Rockstar - Supernova revisited

I just don;t see what the hell you people like about Pukas. He sucks at singing, he sucks at pronouncing words...he just is like a train wreck every week. If you have seen one performance by him, you have seen them all. I will give Dilana props on the Police song when she actually sang.

I'm thinking they might go with Toby. He seems to fit in with the guys and also good with the type of music they have shown us. Magni is my favourite though I don't think he's been particularly great the last two weeks. He still was amazing on Fire. I think Dilana lost this on her own. Lukas might win just because he has the most rabid fanbase but they're seriously mostly either under the age of 16 or 40yr old housewives drooling over just how different he is (which they think is originality but is far from that). I don't particularly like Toby but I really don't like Lukas because of his singing/attitude and his fans on the msn boards annoy me into actually being on the verge of hating him. They all think anyone who doesn't like Lukas is automatically a Dilana fan and everything they use to describe what they love about Lukas can be said about Dilana usually, too which I think is funny.

The show is being recorded right about now. I might go home and read the spoilers as I haven't been able to watch the show since it became a dramafest instead of contest to find the singer.

Toby is still my favorite.
I have warmed up to Magni, though I don't see him as a fit for this band.
Lukas can sing, but not sure if he is the type of guy that you can watch for a couple hours (Though, as I had eluded to before, will prolly take the prize).
Dilana looked and sounded good last night, though overall I am still not a fan.

The house band is more of a band than Supernova will ever be. And word is, they're not even going to be able to use the name Supernova now.
I can't wait till they announce the new name: Supernova of Fire

Anyone notice the leak about Lucas winning?
At least in my area, during the commercial break they aired a commercial for "SURVIVOR" where they used "Headspin" and showed footage of Lucas performing it. This was a dead giveaway!

Cheiron said:
Yeah Jasonic I saw it, and thought the same thing.
I wonder if someone will get fired!! Obviously they aired that commercial too early.
Well, hopefully you guys now have enough proof that the winner is decided LONG before the end of the contest.

For the last few weeks I was rooting for the people I like to be sent home (Storm, Magni). Sad, huh?

Yeah, it will be interesting to see what they'll do with the name. Damn Cali punks... ;)

Jasonic said:
I wonder if someone will get fired!! Obviously they aired that commercial too early.
Well, hopefully you guys now have enough proof that the winner is decided LONG before the end of the contest.

Yeah, I quit watching about 3 weeks ago when it was clear that Skunk Head was a cinch, regardless of where the voting went. If anyone else needs more proof this comes from Yahoo News:

Although early poll numbers Tuesday showed Dilana, with her multicolored tresses and raspy pipes, in the lead, Rossi may have had no need to fret, despite his third-place status at the end of last night's show.

An "inside source" over at Rock Star told E! Online TV columnist Kristin Veitch recently that the band has "loved him all along and that Tommy Lee in particular has been so over the top in his praise of Lukas during the show" (See? "Cool as hell" is where it's at) "that his comments had to be edited out before the episode aired, in order to make it less obvious that Lukas would win."

The entire article can be read here: http://news.yahoo.com/s/eo/20060914/en_tv_eo/20010

Well, I don't need to say, "I told you so", but

I TOLD YOU SO!! :lol:

You guys doubted my knowledge of this.

This season was no different than last.
Once they get to about the final 8, the guys know who they are going to pick, (And unless the remaining contestants are dillusional, they all know too).

The band then spends time working with the winner in the studio to be ready for the recording and release of the CD.

Last season, Marty Casey got the 2nd place prize of opening for INXS on tour.
Don't you think that him and his band had to know this long in advance, considering they recorded and released an album PRIOR to this tour? (Trust me, they knew...)

Anyhow, still a fun show to watch. It is cool to see the singers develop over time. Toby I thought should receive a "Most Improved" award. He became amazing at the end.

He was actually the only one in my opinion who consistently got the crowd on their feet.

Dilana has a pretty good deal out of all of this. Gilby is usually a pretty good writer, and Dave is an above-par guitarist. Thing is, even if she records an album, she'd have to then go and find musicians to tour with her.

And poor dave. His panic channel album has not sold well. And its actually pretty good =/

Cheiron said:
And poor dave. His panic channel album has not sold well. And its actually pretty good =/

I don't feel bad for Dave at all.
He chose to be a "celebrity" instead of a musician.
True music fans see through the bullshit, thus the much anticipated Jane's Addiction reunion was a flop.

He is actually VERY lucky. The upcoming Supernova tour will probably be the last time Navarro plays to a packed house.

Need any more proof that the show is rigged?
SUPERNOVA already have 2 tracks posted at their MY SPACE page.
You really think they recorded and mixed 2 tracks since Wednesday (Considering Tommy Lee is on tour during the week with Crue?)