Rockstar - Supernova revisited

Jasonic said:
Once again, I hate to burst your bubbles, but the winner is known LONG before the show is complete........

I know none of you feel you have any reason to believe me and that is fine.
I knew who won last year, and I know who has the nod for SUPERNOVA.

Don't be fooled by Hollywood and the magic of television.

Oh, I have no reason to doubt that....:)

Jasonic said:
Once again, I hate to burst your bubbles, but the winner is known LONG before the show is complete........

I know none of you feel you have any reason to believe me and that is fine.
I knew who won last year, and I know who has the nod for SUPERNOVA.

Don't be fooled by Hollywood and the magic of television.
well since you seem to know who wins, why don;t you tell us and we can see how right you are in a few weeks??

Dude, I obviously can't "state" who wins....
(Though think of someone who looks like they spend too much time in Hot Topic listening to too much My Chemical Romance).
Shouldn't be too hard to figure out.

I doubt that Lukas is going to win, even if you have a "know" He sucked ass last week on that song they did, so did Gilby. We shall see

Jasonic said:
Dude, I obviously can't "state" who wins....
(Though think of someone who looks like they spend too much time in Hot Topic listening to too much My Chemical Romance).
Shouldn't be too hard to figure out.
there is no way in hell Lukas is going to win.

Bear said:
I doubt that Lukas is going to win, even if you have a "know" He sucked ass last week on that song they did, so did Gilby. We shall see

I don't like the kid either, nor do I care for Fortune, though it really doesn't matter what we think....

Furthermore, it really doesn't matter, esp this season. Personally, I find this season a complete joke. The band will release the album and go on tour playing to poorly attended audiences.

Out of Gilby, Jason, and T-Bone, Lee is the only one who has die-hard fans who will turn up for anything he does (IE - Crue, Methods of Mayhem, solo, home videos, etc).

Jasonic. Perhaps you work in some industry, or have contacts in some industry, related to the show, and thus have 'insight' on a predetermined winner.

But wouldnt' that be idiotic to do? To have one? That means that the rest of the contestants don't matter. Don't you think they'd know that? Have a feeling of that? I just don't buy it... But we'll see. I don't think he'll win, so if he does, perhaps you have some cred.

Cheiron said:
Jasonic. Perhaps you work in some industry, or have contacts in some industry, related to the show, and thus have 'insight' on a predetermined winner.

But wouldnt' that be idiotic to do? To have one? That means that the rest of the contestants don't matter. Don't you think they'd know that? Have a feeling of that? I just don't buy it... But we'll see. I don't think he'll win, so if he does, perhaps you have some cred.

I believe I had revealed my inside source before (probably when I should not have). Doesn't really matter......

If you were a vocalist, wouldn't you participate? You are instantly exposed to millions worldwide. Granted, I am not sure if anyone benefited fully from the first season, with the exception of Marty Casey. (though that wasn't exactly a "shocker" anyhow).

All I have to say is after seeing these two shit performances that Lukas is doing tonight, if he makes it. Good freakin luck Supernova. They might have to change their name it Superblowin, because that was pure crap!!

Bear

Bear said:
All I have to say is after seeing these two shit performances that Lukas is doing tonight, if he makes it. Good freakin luck Supernova. They might have to change their name it Superblowin, because that was pure crap!!

Bear

I couldn't agree with you more... wow that was painful. He had a great chance to get the crown involved by doing a rocking version of Livin' on a Prayer, but he totally killed the sing-a-long part with his stripped down version. I couldn't even understand the lyrics in parts and who doesn't know that song word-for-word when it comes on the radio? I don't get what Supernova sees in him, but if they choose him, then they've slit their own throats.

Dilana also was not good at all tonight. She has gone completely wheels off in the last two weeks. It sucks that she tore her calf muscle and all, and perhaps she was thrown off by that, but her arrangement of Behind Blue Eyes did nothing to enhance the original, and I thought it was really funny that the keyboard player in the house band called her on the fact that she didn't even know the entire original version before deciding to do a new arrangement. <WHUMP!> That sound you hear is me officially jumping off the Dilana bandwagon.

I thought Magni was decent - nothing groudbreaking in the performance, but it was a solid version of Back in the USSR, and his cover tune was pretty cool. Storm surprised me with her set (and perhaps gained an unfair advantage when Dave stepped onstage w/her during Suffragette City) and her original song was remarkably good. Toby, who I have been indifferent towards for the majority of this season, put on a really good show as well. I don't really like the cover song he sang, but in all fairness he sang it spot on. I thought his original was the strongest of the night and it certainly got the crowd singing along with him and the energy up in the room.

