talent oozing out of his pores. Zayra needs to go home. She can't sing, can't perform, can't do anything but barely hang on. Toby is also an amazing singer/performer, as well as Magni. Lucas just doesn't do it for me though. Out of the girls I like Dana and Dilana the most. Patrice's performance this week was good... and her best yet. Jill is bad. Her her and Zayra will be the next two to go... hopefully.

I still don't know all the names yet.
Josh who did the Sublime song was REALLY good this week.
He had been told numerous times that they don't like his style.
It almost seems now that they are warming up to him.
Almost reminds me of JD Fortune from last season.

Jill (The token "hot" blonde chick this season) was plain awful. That was a disturbing performance.

Lukas needs to realize that the My Chemical Romance look is completely silly and those 15 minutes are up. That is sad if you can't remember the lyrics to a HOLE song that has a repeated verse and chorus.

I wish they would let Newsted talk more. Tommy Lee and Gilby are too nice of guys who rarely rip into them when they need it most.

No one is blowing me away, at least not yet.

The problem is that no one knows what SUPERNOVA sounds like so it is hard to know who would be a good fit.

Cheiron said:
So who is still watching and what are your thoughts? Ryan's version of "Losing my Religion" was the best performance to date. That guy has talent oozing out of his pores..

That was an amazing moment and the best TV performance since Bo's "In a Dream" from AI. I had chills. I believe that version could be a hit on radio today.

Go to http://rockstar.msn.com/ and click on "rockers" near the bottom left. Scan across the page to Ryan's picture and click "latest performance" from his menu.

I guess I am in the minority who did not like the Losing my Religion performance. I thought Storm did the best job. Most of these people really suck and need to be sent home in a group ship off.

VenomGA said:
I guess I am in the minority who did not like the Losing my Religion performance.

I am with you buddy. It was indeed a good solid performance.
I was not as blown away though as others here were by it.
I think it has to be taken in context with the environment.
When compared to the other performances that night, it sounded like a gold record! (IE - there were some BAD performances!)

I would love for them to sneak in like a VOIVOD song as one of the weekly song selections. It would be hilarious to watch the contestants go, "What the hell is this???"

I admit that I haven't been a fan of Ryan Star because everytime I hear his name I think about the girl from the first season of American Idol also named Ryan Starr. To me he's been average at best up until last night... I was completely surprised.

Performances aside, the best moment of the show was when the guys offered to bring Magni's wife and new baby over from Iceland...

Best of the night (and will get the encore): Ryan
Good: Magni, Storm, Dilana
So-So: Josh, Dana, Toby, Patrice
Bottom Three: Zayra, Jill, Lukas

Thorn23TX said:
Performances aside, the best moment of the show was when the guys offered to bring Magni's wife and new baby over from Iceland...

Yeah, but I hate when they do stuff like that because it just exposes to the viewers how rigged the whole thing is.
Obviously, the dude won't end in the bottom three, knowing they are flying in his family. It was indeed a nice gesture. Tommy Lee has always seemed genuine about his love for his boys (Regardless about how messed up his relationship with Pam may have appeared)

I am with you on Zayra.. she just does not have the vocal strength and is hanging on by shocking them. I don't know the names like you do of all of the people. I have not seen all of Jill's performances but I loved the ones I saw.
I like Toby most of the time... I will have to watch tonight and see what happens.

quote=Cheiron]So who is still watching and what are your thoughts? Ryan's version of "Losing my Religion" was the best performance to date. That guy has talent oozing out of his pores. Zayra needs to go home. She can't sing, can't perform, can't do anything but barely hang on. Toby is also an amazing singer/performer, as well as Magni. Lucas just doesn't do it for me though. Out of the girls I like Dana and Dilana the most. Patrice's performance this week was good... and her best yet. Jill is bad. Her her and Zayra will be the next two to go... hopefully.[/quote]

Ryan performed well last night, but I still can't stand him. He is a jacka$$. Send him home. Jill has to go also (which is too bad because she is the primary eye candy for me). Zayra makes me cringe whenever I hear her. Another one in the "send them home" category. Lukass is too full of himslef for me and limited overall. Josh doesn't fit the image of this band and I find Toby too boring. Magni has been OK, but I hated his performance last night.

