Sanctuary reforming?

Just offends this here Manilla Road fan quite a bit! :)

:lol:

Yeah, realistically I still wasn't with the program today when I posted that. Not the first time I've done that on this forum and eaten my own words. :lol:

I just got a little pissed when RMS said that Pantera started the worst thing in metal, so after that I just went overboard. :lol:

:lol:

Yeah, realistically I still wasn't with the program today when I posted that. Not the first time I've done that on this forum and eaten my own words. :lol:

I just got a little pissed when RMS said that Pantera started the worst thing in metal, so after that I just went overboard. :lol:

they did buddy..and come on Annhilator was terrible after their second release :( how can they be consistent! Metal in the 90s was all Death and Black metal, which obviously at the time wasnt as commercially accepted as thrash/heavy so thats where it went, and theres really no good representation of heavy, thrash during the 90s..but some good doom

they did buddy..and come on Annhilator was terrible after their second release :( how can they be consistent!

I wholeheartedly disagree. Set The World On Fire is terrible? Refresh The Demon is terrible? King Of The Kill is terrible? I could keep going... They didn't put out a single album in the 90s that is even so-so unless you want to count Remains. It's technically an Annihilator album in name, but Jeff always considered it a solo project type deal since he was the only musician on it. I find most of the "nostalgic" Annihilator fans never bothered to try to get into anything after Never, Neverland, because when they heard Set The World On Fire and it was toned down a bit from the thrashiness (it's still a thrash record, just not as heavy in it, more melodic), they were immediately turned off by it. Refresh The Demon and King Of The Kill both came out directly after that and took them back truer to their straight on speed/thrash roots. I could argue this point all day but somehow I think it would fall on deaf ears.

I wholeheartedly disagree. Set The World On Fire is terrible? Refresh The Demon is terrible? King Of The Kill is terrible? I could keep going... They didn't put out a single album in the 90s that is even so-so unless you want to count Remains. It's technically an Annihilator album in name, but Jeff always considered it a solo project type deal since he was the only musician on it. I find most of the "nostalgic" Annihilator fans never bothered to try to get into anything after Never, Neverland, because when they heard Set The World On Fire and it was toned down a bit from the thrashiness (it's still a thrash record, just not as heavy in it, more melodic), they were immediately turned off by it. Refresh The Demon and King Of The Kill both came out directly after that and took them back truer to their straight on speed/thrash roots. I could argue this point all day but somehow I think it would fall on deaf ears.

I agree most of Annihilator's stuff is awesome, but come on dude, Annihilator IS a Jeff Waters solo band.

As for RMS, we could keep going on for days in this argument. To me, Pantera at least kept it afloat and at least through 97 or so had the spirit of metal. I said who I think helped with the so-called bad metal and I'm just going to leave it at that. This thread has been so schizophrenic, I really don't want to now go on yet another tangent (I know too late to say that).

So...how about Sanctuary getting back together? :lol:

holy thread resurrection! :yow:

here's the latest on the Sanctuary reunion.

According to Dane, his signature high-pitched vocal delivery, which has been largely absent from some of NEVERMORE's most recent recordings, will make its return on the forthcoming SANCTUARY CD. Dane says, "I am going to go back and take more voice lessons before I even think about recording another SANCTUARY record. I have to! I haven't been using that aspect of my voice for years because in NEVERMORE, I don't think it's really appropriate. When you're singing that way, you have to be consistent. And since you're never too old to learn anything, why not go back and take lessons?"

Me Likey! :dopey:

holy thread resurrection! :yow:

here's the latest on the Sanctuary reunion.

According to Dane, his signature high-pitched vocal delivery, which has been largely absent from some of NEVERMORE's most recent recordings, will make its return on the forthcoming SANCTUARY CD. Dane says, "I am going to go back and take more voice lessons before I even think about recording another SANCTUARY record. I have to! I haven't been using that aspect of my voice for years because in NEVERMORE, I don't think it's really appropriate. When you're singing that way, you have to be consistent. And since you're never too old to learn anything, why not go back and take lessons?"

Me Likey! :dopey:

I'm in love!!:wave:

Sweet. But Mirror really didn't have that many high pitch vocals compared to Refuge though. Maybe the new one will be more in the vein of Refuge?

I think overall this is going to be one of those things that's going to turn out absolutely fantastic, or it's going to be a trainwreck in my opinion.

Sweet. But Mirror really didn't have that many high pitch vocals compared to Refuge though. Maybe the new one will be more in the vein of Refuge?

There's still a lot more than Nevermore. To be honest, I hope they don't bow to the "nostalgia" wave and make another record in the style of ItMB, since it's one of my favorite albums ever.

oh yeah since the other one was not visible on youtube, here are links to some videos of KWD courtesy of VIMEO.

here is our 4th installment in our holiday remixes. where i replace all vocals with clips from holiday movies. this is the first time we took the actual movie footage and set it to what i put on the CD. turned out pretty cool i guess.
http://vimeo.com/2446371

this one was pulled for violent content and i guess nudity? even though its only a side boob.
http://vimeo.com/2089162

and a video a friend did for us for their independent zombie movie called Z13: The Zombie Within
http://vimeo.com/3321180

then finally our most popular video with over 280,000+ plays before it was yanked. our military fans love it naturally. ;) note the homage to Pantera.
http://vimeo.com/3420556

I'm kinda partial to "Put Your Mouth Where The Money Is" myself... :Smug: