Rockstar - Supernova revisited

I thought all the performances were good.
Swami says....
Storm is gone though. Magni next. Ryan next.
Leaving Lukas, Toby and Dilana in a 3 way final.

Big surprise for all the Ryan fans on here! "The Dark Horse" is gone! While he came a long way and gave some memorable performances, I never saw him as the right fit for the band.

I still think Dilana is the best choice. She has the right look, stage presence and most importantly, the ability to take any song (even ones I personally hate) in any style and make it sound interesting.

As for the rest ...

Lucas - great look, great performer but I hate his singing style. His pronunciation is horrible and I have a hard time understanding what he's singing. I hope he doesn't win, but they really seem to like him.

Magni - good voice and stage presence. Seems a bit laid back for this band. Seemed to only excell vocally on one style of music - grunge, until the Jimi Hendrix song. Don't see him winning, but wouldn't hate it if he did.

Toby - good voice and stage presence. Bit of a pretty boy and the chicks really seem to dig him, but in the end it's going to be Motley Crue/Metallica fans that buy the tickets. Didn't care for his song with the band last week, but that could have just been the song.

Storm - definite eye candy, good voice and great performer. Seems to be the most level headed and professional of the bunch. Extremly supportive of everyone else, whenever someone else is performing, you always see Storm in the background jamming out and trying to get the crowd into the performance. Some people on here have labled her a poser, but I dont see that. It's called showmanship. She's my favorite next to Dilana. I doubt she'll win, she might even be the next to go home, but she's definitely got a future.

What does everyone else think?

I was sure Storm was gone. A bit surprised it was Ryan. Storm will be next.

After seeing three shitty songs from Supernova, I actually amd starting to care less and less who wins. That song with Lukas last night sucked the suck out of suck. It was horrid. Gilby sucks. Whomever wins has their work cut out for them, seems as though the band is going to have to rely heavy on great voclas to make them successful....

I think Magni should win it, seriously. He has the best voice remaining from the guys. If they do go with Dilana, it will be her band :Smug:

Bear said:
After seeing three shitty songs from Supernova, I actually amd starting to care less and less who wins. That song with Lukas last night sucked the suck out of suck. It was horrid. Gilby sucks. Whomever wins has their work cut out for them, seems as though the band is going to have to rely heavy on great voclas to make them successful....

I think Magni should win it, seriously. He has the best voice remaining from the guys. If they do go with Dilana, it will be her band :Smug:

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DITTO!!!!!!!!! I'm with you, Bear. Magni should win, but I still think the band totally sucks!!!!

I too was a bit surprised when Ryan got the boot. I have never cared for his vocals (he just makes wierd vocal choices) but he was one of the only people who consistantly listened to what SN suggested and tried to step it up...oh well. He definitely wasn't the one. I think they are holding on to Storm as a buffer when they have a really hard time making a decision, similar to Patrice.

As for their songs, I agree that this isn't a strong band, musically. I do think, however, that the song they played last night was their strongest. Lukas butchered it completely, imo. I do not think this is a 'live' kind of band. I think this is a studio project that 'has' to tour. When the songs are recorded properly with strong and 'produced' vocals, I think we will hear a different animal. Will it be awesome? Highly doubtable, but I do think the songs will be better on record after hearing them played on the radio a billion times, than hearing them once live for the first time without the final vocalist.

Dilana, in making some mistakes, is no different than any one of SN, only they usually make much bigger mistakes. She still has the goods. Magni has the vocals needed as well, just less dynamic a performer and Toby is bringing his game out of nowhere it seems...

Ok, I confess, I have not watched this at all. Didn't even know about it until I saw this topic. I didn't much care for AI and I don't really watch TV anyway, so easy for it to slip under the radar. Anyway, just for fun I was checking out tix for this at Radio City Music Hall and ran across this helpful little tip about going to the show:

Rock Star: Supernova Tickets
Additional Information:
ARRIVE EARLY: Please arrive one-hour prior to showtime. All guests and their belongings may be subject to search, which includes metal-detecting hand wands up entry.
Just what entry are they talking about?!!:OMG:
I think I'll watch this on the tube. :lol:

I'm actually glad Ryan was booted - never liked his singing style, thought he ripped off arrangements, and he was the textbook definition of poseur to me. I think that's it's possible to try too hard, and last night was a shining example of it. I mean, c'mon Ryan... climbing on the bass amps? (and not at all gracefully either.) I was cracking up... swinging the mic around (also not gracefully) and trying to take his shirt off (which he also botched.) Did you see the cutaway to Gilby during his performance? It was priceless.