Bottom Three should be:

Dilana
Lukas
Magni

Bottom Three will most likely be:

Dilana
Storm
Magni

I think we may be 'shocked,' but I think Dilana, unless she pulls out a miracle, is going to get a head start on that solo career.

Bear said:

Bear

:lol: :lol: :lol: :puke: :puke:

Lukas sucked balls on the Bon jovi tune. I also was looking at my wife saying hell I know all the words to this song but yet can;t recognize but about everything 4th word out of his mouth during the song. He so killed a VERY up tempo song to give it his EMO touch. He needs to go and he needs to go NOW. Dalina sucked period in both of her songs. Magni just did not impress this week at all, I was rather underwhelmed by both of his performances. My top 2 EASILY are Toby and Storm. I personally think Toby has really stepped it up the last 3 weeks and should be considered the front runner now. How Storm was in the bottom 3 especially 4th from the early voting amazes me. Did we not all hear the same performances??? Lukas #2??? Puleaze.

VenomGA said:
Lukas sucked balls on the Bon jovi tune. I also was looking at my wife saying hell I know all the words to this song but yet can;t recognize but about everything 4th word out of his mouth during the song. He so killed a VERY up tempo song to give it his EMO touch. He needs to go and he needs to go NOW. Dalina sucked period in both of her songs. Magni just did not impress this week at all, I was rather underwhelmed by both of his performances. My top 2 EASILY are Toby and Storm. I personally think Toby has really stepped it up the last 3 weeks and should be considered the front runner now. How Storm was in the bottom 3 especially 4th from the early voting amazes me. Did we not all hear the same performances??? Lukas #2??? Puleaze.

I thought Magni did great on his original song, he rocked the shit out of it....

My pics for bottom 3.

Pukas, Storm and Dilana

If anyone would like to hear the unedited version of Storm's original, it's on her MySpace page as "Ladylike R". http://www.myspace.com/stormandtheballs

I really like Storm's original stuff and that alone makes me NOT want her to win...I think she'd be too limited with the Supernova material.

I'm a little disappointed with Dilana, but I still think she would fit well with Supernova.

I want Lukas to go away.....same with Toby.

Magni is the only one of the guys that I like. I'd love to hear him sing some rockin' emotional stuff...give him an Evergrey tune to sing. :loco:

Did anyone catch the announcement that the house band would be opening for Supernova with some of the "rockers" doing covers? That could be interesting...more interesting than seeing Supernova. :p

Luke-ass, destroyed Livin' On A Prayer for sure! I'll be the first to admit that I love that song. He could've made it more crunchy and heavy, but he takes it in a complete opposite direction! Dumbass! :rolleyes:

I thought Toby did alright, but the others just bored me to tears. :cry:

I have no idea what people see in Storm? I think she sucks! :ill:

Storm is a decent singer. I think she needs to focus less on "posing" and more on being a good performer. She is a little disturbing to watch.

I did catch the announcement of the House Band as the opener. I agree that I would be much more interested in that performance than SUPERNOVA. It brings the ROCK STAR show on the road! Cool idea...

This is funny.

I had the same thoughts on Lukas. He cannot enunciate. This is why. He doesn't know how to sing. What he's trying to do is to open up his vocals, and thus sing from the chest. This causes him to rarely move his tongue. By doing so, he is not forming the letters. This is what I do at times to try to consistently hit the intended note. However, what you are supposed to do is form the air in the chest (you obviously don't really sing from the chest. Its a lame saying. You are just forming the strength and mentally to do it right you think 'its from the chest'), and then shape it all the way up and through the mouth. He is forgetting the last part. Now its all garbled. And its not like at a small venue concert where you can blame it on the soundguy. The sound for this show is really solid. Its all on him. But lets be honest. He had to do it the way he did. If he tried to sing it clean, and do the actual scales he would have fallen flat on his ass.

I enjoyed Dilana's set tonight. I thought she did an okay version for her first song. And I got into her cover. Her potential for a solo career doesn't exist, in my opinion, unless she hires a song writer. But I thought that she did pretty good.

I liked Toby's set. But you know... something was missing. It just felt cheap. Overdone, all a stage act.

Magni is great. He has had a successful career so far, but last night showed me that he can do hard rock. I think he should try out hard rock in his solo career.

Storm was good too. I thought that she was all over the place in the first song. She wasn't hitting the right notes, but I don't think she cared. I really enjoyed her original piece.