Rockstar - Supernova revisited

Kathy said:
I agree totally. We see Jill every year on the the TSO tour and she's awesome. She's more in her element, more like the songs she sings when she's constantly redeeming herself everytime she gets in the bottom three.

I don't think any of them fit the band either.

I have a co-worker who has always complained that Jill over sings her songs with TSO. She just sort of wrinkled her nose when I told her Jill was on Supernova. It was a really cute look on her, but I don't think it was ment to be complimentory. Tommy always introduces her as a huge voice in a tiny body, but she can go over the top.

Magius said:
I have a co-worker who has always complained that Jill over sings her songs with TSO. She just sort of wrinkled her nose when I told her Jill was on Supernova. It was a really cute look on her, but I don't think it was ment to be complimentory. Tommy always introduces her as a huge voice in a tiny body, but she can go over the top.

I'd take Jennifer Cella over Jill any day of the week!

Magius said:

Well, that's a first as far as her singing with TSO .... I totally disagree with your co-worker, but to each his own. :)

Magius said:
I have a co-worker who has always complained that Jill over sings her songs with TSO.

Ironically, I had the same impression of Jill the first time I saw TSO West. However, after attending a few more TSO West performances (not to mention seeing how gracious Jill is during the nightly M&G sessions), I'm a big fan.

I suspect my initial impression was negative, because I was expecting to hear a live performance that more closely matched what was on the CD. Instead, Jill has taken the material (especially "Prince of Peace") and made it her own. You go, girl!

I wish they would have kept Dana around a little longer she was incredibly cute and not a bad singer, but definitely not the one.

I think the finalists will be Dilana, Magni, Lukas and either Storm or Toby... Probably Storm because they sure are keeping the gender level even....

And why that Celine Dion wannabe freakshow is still in the running I have no idea! :puke:

SharkBlack said:
I wish they would have kept Dana around a little longer she was incredibly cute and not a bad singer, but definitely not the one.

I think the finalists will be Dilana, Magni, Lukas and either Storm or Toby... Probably Storm because they sure are keeping the gender level even....

And why that Celine Dion wannabe freakshow is still in the running I have no idea! :puke:

'Cause her outfits get smaller n' smaller... She may not be able to sing but the girl's got one hell of a body (that's right ~ a girl just paid another girl a compliment; and I'm straight.. go figure.. heheheh)... That's why she's still there...

I agree with ya on the final 3 totally... Unless Lukas has another one of those 'back to the audience' songs - idiot..

Oh... PS ~ What big teeth you have SB
wink.gif

I can't see Patricia fronting the band. She doesn't have the look. She seems to happy, even when she tries to be more punkish.

Zayra can sing. She does it at times with her bottom 3 song. The problem is, she can't sing rock. She can sing drifty pop songs. She'd have been fine in the 80s, but there is no real substance, nor rough side to her voice.

They had a vocal coach come in one day for the webepisodes. I wish more singers would make use of vocal coaches. They can help you from oversinging a song, using proper technique, ensuring you hit and hold the right notes, etc. Hell, a lot of metal guys could use it too. Anybody who considers him/herself a 'self taught' singer, could use some help. And what does it hurt? Its not like anybody is going to say 'oh man, you got vocal lessons.. .what a hack!'

I think the girl who sings for Trans-Siberian Orchestra is a pretty good singer but ALL the rest i find horrible. But i still watch it none the less.

JenniferLynn said:
'Cause her outfits get smaller n' smaller... She may not be able to sing but the girl's got one hell of a body (that's right ~ a girl just paid another girl a compliment; and I'm straight.. go figure.. heheheh)... That's why she's still there...

I agree with ya on the final 3 totally... Unless Lukas has another one of those 'back to the audience' songs - idiot..

Oh... PS ~ What big teeth you have SB
wink.gif

That outfit she had on last week was hilarious. Kind of superhero gone wrong. haha! It was hilarious when no one could say anything after her song... :loco: BTW She's too skinny for my tastes anyways...:p When I bite her with my big teeth I get nothing! :headbang:

Wow. Ryan Star's Morrison was great, and Storm Large's "We Are the Champions" was nearly perfect... and far better than the version done on American Idol last season. Jill had maybe her best performance yet. Same with Zayra, but still... she just doesn't have the voice, and can they really see a person with her goofy outfits fronting the band? Overall, they all had good performances.

Cheiron said:
Wow. Ryan Star's Morrison was great, and Storm Large's "We Are the Champions" was nearly perfect... and far better than the version done on American Idol last season. Jill had maybe her best performance yet. Same with Zayra, but still... she just doesn't have the voice, and can they really see a person with her goofy outfits fronting the band? Overall, they all had good performances.

Dude Star played a Rolling Stones last night, Paint it Black...

Bear

I see it right now between Dilana, Storm... and all the guys. All the guys left are good. So its not easy.

I thought last nights show had the best song selections overall, which certainly helps the performers have a better night.

Magni, I thought, brought down the house, a first for me. He never really stood out to me before.

Storm was good but pitchy. She has the vibe and energy though.

Patrice. Her voice always makes me want to torture an innocent little kitten for about 7 years or so. Last night was no exception.

Ryan. I just dont care for his vocal choices. I did not care for his performance, and he had one of the cooler songs. If you are going to paint your eyes black, paint it BLACK man, dont pussyfoot around with Jills mascara.

Jill just rubs me the wrong way. Even though she toned her oversinging down a little.

Zayra just doesn't have anything to offer music in general. There are plenty of magazines that will eat her for breakfast...and dessert. I have a feeling Newkid already did.

Dilana and Lukas. I think these are the 2 to beat. Like her voice or not, she is instantly recognizable and has the presence to carry a band. Lukas, same deal.

Did anyone see Dilans frown when Lukas got the standing O from the band... It was quick but she didn't look happy...I still think Dilana would be better for the band...

Bear