*I* actually thought it was going to be Dilana to go last night (and I think she should win...) but she completely butchered Psycho Killer, and the SN guys were looking at each other and going "WTF is this?!?!?!" during her performance.

Storm didn't go because they are holding onto her for ratings... they didn't want to have only one girl left, and she's eye candy for the boys who tune in each week. Also, let's face it, it was both Dilana's and Storm's first time to be in the bottom three... Ryan had been there a couple times already.

I am actually not enjoying the music that SN is putting out either. I am almost to the point now of hoping that Lukas wins the whole thing so that this project dies on the vine. It's not like this is going to have a long shelf-life anyway... Jason has his Voivod, Tommy has Motley, and Gilby has hopes that GNR get back together and invite him to play. :lol:

GNR seems pretty happy with Bumblefoot. =p

Though Gilby was only a rythm guitarist in the band. I do wonder how/why they had him join in. Though a pointless question I guess... its just that there are so many popular guitarists out there.. so why Gilby? Though Gilby did tour with MC5 in 2005. And Gilby does have some really good solo albums. <shrug>

Personally, I think that Butch Walker should have had more to do with organizing this project, and voicing in on opinions of the performers. It is him that will end up saving this band's album. Hopefully.

I wasn't sad to see Ryan go at all. His performances always seemed way too forced. Only "natural" one was Losing My Religion and that's not a good thing when you're auditioning for a band. Even if he sounded good on CD, I could never watch videos or go to concerts since he always looks constipated.
Also, Lukas was horrible last night despite all his fans saying how that performance won it for him. You barely understood 2 words out of his mouth. And what songs does he have a tendency to REALLY mumble on? The ones he doesn't like, ala Celebrity Skin.
Personally, I like Storm and Magni as singers the most. Their stage performances are a bit lacking but you can usually work on that. Dilana does sound the same on every song so I do see it being hard to watch a live show with her for 2 hrs. I'm also not sure about Toby. All the performances where the band likes him, he always sounds horrible to me (except Somebody Told Me). Off key, off beat, etc.

Also, someone said they think this will mostly be a studio project. Not according to Tommy. This band is supposed to be about bringing back the big arena performance shows. I'm not a fan of arena shows and at this point, I don't think I would even pay to see them in a small venue for $15.

Definately some of the worst songs i've heard in years, I keep wondering what the contestants really think of SN now?

Did anyone notice how old and lame Gilby, Jason and Tommy looked during Lucas's performance? Gilby and Jason just stood there and Tommy's face was so red it look like it hurt (definately too many tanning bed sessions lately) no disrespect intended. :zombie: :zombie: :zombie:

Honestly I think that with all the recent popularity with all the singers each would be better off without SN and those lame songs.

P.S. I think we all saw the "real" side of Dilana during the interview, she said what she really felt and only apologized because of the contest... she's the last thing any band needs on the road.:cry: :cry: :cry:

She needs to go solo.

Let's just say that odds are 100% it's going to be a guy fronting SN.

Toby or Kid Rock

BlindPanzer said:
the blurred figure behind the guy singing is Portnoy. He often posts in his forum about the show and his favorites.
http://www.mikeportnoy.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1324121

He is friends with the house band drummer as well.

They both went to Berklee.

BTW. If you look up the bio, and favorite songs of the lead guitarist, you'll see some love for metal. Including Slayer and Alice in Chains.

If you watch the webepisodes, it really seems like Toby has the lead in Gilby's eyes. Dilana is going to suck tonight.

Cheiron said:
They both went to Berklee.

BTW. If you look up the bio, and favorite songs of the lead guitarist, you'll see some love for metal. Including Slayer and Alice in Chains.

If you watch the webepisodes, it really seems like Toby has the lead in Gilby's eyes. Dilana is going to suck tonight.

Dilana always sucks... :puke:

Once again, I hate to burst your bubbles, but the winner is known LONG before the show is complete........

I know none of you feel you have any reason to believe me and that is fine.
I knew who won last year, and I know who has the nod for SUPERNOVA.

Don't be fooled by Hollywood and the magic of television.