The only two I feel would front this band well are Dilana and Storm. I also like Patrice. They would be my final three.

I'm still watching. :) I still think Dilana is the best choice to front Supernova...second choice is Storm. I loved how Dilana went out into the crowd and up in front of the Supernova guys. I believe that was her boyfriend (and hairstylist) that gave her a shoulder ride back to the stage.

I agree that is was Ryan's best performance so far..but IMO he doesn't belong in Supernova...let him go have a solo career performing stuff like he did last night.

:headbang:

newposter4fg1.jpg

Jasonic said:
Yeah, but I hate when they do stuff like that because it just exposes to the viewers how rigged the whole thing is.
Obviously, the dude won't end in the bottom three, knowing they are flying in his family. It was indeed a nice gesture. Tommy Lee has always seemed genuine about his love for his boys (Regardless about how messed up his relationship with Pam may have appeared)

Its not rigged. Its just that everybody knows that Magni is not going to be in the final 3. And hell even if he is, he's not going to be selected off due to his strong performances.

Cheiron said:
Its not rigged. Its just that everybody knows that Magni is not going to be in the final 3. And hell even if he is, he's not going to be selected off due to his strong performances.

:lol: Ummmmmmm..... wanna bet?
Come to Chicago and ask anyone who knows the LOVEHAMMERS.

Think about how quick INXS's "Switch" came out after the show was over. I don't even think it was a full 2 months. Even underground albums take over a month to fully mix and produce.

Also, look how many times they had JD do "Pretty Vegas".
Also, how many times did they have Marty do "Trees"
How ironic!! 3 months later, the LOVEHAMMERS release their album which is a BURNETT PRODUCTIONS release.....

Um. Lets take Supernova. All the tracks and instrumentals are probably recorded. All that will be left is probably some of the lyric writing, singing and final production. Hell, bands record entire albums in a week or two. Often though, actual release is delayed for varoius reasons. Of course INXS is going to put out the album fast. While there is still some vibe, and people remember/care about the show. Same with this album. I'm sure we'll see it out in a couple months.

Ryan's cover was a great version of the song. And I agree, it could definitely be a hit in itself if released now.

But the last two weeks, I really think Dilana is pulling forward to be the front runner. She's got a great stage presense. And well, if that band is going to have a female singer, they need a chick with balls...and I think she has them.

As for the guys, I really like Josh. He did great with Santeria. Toby has a lot of potential too.

As for Zayra...ughh. My morbid curiosity with her is over, I don't need to watch the train wreck every week. She's eye candy and she has the confidance. Unfortunately, she just doesnt' have the talent.

Cheiron said:
Um. Lets take Supernova. All the tracks and instrumentals are probably recorded. All that will be left is probably some of the lyric writing, singing and final production. Hell, bands record entire albums in a week or two. Often though, actual release is delayed for varoius reasons. Of course INXS is going to put out the album fast. While there is still some vibe, and people remember/care about the show. Same with this album. I'm sure we'll see it out in a couple months.

I agree that INXS probably had the majority recorded prior to the show, plus they wanted to get the album out while the hype was still there.

As I said though, I have "heard" things, esp relating to Marty's band, that a LOT was known (IE - that they were landing the album deal / tour / etc).

Take it for what its worth I guess.
Supernova, at most, will release one album and do a small club tour and that is it.

INXS will probably release one more album, since their tours from what I have heard have actually been quite successful.

FataMorgana said:
Info on different Supernova-related websites states they began recording in June.....release date is November 21st.

Well, there are what, like 11 contestants left, which means almost 3 full months to go of the show. So the show will end mid-October, with the release date 4 weeks away?

Believe what you want peeps!